-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Emory
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup they don’t mail anything but acceptancesIs Emory only mailing out acceptances (and not rejections or waitlists) today? I am able to track what’s being mailed to me and just saw that a letter from Emory was put this morning, will probably arrive tomorrow.
turbo_yeet
Full Member
Does the portal status change on the day decisions are mailed out?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I recall, it seemed to take a few days to change after decisions were mailed out.Does the portal status change on the day decisions are mailed out?
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
are there any additional dates for february interviews (beyond the 21st)? trying to stay optimistic but slowly thinking chances of receiving an interview are slim to none
Congratulations!! Only acceptances go out, did your applicant portal change yet?Is Emory only mailing out acceptances (and not rejections or waitlists) today? I am able to track what’s being mailed to me and just saw that a letter from Emory was put this morning, will probably arrive tomorrow.
Is Emory only mailing out acceptances (and not rejections or waitlists) today? I am able to track what’s being mailed to me and just saw that a letter from Emory was put this morning, will probably arrive tomorrow.
How does one do this?
Not yetCongratulations!! Only acceptances go out, did your applicant portal change yet?
USPS informed delivery digest. You create an account and sign up on their website. Got the official email this afternoon. Accepted!!How does one do this?
USPS informed delivery digest. You create an account and sign up on their website. Got the official email this afternoon. Accepted!!
Congrats!!!!!! To confirm, you got an email? I thought just the portals updated after the acceptance mails roll in?
turbo_yeet
Full Member
@wisdan11 What an amazing tip, dude! I just signed up for informed delivery yesterday. Got a email notification from USPS about an incoming letter from Emory SOM this morning 😀 😀
Last edited:
Congrats! When did you interview?@wisdan11 What an amazing tip, dude! I just signed up for informed delivery yesterday. Got a email notification from USPS about an incoming letter from Emory SOM this morning 😀 😀
turbo_yeet
Full Member
12/20! Also the portal just updated 🙂Congrats! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
Anyone from the 1/17 interview group hear anything? Also, for those checking the USPS Informed Delivery, does it give estimated dates for delivery?
fifascourge111
New Member
Accepted! Interviewed 1/17.
Does anyone know if Emory has a second look? Do people usually go to these/find them helpful for deciding?
Does anyone know if Emory has a second look? Do people usually go to these/find them helpful for deciding?
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
How do you know? Was your portal updated?Accepted! Interviewed 1/17.
Does anyone know if Emory has a second look? Do people usually go to these/find them helpful for deciding?
fifascourge111
New Member
Yeah, I peeped the portal. Haven't actually checked my mail yet.How do you know? Was your portal updated?
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
For everyone that has been accepted, was your portal updated the day after acceptances were supposed to go out?
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
New Member
Interviewing here on valentines day. Any suggestions for the group interview? Really hoping for an acceptance from this school and would love any advice on how to maximize my chances!!
D
deleted955650
They basically ask you questions from your app and other traditional interview questions in a 3-on-3 setting. Just know your experiences well, future of healthcare, what you do for fun...things of that ilk and you should be good to go. Obviously, be respectful of your fellow interviewees and all interviewers. The 4th year giving the tour is usually your student interviewer on the 3-on-3. Good luck!Interviewing here on valentines day. Any suggestions for the group interview? Really hoping for an acceptance from this school and would love any advice on how to maximize my chances!!
What is OPUS? Are accepted students supposed to have a login to a different portal, or are you talking about the normal applicant admissions portal we have been using all cycle?Has anyone been able to access OPUS? The financial aid deadline is approaching and I would like to confirm all of my documents have been received.
45 minutes each roughlydon't think I've seen this mentioned anywhere yet--can someone say how long each of the interviews are?
anybody know if emory has given out all of their feb dates?
doc_the_stallion
Full Member
just got an II this evening @6! LM 72 and submitted 7/30
doc_the_stallion
Full Member
anybody know if emory has given out all of their feb dates?
No 2/24 and 2/28 were still open!
What is OPUS? Are accepted students supposed to have a login to a different portal, or are you talking about the normal applicant admissions portal we have been using all cycle?
OPUS is their portal for tracking financial aid documents. It’s a different login and seems like it isn’t working yet
does emory accept pre-II updates?
Yesdoes emory accept pre-II updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any October (or later) applicants heard anything yet? Trying to keep hopes for an II from my #1 alive.
Has anyone been able to access OPUS? The financial aid deadline is approaching and I would like to confirm all of my documents have been received.
OPUS is their portal for tracking financial aid documents. It’s a different login and seems like it isn’t working yet
Were you given directions to access OPUS with your acceptance? Or were you told this to access this on interview day to track financial aid documents?
Anyone get an email about financial aid without even having an interview? lol
SameeeeeAnyone get an email about financial aid without even having an interview? lol
I didn’t get anything...Anyone get an email about financial aid without even having an interview? lol
I didn’t get anything...
Did you fill out a fafsa and put Emory on it? I’m sure that’s the reason for the email, I just thought it was pretty funny.
I did file my Fafsa but I did not include Emory! Thank you for the clarification, it definitely is funny however. You usually expect financial aid emails from schools you’ve at least received an invite from.Did you fill out a fafsa and put Emory on it? I’m sure that’s the reason for the email, I just thought it was pretty funny.
Anyone know how long Emory's interview season is?
Online it says that they interview until February!
Would be interested to hear if anyone knows whether they're expecting to send out any more IIs or if they're all booked for the rest of the month
mcatsucks19
Full Member
just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!Online it says that they interview until February!
Would be interested to hear if anyone knows whether they're expecting to send out any more IIs or if they're all booked for the rest of the month
tehe123tehe456
Full Member
did you happen to see if any other dates were available?just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!
also it says invitations to interview are extended until the end of february so hypothetically do people think they may interview into march?
congrats! did you send any updates?just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!
Congrats! May I ask for your stats + complete date?just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!
mcatsucks19
Full Member
did you happen to see if any other dates were available?
also it says invitations to interview are extended until the end of february so hypothetically do people think they may interview into march?
they just assigned me with a date in the email because someone else had cancelled last minute
congrats! did you send any updates?
Thank you! And I did not - thought about it but never got around to it haha
Congrats! May I ask for your stats + complete date?
Thanks! Sure - 520, 3.9, complete 8/26
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted668917
Interview season is wrapping up so they have probably reviewed every application already.I wonder if they are up to October applicants
Supremehobo
New Member
Got an II few hours ago. Complete early August.
Got an II few hours ago. Complete early August.
Congrats! What dates are available if you don’t mind?
Supremehobo
New Member
Thanks! For the dates, all I'm seeing is Feb 24 and 28thCongrats! What dates are available if you don’t mind?