2020-2021 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My In-Laws are hoping it’s a gift box of goodies for the 1/9 virtual reception....but scholarships is probably more likely?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
My In-Laws are hoping it’s a gift box of goodies for the 1/9 virtual reception....but scholarships is probably more likely?

Idk if they’d give any gifts until after people are for sure going to their school I hope they didn’t just get my hopes all the way up haha

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone got the gift through the mail? I havent received one yet but would like to spoil the surprise and know what it is lol

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Lmao I got my rejection through the mail today

• Sad
  • Care
Does anyone know when UK starts to pull from their waitlist? Is it around Feb/March?? I was waitlisted at the Lexington and am really eager to hear back. Thanks! :)

Yay! Got a teeny tiny scholarship. RIP OOS students

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone from December 8th interview hear back yet? I know the class is full but I’m just hoping to make alternate list lol

Does anyone know what our schedules will look like for the first semester?? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UK accepts updated transcripts? I have an interview coming up and would like them to have my fall grades on file, if they're accepted.

Can Any current student comment on if anatomy practical lab Exam is still fill in the blank? or is it multiple choice?
Thank you all!

Hello! Congratulations whoever got accepted to UKMED. Good luck to anyone who got waitlisted or rejected! I have a question. I have just started studying for MCAT(I'm a junior). My goal is to get at least 506 and above.

I have a part-time job(20hrs a week), I have a research, and I will take 16 credit hours this spring.

So, I was thinking to take MCAT on May 28th(use the summer vacation((full one month)) to study for MCAT) , get the result on June 28th, submit my MCAT score on AAMC(submit the primary without MCAT score first on May). Would it significantly lower my chance to get an interview date on September?

Also, is 506 or 508 a bad score?

My current GPA is 3.9. I work part-time at a hospital (thousands of clinical experience hours). I have one ongoing research project. No volunteer experience unfortunately.

Hello! Congratulations whoever got accepted to UKMED. Good luck to anyone who got waitlisted or rejected! I have a question. I have just started studying for MCAT(I'm a junior). My goal is to get at least 506 and above.

I have a part-time job(20hrs a week), I have a research, and I will take 16 credit hours this spring.

So, I was thinking to take MCAT on May 28th(use the summer vacation((full one month)) to study for MCAT) , get the result on June 28th, submit my MCAT score on AAMC(submit the primary without MCAT score first on May). Would it significantly lower my chance to get an interview date on September?

Also, is 506 or 508 a bad score?

My current GPA is 3.9. I work part-time at a hospital (thousands of clinical experience hours). I have one ongoing research project. No volunteer experience unfortunately.

I am currently accepted to UKCOM with a 505 MCAT! I would try to get at least some volunteer work done between now and June though

I am currently accepted to UKCOM with a 505 MCAT! I would try to get at least some volunteer work done between now and June though
OH, congrats! When did you submit your complete primary application? I am thinking to submit the primary a month later(the last week of June, 2021) because that's when I will get my MCAT score back.

OH, congrats! When did you submit your complete primary application? I am thinking to submit the primary a month later because that's when I will get my MCAT score back.

My primary wasn’t submitted until August because I was waiting to hear back about FAP! Got my II in September and interviewed October 3rd!

My primary wasn’t submitted until August because I was waiting to hear back about FAP! Got my II in September and interviewed October 3rd!
So, it's completely fine not to submit the primary right on the day it opens on May 28th. Thank god. Do you remember the interview questions? I see some people had two interviews.

What are some interview questions? Why do you want to be a doctor? Why do you want to attend this school?
Are there questions based on your extracurricular activities on the primary application?
Are there questions based on your secondary application?
Are there questions that make you pause and think?

How was the environment during the interview? Was an interviewer nice?

How long was an interview?

So, it's completely fine not to submit the primary right on the day it opens on May 28th. Thank god. Do you remember the interview questions? I see some people had two interviews.

What are some interview questions? Why do you want to be a doctor? Why do you want to attend this school?
Are there questions based on your extracurricular activities on the primary application?
Are there questions based on your secondary application?
Are there questions that make you pause and think?

How was the environment during the interview? Was an interviewer nice?

How long was an interview?

I will PM you!

For those that have been accepted either at this school or another, have you gotten the Certiphi background check email yet?

For those that have been accepted either at this school or another, have you gotten the Certiphi background check email yet?

I received mine this morning. It took all of 5-10 minutes to complete.

One other question. Those that have been accepted both to this school and to Louisville, which one are you leaning towards or have chosen and why? They both seem like great medical schools.

Wow. For mine in grad school we got a blank piece of paper and had to fill in the entire exam. MC sounds great 🥵
Yeah, we dissected cadavers in undergrad and all of our practicals were fill-in. this sounds fantastic, but kind of a little worrisome😂😅

Would anybody be willing to share with me what their interview was like/what kinds of questions they asked?
They are looking to just get to know you and may ask "what would you do in this situation..." type of question. It really was low stress. 2 different interviewers for about 30 min each.

Would anybody be willing to share with me what their interview was like/what kinds of questions they asked?
One of mine was more conversational, and the other one was more situation based. For the conversational one, be prepared for why medicine, why UK, why this campus if you selected a branch. They’ll also ask questions about yourself, one interviewer told me that one of my writers described me as a certain way and asked me why I thought they would describe me as such. For the situational aspect be prepared to answer questions about rural medicine. Definitely check out the interview feedback page for UK, it helped me a lot!

Does anyone know when UK starts to pull from their waitlist? Is it around Feb/March?? I was waitlisted at the Lexington and am really eager to hear back. Thanks! :)
I was told they pull from the alternate pool any time a spot opens in the class. So it could be any time from now until June/July. It’s also a pool rather than a “list” so it’s not ranked.

Does anyone know how many people UK, specifically the BG campus, puts in the alternate pool? I was told by the admissions coordinator at BG that there is an alternate pool for each campus. Thanks!

Should be hearing back today! Although last time I heard, the class is already full

Final decision deferred. Got the email about an hour ago. OOS interviewed 1/12.

I wonder if everyone from the 1/12 interview got deferred. They did say the class was already full.

I wonder if everyone from the 1/12 interview got deferred. They did say the class was already full.
Was wondering the same— I was pretty surprised by this email because it seemed the only options post II were being added to the alternate pool or R. I’ll be curious to see where it goes from here

Final decision deferred. Got the email about an hour ago. OOS interviewed 1/12.
Does final decision deferred mean the same thing as being placed in the alternate pool aka being waitlisted? Just curious. Good luck!

Does final decision deferred mean the same thing as being placed in the alternate pool aka being waitlisted? Just curious. Good luck!
I believe so. But they told us that would be the case since everyone at that interview was interviewing for a waitlist spot. The class was full at that point. When people already accepted start choosing other schools, they will accept people that are on the WL/AL.

is there typically a lot of waitlist movement at this school?