2019-2020 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Iowa

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone is also having trouble logging into their secondary link?

Secondary received, OOS.

For that activity prompt from the past five years, can we include high school experiences?

Any IS applicants receive the secondary yet?

Has anyone still not received a secondary?

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t received a secondary but they send them out in July and August in batches.

After you guys payed the application fee how long did it take the system to mark it as received? The application portal says "not received" but when I go and click on "pay application fee" again its says "Your application fee has already been paid."

Anyone know how they screen?

OOS, still haven't received secondary

Reactions: 2 users

"Applicants must have achieved an overall and science* grade-point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for all undergraduate college work. Applicants who have not achieved the former must have completed a minimum of 20 hours of science* Postbaccalaureate or Graduate work at 3.5 or higher. In programs where premedical science courses are offered on either a graded or pass/fail basis, we strongly recommend that you take those courses for a grade."

The site says nothing about screening for the MCAT.

Thank you :bow:

The secondaries are sent out in batches throughout the month into August. Admissions just said to be patient and the it can be unpredictable when you get it.

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering if its worth it to apply here.
Just got one of those generic emails inviting me to apply, I guess based on my MCAT score and URM. I have lower stats but do make their cut off.
Seems like a great school.
Last year's thread had some pretty people excited to attend.

Wondering if its worth it to apply here.
Just got one of those generic emails inviting me to apply, I guess based on my MCAT score and URM. I have lower stats but do make their cut off.
Seems like a great school.
Last year's thread had some pretty people excited to attend.
Worth a shot if you got the money laying around for the primary/secondary. It’s an incredible school, some call it T20.

Anyone know what the boundaries are for "medically related"? For example, are people including shadowing?

After you guys payed the application fee how long did it take the system to mark it as received? The application portal says "not received" but when I go and click on "pay application fee" again its says "Your application fee has already been paid."
Mine is doing the same

Mine took about 3 days

Worth a shot if you got the money laying around for the primary/secondary. It’s an incredible school, some call it T20.

T20 maybe stretching it lmao. I’m a corn-fed Iowan, went to UG here and this is my top school but it’s nowhere near the caliber of a T20 lol. Maybe for certain specialties like peds onc, but overall it’s pretty middle of the pack.

That being said, the community is close-knit and quality of living near UI-Carver is wonderful. UIowa as a whole is also expanding their mental health resources. Definitely a good program in a prime location where you won’t go insane/burnout.

I'm IS and was verified on July 11. Still no secondary. Is it too early to contact the admissions dept?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I'm in their 75th percentile for accepted IS students.
They have an automated system that sends secondaries throughout July and early August. It factors in stats and EC's so its not super predictable when you will get it. As long as you are above their requirements you should be getting a secondary. Check your spam folder too, just in case.

Reactions: 1 users