2019-2020 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received. OOS, verified 7/11

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anyway you guys abbreviated the entire medical school name? "Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science" is so many words for a 150 word prompt lol

Is there anyway you guys abbreviated the entire medical school name? "Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science" is so many words for a 150 word prompt lol

I used "Chicago Medical School".
I think you can also use "RFUMS"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
RFUMS is used on the front page of their website (Discover RFUMS)

If you have a checkmark next to both items on the portal, are you complete? Or did you guys get an email

If you have a checkmark next to both items on the portal, are you complete? Or did you guys get an email

I just received a confirmation email of my payment, so I assume both those check marks do mean you’re complete OR they just take a bit to send out a “complete” email.

Anyone else having problems submitting payment? I get an error stating payment was rejected as it was submitted in a non live environment with a live card. Looks like the issue is on their end? I have logged out and logged in. I also tried using different cards.

Anyone else having problems submitting payment? I get an error stating payment was rejected as it was submitted in a non live environment with a live card. Looks like the issue is on their end? I have logged out and logged in. I also tried using different cards.
Yes! I’ve been emailing them since this morning. Still don’t know what’s up with the “test environment “ thing.

Also having the same problem with submitting payment.

Also having the same problem with submitting payment.
You have to use one of the 'test numbers' on the stripe page, and then it goes through?? I got an email that it was submitted, but no check mark. NO idea what's going on

You have to use one of the 'test numbers' on the stripe page, and then it goes through?? I got an email that it was submitted, but no check mark. NO idea what's going on

Same issue here. Going to email and call them to find out what's going on.

Where is this button? I don't see it on mine even though I have FAP
Okay so weird because when I looked when I first received it there was a question that asked if I was a FAP receipient but I just looked and it just asks for credit card information. I would give them a call if you received FAP and it’s not allowing you to waive it...something must have changed in their application portal

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted! Did not have issues with payment. Received a "receipt of payment" email, no complete email yet.

1. Please discuss challenges in your journey thus far to medical school. (150 words)

Is this basically asking for the adversity essay?

1. Please discuss challenges in your journey thus far to medical school. (150 words)

Is this basically asking for the adversity essay?

I interpreted as specifically academic challenges, for example I talked about my initial lack of motivation to study for the MCAT among other things

Do you still have the “awaiting” status next to supplemental application on the portal or did it change to complete?
Yes, it still says "awaiting". It does have a disclaimer on the bottom of the page that says it can take up to 2 business days for the status of your application to change.

Just received a “complete” email telling me my file is ready for review. Received and submitted secondary 7/11 (OOS CA applicant)!

Reactions: 3 users
Is it just me or have others also been able to type more than 150 words in each box? Not sure if I should leave it as is or cut it down to 150.. Is it a glitch?

Is it just me or have others also been able to type more than 150 words in each box? Not sure if I should leave it as is or cut it down to 150.. Is it a glitch?

They may do it to protect user error if you're slightly over, or it may be a glitch. Either way, it's usually better to err on the side of following their instructions than not.

Did you guys get a confirmation email after you submitted your secondary? my secondary says it has been received but when I click on it I can still change stuff and sign stuff, is that normal?

Did you guys get a confirmation email after you submitted your secondary? my secondary says it has been received but when I click on it I can still change stuff and sign stuff, is that normal?

No. It seems that they manually mark files complete, or do it batches.

I know the folks who were ready on the 28th had to wait close to two weeks before receiving the secondary. Did it take around the same amount of time for people who were verified later?

I got a complete email on 7/18 after submitting on 7/12

Haven't received a secondary here, AMCAS was verified 8 days ago.. OOS California

Haven't gotten a secondary here. Also am not verified yet. But the 2 shouldn't be related lol
Uhh most places your primary has to be verified before getting a secondary.

• Haha
Submitted primary here 5 days ago no secondary yet. Did i get screened orrr are they just a little slower?

Submitted primary here 5 days ago no secondary yet. Did i get screened orrr are they just a little slower?
Do we even know if they pre-screen? I would just be patient, esp if you submitted 5 days ago

Do we even know if they pre-screen? I would just be patient, esp if you submitted 5 days ago
I mean its no worries for me i'm drowning in secondaries. Just wondering when this one is gonna hit me or if it would ever.

According to MSAR and RFU's website, secondaries are sent to all verified applicants

For the challenge essay, I understand that it can be any challenge/obstacle and not just academic-related, but I'm confused on how major or recent a challenge should be to warrant filling out this essay vs leaving it blank. My other general challenge essays have been about my struggles in high school with public speaking and anxiety, but I'm not sure if this is significant enough for this optional essay. Any input would be appreciated!

Submitted my secondary on 7/16 but still no confirmation email. Anyone else in the same situation?

For the challenge essay, I understand that it can be any challenge/obstacle and not just academic-related, but I'm confused on how major or recent a challenge should be to warrant filling out this essay vs leaving it blank. My other general challenge essays have been about my struggles in high school with public speaking and anxiety, but I'm not sure if this is significant enough for this optional essay. Any input would be appreciated!

Could be quite good especially if you frame it as you did exposure therapy to yourself and willingly enrolled in classes that had an oral presentation component... assuming you did thatlmfao

Could be quite good especially if you frame it as you did exposure therapy to yourself and willingly enrolled in classes that had an oral presentation component... assuming you did thatlmfao
Cool yeah I definitely forced myself out of my comfort zone to overcome that. Thanks for the input and reassurance!

Sooo I submitted my secondary, but didn't receive a prompt to pay a fee or select that I'm an FAP recipient? Anyone else have this?

So I received a confirmation of submission email and to my knowledge everything else (MCAT, CASPer, and LORs) are in, but my app checklist is still listed as 'awaiting.' Is this normal? Submitted on the 15th.

So I received a confirmation of submission email and to my knowledge everything else (MCAT, CASPer, and LORs) are in, but my app checklist is still listed as 'awaiting.' Is this normal? Submitted on the 15th.

I submitted the 17th and my checklist still says “awaiting”!