2020-2021 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we thinking tomorrow is the day or Wednesday?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Whenever they release the decisions, does the update email say what your status is (A/WL/R) or do they make you log in to see?

Whenever they release the decisions, does the update email say what your status is (A/WL/R) or do they make you log in to see?
My acceptance email this year had the subject line “carver college of medicine” and just said “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application.” Followed by a link to the secondary application. So no indication of what the decision was until opening the portal.

My acceptance email this year had the subject line “carver college of medicine” and just said “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application.” Followed by a link to the secondary application. So no indication of what the decision was until opening the portal.
thank goodness... i dread any email that starts with "Thank you for applying..."

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Amidst all of the stress and anxiety I want to wish everyone good luck in their med school aspirations no matter what happens tomorrow!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i guess tmrw is the day?
Could still be today, though unlikely. My first time applying, decisions were uploaded around 4pm EST and then took a couple hours to be released.

Could still be today, though unlikely. My first time applying, decisions were uploaded around 4pm EST and then took a couple hours to be released.
Mine came at 4pm CST this year. I’d wait an hour and check again.

Unpopular opinion: I'm glad that decisions weren't sent out today because I have a ton of homework to do tonight and having their decision would be a huge distraction.

1615334924405.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
I was telling some of my coworkers that I’m hearing back this week from an October interview and they were outraged lol
October of which application cycle? 😂

• Haha
I was telling some of my coworkers that I’m hearing back this week from an October interview and they were outraged lol
Nothing quite like the look on someone's face when you first describe the app cycle timeline to them

It amazes me that some schools are still giving out interviews.

Gives me a bit more hope as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Today marks 6 weeks from the final pool notification so fingers crossed

so many people with pet profile pics in this thread lmao 🐶🐈

WL, OOS LM 70. Interviewed in September, pretty low (bad) on WL.

Rejected IS LM 71

See you guys next year

• Sad
  • Care
Rejection. OOS 517 3.86.
I was rejected post interview last year too

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
IS waitlist ranked in the high teens. With such variability in how many they pull off each year it seems like my anxiety stress dreams are here to stay for another few months

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
R. Disappointed but not surpised given my MCAT is still significantly below the OOS median, oh well.

Congrats to all those that will get accepted today, best of luck to those on the WL, and my sympathies to all those who got the axe along with myself today - it was a pleasure sharing Tuesdays with you all!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users
IS waitlist ranked in the high teens. With such variability in how many they pull off each year it seems like my anxiety stress dreams are here to stay for another few months
I think you're in a good place! If I remember correctly, there was only one year where the WL didn't move into the 20's.

R. OOS. Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

• Care
  • Sad
OOS WL in the high 30s and i honestly have no idea what number is good or bad to be on the WL, anyone know?

Last edited:
  • Care
Do they send out decisions at the same time? Or alphabetically ?

A!! interviewed for Rural Interest Day in November! So grateful this was my top choice!! IS 505 MCAT 3.8 GPA

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users