2019-2020 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There’s no way to know for sure unless you talk to someone at the top of the waitlist or to admissions, but if I had to guess it’s a combination of both.
I have moved 1 spot this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have moved 4 spots this week on the OOS list. Does anyone know if this is people withdrawing from the waitlist or people declining acceptance offers? I am in the low 30's for reference.
I moved 2 spots last week and 1 spot on Monday. I think all three were probably acceptances but can't be sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will be withdrawing from the WL (mid-20s OOS), hope it ends up helping out one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call! It seems so surreal right now... two weeks ago I was convinced I wasn't getting in. Good luck to the rest of you on the waitlist. It's awful being there and I hope the best for you all!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
I got the call! It seems so surreal right now... two weeks ago I was convinced I wasn't getting in. Good luck to the rest of you on the waitlist. It's awful being there and I hope the best for you all!
Congratulations!! I was starting to lose hope about any more movement

Congratulations! I thought of you when I saw it moved a spot today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from IMEI gotten the stipend yet?
Got mine a few days ago. It went straight to my bank account. I had a refund account set up so anytime they give me money it goes straight to my bank. Check your u-bill or financial aid on My UI

I was rejected post interview (after final pool) and am working on my new app. I now remember that they offered app feedback to those reapplying. Do you think it’s too late to ask for feedback? I don’t want to come off as disingenuous because I waited so long and there’s not much in my app to change. But I’d want to know if it was my interview skills or secondary essays which I can still improve at this point for the 2020-2021 cycle.

I was rejected post interview (after final pool) and am working on my new app. I now remember that they offered app feedback to those reapplying. Do you think it’s too late to ask for feedback? I don’t want to come off as disingenuous because I waited so long and there’s not much in my app to change. But I’d want to know if it was my interview skills or secondary essays which I can still improve at this point for the 2020-2021 cycle.
Highly recommend trying to schedule a meeting to get feedback. I did it the first time I applied and it helped out a lot. They give you a document that has the comments adcoms made about your application like if it was your mcat, your gpa etc that was the problem. they also give you all the comments the interviewers wrote down after your interview so you see the exact words the adcoms saw from your interviewers. So if you had trouble with the Interview you can use it to figure out how to improve for the next cycle. If it had something to do with not having enough clinical or shadowing hours that is a little harder to change unless you are taking a gap year

Highly recommend trying to schedule a meeting to get feedback. I did it the first time I applied and it helped out a lot. They give you a document that has the comments adcoms made about your application like if it was your mcat, your gpa etc that was the problem. they also give you all the comments the interviewers wrote down after your interview so you see the exact words the adcoms saw from your interviewers. So if you had trouble with the Interview you can use it to figure out how to improve for the next cycle. If it had something to do with not having enough clinical or shadowing hours that is a little harder to change unless you are taking a gap year
Whoa that’s awesome!! I’ll definitely be calling them

Just withdrew my OOS waitlist. #16. Good luck boys and girls

Reactions: 3 users
I highly recommend anyone waitlisted or declined to take Iowa up on their offer to give you specific application/interview feedback, which I just did today- this is a service most schools don’t offer. The conversation was great and very insightful. Email [email protected] and ask to schedule a phone call for application feedback

Withdrew my acceptance! OOS student. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys

I highly recommend anyone waitlisted or declined to take Iowa up on their offer to give you specific application/interview feedback, which I just did today- this is a service most schools don’t offer. The conversation was great and very insightful. Email [email protected] and ask to schedule a phone call for application feedback
Scheduled mine for this coming Monday!!

Just got some really good app feedback from Iowa!! Super detailed and helpful!! (Tfw you’re a nervous talker and talked too much during CBL lol)

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have any additional information on the OOS list? Such as how many have CTE or how many are still PTE?

Anyone have any additional information on the OOS list? Such as how many have CTE or how many are still PTE?
If you are currently at the top of the WL, I would call admissions and ask. They will give you an honest opinion on the amount of movement that is expected.

Withdrew from the OOS list and was top #15. For future SDN readers, I started at #54.

For future SDN readers, I was an IS waitlisted at #31 and got down to #5. Thankfully I got into another program. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users