2019-2020 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Emory only mailing out acceptances (and not rejections or waitlists) today? I am able to track what’s being mailed to me and just saw that a letter from Emory was put this morning, will probably arrive tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Is Emory only mailing out acceptances (and not rejections or waitlists) today? I am able to track what’s being mailed to me and just saw that a letter from Emory was put this morning, will probably arrive tomorrow.
Yup they don’t mail anything but acceptances

Does the portal status change on the day decisions are mailed out?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
are there any additional dates for february interviews (beyond the 21st)? trying to stay optimistic but slowly thinking chances of receiving an interview are slim to none

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!! Only acceptances go out, did your applicant portal change yet?

How does one do this?

USPS informed delivery digest. You create an account and sign up on their website. Got the official email this afternoon. Accepted!!

Congrats!!!!!! To confirm, you got an email? I thought just the portals updated after the acceptance mails roll in?

@wisdan11 What an amazing tip, dude! I just signed up for informed delivery yesterday. Got a email notification from USPS about an incoming letter from Emory SOM this morning :D :D

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if they stagger portal updates or do they update all at once?

I'm guessing no to this, but anyone from the 1/27 group hear anything yet?

Anyone from the 1/17 interview group hear anything? Also, for those checking the USPS Informed Delivery, does it give estimated dates for delivery?

Accepted! Interviewed 1/17.

Does anyone know if Emory has a second look? Do people usually go to these/find them helpful for deciding?

For everyone that has been accepted, was your portal updated the day after acceptances were supposed to go out?

Interviewing here on valentines day. Any suggestions for the group interview? Really hoping for an acceptance from this school and would love any advice on how to maximize my chances!!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing here on valentines day. Any suggestions for the group interview? Really hoping for an acceptance from this school and would love any advice on how to maximize my chances!!
They basically ask you questions from your app and other traditional interview questions in a 3-on-3 setting. Just know your experiences well, future of healthcare, what you do for fun...things of that ilk and you should be good to go. Obviously, be respectful of your fellow interviewees and all interviewers. The 4th year giving the tour is usually your student interviewer on the 3-on-3. Good luck!

Has anyone been able to access OPUS? The financial aid deadline is approaching and I would like to confirm all of my documents have been received.
What is OPUS? Are accepted students supposed to have a login to a different portal, or are you talking about the normal applicant admissions portal we have been using all cycle?

What is OPUS? Are accepted students supposed to have a login to a different portal, or are you talking about the normal applicant admissions portal we have been using all cycle?

OPUS is their portal for tracking financial aid documents. It’s a different login and seems like it isn’t working yet

Have any October (or later) applicants heard anything yet? Trying to keep hopes for an II from my #1 alive.

Has anyone been able to access OPUS? The financial aid deadline is approaching and I would like to confirm all of my documents have been received.

OPUS is their portal for tracking financial aid documents. It’s a different login and seems like it isn’t working yet

Were you given directions to access OPUS with your acceptance? Or were you told this to access this on interview day to track financial aid documents?

These comments are interesting because so far the documents I handed in can be tracked through the CSS profile - IDOC services, not OPUS.

Anyone get an email about financial aid without even having an interview? lol

• Wow
Did you fill out a fafsa and put Emory on it? I’m sure that’s the reason for the email, I just thought it was pretty funny.
I did file my Fafsa but I did not include Emory! Thank you for the clarification, it definitely is funny however. You usually expect financial aid emails from schools you’ve at least received an invite from.

Anyone know how long Emory's interview season is?

Anyone know how long Emory's interview season is?

Online it says that they interview until February!
Would be interested to hear if anyone knows whether they're expecting to send out any more IIs or if they're all booked for the rest of the month

Online it says that they interview until February!
Would be interested to hear if anyone knows whether they're expecting to send out any more IIs or if they're all booked for the rest of the month
just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users
just got a II today for tomorrow (like 12 hours notice LOL) because I'm in the area!
did you happen to see if any other dates were available?
also it says invitations to interview are extended until the end of february so hypothetically do people think they may interview into march?

did you happen to see if any other dates were available?
also it says invitations to interview are extended until the end of february so hypothetically do people think they may interview into march?

they just assigned me with a date in the email because someone else had cancelled last minute

congrats! did you send any updates?

Thank you! And I did not - thought about it but never got around to it haha

Congrats! May I ask for your stats + complete date?

Thanks! Sure - 520, 3.9, complete 8/26

Last edited:
Ill be there the 28th! I got my II on 2/4, Im excited.

Reactions: 3 users