2020-2021 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you get an email after your primary submission asking you to expand on your ties to the state? Are you from a nearby state?
No, to both.

My primary was verified around July 10th, and I received a secondary two weeks later.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted last week!
interviewed 8/13

primary application sent in 5/28
verified 5/28 lol same day i know i must have gotten lucky in the queue
Secondary received and completed 7/23
accepted 08/27

Love this school and cant wait to attend!!! The people at the school are some of the best individuals ive ever met!
Congratulations!!! I am interviewing there next week - would you be able to give me any pointers on how the interview style was/tips for preparing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else who received an interview invite recently have February interview dates as the earliest option? Trying to figure out if this is normal or if I’m low priority haha- thanks in advance!

Hey guys have an interview for the RPLP on Friday. Has anyone already interviewed for the morehead campus? How did it go?

Anyone who has already interviewed: do both of the interviewers ask the same questions?

Anyone who has already interviewed: do both of the interviewers ask the same questions?

Just one common question... why UKCOM? My first interviewer was really cool and laid back, my second interviewers (there were two) asked me basically all ethics/situational questions. Nothing too extreme, but I think they were just trying to gauge how I would respond/how calm I remained. It is actually a very chill interview! Don't stress about it too much! Good luck.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Dr. Schmitt is a true gem. I hope I have the opportunity to attend this school!

Did anyone else who received an interview invite recently have February interview dates as the earliest option? Trying to figure out if this is normal or if I’m low priority haha- thanks in advance!

my earliest option was February as well- I got an II last week.

Had such an enjoyable and low stress experience at my interview at northern this morning!! Really hoping to get the A here as it’s easily a top choice!!! Good luck to everyone else with interviews as well. Does anyone know when we may hear back after interviewing?

Had such an enjoyable and low stress experience at my interview at northern this morning!! Really hoping to get the A here as it’s easily a top choice!!! Good luck to everyone else with interviews as well. Does anyone know when we may hear back after interviewing?

At the Lexington Campus they said we should hear about something on October 15th... So very soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent the school a letter of interest?

Also, for regular decision applicants, will they send rejections/waitlists before the 15th?

Last edited:
Has anyone sent the school a letter of interest?

Also, for regular decision applicants, will they send rejections/waitlists before the 15th?

No they are not allowed to tell students anything about admission decision until the 15th. It’s also on their website. And I personally haven’t sent a letter of interest

Anyone still waiting on a secondary? Received my primary complete email on 9/9, but nothing since.

Sending good vibes to all my fellow interviewees for positive news Thursday! Hopefully we hear back then. I know I’m stressing myself out a lot right now so I just wanted to say I’m thinking about all of you as well and hoping the best for all of us :)

Reactions: 3 users
Sending good vibes to all my fellow interviewees for positive news Thursday! Hopefully we hear back then. I know I’m stressing myself out a lot right now so I just wanted to say I’m thinking about all of you as well and hoping the best for all of us :)

I’ve been high key stressing about it, but keeping myself as busy as possible! Good luck to you and everyone else! Looking forward to seeing the flood of A’s!

I’ve been high key stressing about it, but keeping myself as busy as possible! Good luck to you and everyone else! Looking forward to seeing the flood of A’s!

I think it’s somewhat comforting to know that there are many people going through the same thing I’m going through right now. But I don’t know that it makes it any less hard. I’ve been sick so I’ve been off work which is not the best situation this week but trying to keep myself busy with Netflix ahahaha

Love this positivity, right back at you! I’m stressing because I don’t know for sure if I’ll hear back on Thursday. I interviewed 10/01 and by the looks of it, not all acceptances went out on exactly the 15th last year. I just have to remind myself to stay positive and that if I don’t hear anything on the 15th it isn’t an automatic WL/R. I would just be so excited to go here and I don’t want my heart to be broken :laugh:

Love this positivity, right back at you! I’m stressing because I don’t know for sure if I’ll hear back on Thursday. I interviewed 10/01 and by the looks of it, not all acceptances went out on exactly the 15th last year. I just have to remind myself to stay positive and that if I don’t hear anything on the 15th it isn’t an automatic WL/R. I would just be so excited to go here and I don’t want my heart to be broken :laugh:

I feel the same way because I interviewed 10/03 so I’m not sure if I’ll hear back on the 15th or not haha last years threads looked like people around our interview day heard back on like the 17th or 19th or something. Does anyone know if there’s a specific day the admissions committee meets?

Also I think they call for acceptances here right?

Yes! They will call and email I believe. I’m going to have my phone on full blast ring come Thursday. I interviewed on 9/24, so I’m thinking there is a good chance I’ll have a decision on Thursday.

Yes! They will call and email I believe. I’m going to have my phone on full blast ring come Thursday. I interviewed on 9/24, so I’m thinking there is a good chance I’ll have a decision on Thursday.
Yeah I think you will too! I work on Thursday so I’m going to be so distracted all day thinking about this. Hopefully if they call that day I’ll be able to catch it

For those of you who have submitted your secondary application, how long after submission did you hear about whether or not you got an interview? They say 2 weeks but it's clearly not that lol

For those of you who have submitted your secondary application, how long after submission did you hear about whether or not you got an interview? They say 2 weeks but it's clearly not that lol
I got my interview within 2-3 days after submitting my secondary

• Wow

I also got my interview like 2 days after I submitted the secondary, but I think it depends which campus you indicated on secondary. I think Lexington campus has taken longer than branch campuses

• Wow
Same boat...which campus did you apply to?

If you get an A today or the days to come, make sure to include the day you interviewed and which campus you got accepted to. Good luck everyone!!!

ACCEPTED TO LEXINGTON!! Just got the phone call!!! Interviewed 9/24! I for real am shaking. Good luck to everyone!! :banana:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted to NKY!!! Got the call at 8am!! :soexcited:Interviewed 8/27

Did your interviewer call you or someone else? I’m also waiting for NKY but interviewed 10/03! I thought dates before 09/12 were ED only so now I’m thinking they may not get to me /:

Just got the call at 8AM, accepted to UK's Lexington campus. I had to make sure I wasn't dreaming before I posted this. Interviewed 9/29!!! :soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Did your interviewer call you or someone else? I’m also waiting for NKY but interviewed 10/03! I thought dates before 09/12 were ED only so now I’m thinking they may not get to me /:
Were you originally ED?? Congrats!!!
I was not ED! Originally scheduled my interview for Oct 1st but got a call that there were available spots on earlier dates if I wanted to move my interview up. Not enough ED people applied to fill them. My interviewer was the one who called!

• Love
Jeez they started early, I'm so nervous! Congrats to everyone so far!

Accepted to Lexington!!!! Still in shock, so excited!!! Interviewed 9/15

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted to Bowling Green. OOS. Interviewed on 9/9. I started crying on the phone....it was super embarrassing....

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted to Bowling Green!!! Interviewed 9/30

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Trying to will into existence some news for us October interviewees like
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
So are there ED applicants mixed into all of the interview dates or do they interview all ED’s separate from regular applicants?

So are there ED applicants mixed into all of the interview dates or do they interview all ED’s separate from regular applicants?
They had interview days specifically for ED before 09/16. At some campuses, I guess the ED slots weren't full so some regular decision applicants were given the opportunity to interview on the previously specified ED dates. That's my understanding. I don't think any ED applicants interviewed after 09/16 but I could be wrong.

What a dream, I got that A to lex campus. Interviewed 9/10

• Love
Reactions: 3 users