2020-2021 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone have any tips for the interview process (like questions / format?)

Reactions: 1 user
anyone have any tips for the interview process (like questions / format?)

I replied about this several posts ago. But I would just recommend looking over the basics. Why UK, why medicine, etc. I had several ethics based questions during my second interview. Other than that, it was REALLY chill and nothing stressful. I would say just be authentic and yourself, and you should be fine. Also, you will have two interviews. My first interview was with one person. The second interview was with two people. It is open file minus GPA and MCAT, I believe. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: Yesterday afternoon I got an email with an II for the Lex campus on 12/17. I guess the vacancy turnover is decent right now, because there was at least one other who was in the same boat as me that got an II for 11/10.
Wait really??? So the "you met the criteria for an interview but there are no more interview spots" email isn't actually a polite R???

If there are any lurkers here who have been accepted to the NKY campus, DM me! We have started a groupme to get to know other accepted students since the Facebook page won’t be up until later in the cycle!

Is there a BG groupme yet?? We need to be on that train! I was just thinking about it last night.

Last edited:
An earlier post on here mentioned that the class was full on the 4th (with the exception of some vacancy turnover). Was that full for interviews or that the class itself filled? And does anyone have updates on if the class has filled?

An earlier post on here mentioned that the class was full on the 4th (with the exception of some vacancy turnover). Was that full for interviews or that the class itself filled? And does anyone have updates on if the class has filled?
I think that was for interview slots. I interviewed last week (11/10) and they said they thought the class would likely fill following deliberations of our interview group

I think that was for interview slots. I interviewed last week (11/10) and they said they thought the class would likely fill following deliberations of our interview group
Gotcha- thanks and good luck!

Oh wow. So is a January interview likely to be too late then?

A this evening to the NKU campus. Very thankful for all of the help on this thread :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at NKY yesterday, interviewed 11/5

Is there a groupme for Lexington campus? I was scrolling around looking but I couldn't find anything, I may have missed it. I was accepted 9/10.

Is there a groupme for Lexington campus? I was scrolling around looking but I couldn't find anything, I may have missed it. I was accepted 9/10.

I haven’t seen any in the thread but am probably going to start one up just so we can get to know one another better, discuss housing, campus life, etc. If you’re interested in joining feel free to DM me here and I can add you!

Reactions: 4 users
Bowling Green campus GroupMe has been created. Message if you want to be added

So I never heard back after submitting my secondary though the complete email said I'd hear back after 2 weeks (Lexington and BG as top choices)....is it worth emailing them or just accept this as a R?

So I never heard back after submitting my secondary though the complete email said I'd hear back after 2 weeks (Lexington and BG as top choices)....is it worth emailing them or just accept this as a R?
I'd say its safe to say that the "2 week" thing is hopeful thinking on their part. I didn't hear back for about 7 weeks from the lex campus, so patience is probably the best course of action for the moment.

I'd say its safe to say that the "2 week" thing is hopeful thinking on their part. I didn't hear back for about 7 weeks from the lex campus, so patience is probably the best course of action for the moment.
Can I ask when you were complete? And were you offered an interview?

Just received an email saying this year's class is full. Pretty bummed bc I have an interview in February :(

Just received an email saying this year's class is full. Pretty bummed bc I have an interview in February :(
+2. Have an interview in less than a week so that kinda hurt lol. I'm already on 3 other waitlist so this cycle has sucked:/

+2. Have an interview in less than a week so that kinda hurt lol. I'm already on 3 other waitlist so this cycle has sucked:/
+3. Super bummed because UK is literally my dream. My interview is in February. So frustrated because I was invited for the interview months ago and they were scheduling so far out. :(

+3. Super bummed because UK is literally my dream. My interview is in February. So frustrated because I was invited for the interview months ago and they were scheduling so far out. :(
+4, morale is low

Anyone have an email for admissions? I can't find one on MSAR or their website...which I am sure is intentional.

Can anyone explain what the interview day is like? How long are the interviews? is there an information session at the start?

Can anyone explain what the interview day is like? How long are the interviews? is there an information session at the start?
Presentation, interviews, tour, then Q&A. There are 2 1 on 1 interviews. I think the whole day for me was 8-1

Has anyone submitted a letter of intent to this school? I am currently waitlisted for the BG campus. Trying to gauge whether now is a good time to submit one. Thanks!

Anyone else freaking out about being an out of state student and a low income student? I got into UK and this is my first choice but I am terrified I can’t afford it. I’m the only person working in my family (dad is on lifetime cancer therapy). I’ve never taken out student loans and I’m from an immigrant family so my parents don’t speak good English/ don’t really understand the financial system here. I really feel on my own with this. Would someone be able to help me navigate through this?

Anyone else freaking out about being an out of state student and a low income student? I got into UK and this is my first choice but I am terrified I can’t afford it. I’m the only person working in my family (dad is on lifetime cancer therapy). I’ve never taken out student loans and I’m from an immigrant family so my parents don’t speak good English/ don’t really understand the financial system here. I really feel on my own with this. Would someone be able to help me navigate through this?
OOS. Feel free to message me if you want to talk finances.

Reactions: 2 users
Navigating student loans sucks, and accumulating loans sucks, and paying off loans sucks. Take comfort in knowing you’ll probably be better off than most of your classmates upon graduation if you only have debt from med school. I have undergrad and grad debt on top of my future med debt. Just get the lowest interest rate you can, and refinance ASAP if the rates ever drop.

Thank you both for this. Idk why I woke up this morning just totally panicked about this. Its a scary feeling to have when you are excited to get started but are already facing financial burdens that life throws at you (like cancer expenses). Good luck to both of you :)

Lexington campus, do we have a facebook group yet???

Not yet! I was asking the same thing... Would this be an annoying question to ask the admissions office? :p

The NKY campus said they will be making a Facebook page in January so I would assume the other campuses are probably making them at the same time

Did everyone else that’s been accepted get an email today saying they need to verify your address before they send you a “package”?

Did everyone else that’s been accepted get an email today saying they need to verify your address before they send you a “package”?

I got one...! Low key freaking out because I know the admissions committee met today to discuss scholarships!!

• Wow
I got one...! Low key freaking out because I know the admissions committee met today to discuss scholarships!!

Same that’s why I asked they got my nerves SHOT to hell rn I went on break at work and this is what I get