2019-2020 Kentucky

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

At the interview, Dr. Jackson said something about accepted applicants holding a spot until "3 weeks prior to matriculation". Can someone explain that? I thought that the deadline was April 30th and therefore, they'd have spots open at the beginning of May??

THX 🙂
Accepted students can hold the spot in "plan to enroll" status on CYMS. This allows them to still hold WL spots at other schools (presumably their top choice would be said WL school). However, you must "commit to enroll" three weeks prior to matriculation and give up your spot on the waitlist at other schools. April 30 deadline is if you had more than one acceptance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is little to no waitlist movement normal for this school?? I feel like June is usually the time most schools start getting some movement..

I contacted the admissions office recently and was told that this cycle has been consistent with previous cycles regarding waitlist movement and that covid hasn’t caused any major issues. They said that the class would probably be close to being finalized in the next few weeks.
 
Any movement? I’m considering signing a lease somewhere else in the next couple of weeks. I’m on the BG waitlist and it doesn’t seem like anyone has been accepted since November.. );
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed at NKY 10/2, Accepted 10/19 via phone call
OOS (neighboring state to KY)
This is neurotic but do you remember what time they called you with your acceptance last year? Interviewed on 10/01 and patiently waiting for my hopeful acceptance phone call