2019-2020 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything about the Lexington campus?

I have not since the email last Friday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
At the interview, Dr. Jackson said something about accepted applicants holding a spot until "3 weeks prior to matriculation". Can someone explain that? I thought that the deadline was April 30th and therefore, they'd have spots open at the beginning of May??

THX :)
Accepted students can hold the spot in "plan to enroll" status on CYMS. This allows them to still hold WL spots at other schools (presumably their top choice would be said WL school). However, you must "commit to enroll" three weeks prior to matriculation and give up your spot on the waitlist at other schools. April 30 deadline is if you had more than one acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement or know if the class is still oversubscribed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement or know if the class is still oversubscribed?
Nothing on my end... I am just focusing on the next cycle now. But hopefully there will still be some good news for some of us! Good luck everyone, and keep the hope! If not this year for us, then next year! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone or know anybody hear anything from the WL?

Is little to no waitlist movement normal for this school?? I feel like June is usually the time most schools start getting some movement..

Is little to no waitlist movement normal for this school?? I feel like June is usually the time most schools start getting some movement..

I contacted the admissions office recently and was told that this cycle has been consistent with previous cycles regarding waitlist movement and that covid hasn’t caused any major issues. They said that the class would probably be close to being finalized in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else panicking? Lol. I saw that Louisville sent out some rejections to the waitlist. UK doesn't do that, do they?

Anyone else panicking? Lol. I saw that Louisville sent out some rejections to the waitlist. UK doesn't do that, do they?

Last year (2019 cycle) I was waitlisted from UK and never got a rejection letter or any notification unfortunately. I applied this year ED and got in though

• Sad
has anyone heard of any waitlist movement at the Lexington campus?

Any movement? I’m considering signing a lease somewhere else in the next couple of weeks. I’m on the BG waitlist and it doesn’t seem like anyone has been accepted since November.. );

Members don't see this ad :)
Any movement? I’m considering signing a lease somewhere else in the next couple of weeks. I’m on the BG waitlist and it doesn’t seem like anyone has been accepted since November.. );

I still haven't heard anything. At this point it doesn't look promising. :/

Reactions: 4 users
Same. I was trying to hold out as long as possible before signing a lease.

Anyone heard anything? I think their CTE date was yesterday...

Anyone heard anything? I think their CTE date was yesterday...

Nothing on my end. I wish they would send out rejection letters like Louisville so at least we would know for sure either way...

Nothing on my end. I wish they would send out rejection letters like Louisville so at least we would know for sure either way...
I know:( I’m only holding on for this week then I have got to find a house elsewhere.

Has anyone called to ask if they’re expecting any more movement?

Their orientation is in 10 days so I’m not expecting much movement. The students are most likely committed, but anything could happen!!

Interviewed at NKY 10/2, Accepted 10/19 via phone call
OOS (neighboring state to KY)
This is neurotic but do you remember what time they called you with your acceptance last year? Interviewed on 10/01 and patiently waiting for my hopeful acceptance phone call