2019-2020 Kentucky

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received the following email

"Good afternoon,
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine acknowledges receiving your application from the American Medical College Application Service.
As a state school, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine accepts primarily Kentucky residents. If you have a clear and strong tie to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you should inform the Admissions Office in writing immediately at [email protected].

Applicants given further consideration will receive e-mail instructions requesting completion of a secondary application. Thank you for your interest in the University of Kentucky College of Medicine."
 
Just received the following email

"Good afternoon,
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine acknowledges receiving your application from the American Medical College Application Service.
As a state school, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine accepts primarily Kentucky residents. If you have a clear and strong tie to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you should inform the Admissions Office in writing immediately at [email protected].

Applicants given further consideration will receive e-mail instructions requesting completion of a secondary application. Thank you for your interest in the University of Kentucky College of Medicine."

+1
 
Just received the following email

"Good afternoon,
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine acknowledges receiving your application from the American Medical College Application Service.
As a state school, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine accepts primarily Kentucky residents. If you have a clear and strong tie to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you should inform the Admissions Office in writing immediately at [email protected].

Applicants given further consideration will receive e-mail instructions requesting completion of a secondary application. Thank you for your interest in the University of Kentucky College of Medicine."

same. OOS MD/PhD.
 
Would it be okay to email them and just explain our ties in the text of the email? Or are pdf/word attachments preferred for things like this?
 
OOS. Primary application sent in on 7/21. Just received the secondary invite this morning! I was born in Kentucky and my dad completed his internal medicine residency at this school, so I have some ties to the state for any OOS people that are wondering.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an invite for an interview today. I'm not early decision.
I submitted my primary late May, got my secondary application early last week and submitted it the end of last week.
Do you mind saying which campus? Good luck!
 
Did you end up sending an email? I'm also md/phd and havent received a secondary yet after that initial email we received.
lmao not yet...
I went back to last-year's thread and apparently some people got that email, and later also received secondaries without doing anything. Couldn't tell if they were MD/PhD tho...
 
Did anyone who is a Kentucky resident complete the optional essays required for out-of-state applicants?
Good luck to everyone!
 
I’m IS, and I did all of them. My KY ties essay was pretty brief but I used it to explain the different places in Ky that I lived in and how my family still lives here and all that jazz. Definitely not required to do but not going to hurt either!


When did you submit your primary if I may ask? I am an IS applicant and was approved 7/17. I have not gotten any emails whatsoever from them. Should I have gotten a primary application approval email? I am confused why a OOS 7/21 got their secondary already and I haven't. Do you think I should call?
 
When did you submit your primary if I may ask? I am an IS applicant and was approved 7/17. I have not gotten any emails whatsoever from them. Should I have gotten a primary application approval email? I am confused why a OOS 7/21 got their secondary already and I haven't. Do you think I should call?
I would definitely call as all IS is guaranteed a secondary I believe (I could be wrong so don’t quote me). Also I submitted my primary within the first week and submitted my secondary the first day I could! But yes, 100% call them because they have been having problems with some people not receiving secondaries in the past!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad