2019-2020 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anxiously waiting to hear something. Nothing yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is today another round of acceptance calls? Has anyone heard anything yet?
I don't expect anyone to hear this week or next based on the fact that they've said things may be pushed back due to the lockdown. I think there's a higher chance we may start hearing of As rolling out the last 2 weeks of April to early May.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't expect anyone to hear this week or next based on the fact that they've said things may be pushed back due to the lockdown. I think there's a higher chance we may start hearing of As rolling out the last 2 weeks of April to early May.
Thank you for you input. I thought that they would have filled the class by May!

Still no R or II, complete in August. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Heard from a friend some people who interviewed on 3/8 have already heard back... idk what this means if you haven’t heard back. (They were waitlisted)

Anyone who interviewed late Feb hear anything back yet?

Does anyone have the courage to call them to ask if they even have seats available at this point? lol

I mean I just had my interview so I'm pretty sure that means they have seats available haha
You think they'd be doing interviews to fill their waitlist? I've heard of other schools doing that but I'm not sure if LLU does that too

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I’ve heard, they are running quite behind with everything going on with COVID-19 but they were planning to meet this week (tomorrow).

Thanks for making me log into the portal to reject me, Loma Linda :angelic: It's lucky that I at least remembered my password so I didn't have to reset it for the rejection.

Not that I expected any other news at this point in the cycle but damn, just send it in an email like everyone else.

Thanks for making me log into the portal to reject me, Loma Linda :angelic: It's lucky that I at least remembered my password so I didn't have to reset it for the rejection.

Not that I expected any other news at this point in the cycle but damn, just send it in an email like everyone else.
Did you receive a notification to check the portal?

Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

+1. It's been so long, I kind of forgot I even applied here for a second lol

• Haha
Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?
Oh sorry, I totally should have specified in my post, this is a pre-II R, the only thing I've heard from them this entire year haha. Sorry if I got your hopes up about news coming out!

haven't heard anything - interviewed end of February...

Is it frowned upon from the admissions committee perspective to call them about your application at this point? My interview was in October and I haven't heard a word..I'm sure they haven't forgotten to send an A or R because my status is still "Submitted". I'm just getting angsty I guess cause it's been so long..or should I just wait it out due to delays with the virus?

Is it frowned upon from the admissions committee perspective to call them about your application at this point? My interview was in October and I haven't heard a word..I'm sure they haven't forgotten to send an A or R because my status is still "Submitted". I'm just getting angsty I guess cause it's been so long..or should I just wait it out due to delays with the virus?
I think to ask them if your app is still being processed is normal, I don't think it's frowned upon to just ask for an update. I totally get your frustration but it might help to view the LLU app process differently from other schools. I highly doubt LLU does their admission rolling so whether you get interviewed early or late doesn't impact your chance at an acceptance that much compared to maybe other schools where the earlier you apply the more seats you have available to you. With LLUs method, I feel that they compare you with all their applicants unless they are truly convinced they should give you a seat, in where they give you an A the few weeks after your II. This is all my speculation having seen a few cycles of LLUs processing. If it makes you feel better, I have heard of people getting As up until June/July and I personally know someone a few cycles back who got in as late as May.

I think to ask them if your app is still being processed is normal, I don't think it's frowned upon to just ask for an update. I totally get your frustration but it might help to view the LLU app process differently from other schools. I highly doubt LLU does their admission rolling so whether you get interviewed early or late doesn't impact your chance at an acceptance that much compared to maybe other schools where the earlier you apply the more seats you have available to you. With LLUs method, I feel that they compare you with all their applicants unless they are truly convinced they should give you a seat, in where they give you an A the few weeks after your II. This is all my speculation having seen a few cycles of LLUs processing. If it makes you feel better, I have heard of people getting As up until June/July and I personally know someone a few cycles back who got in as late as May.
I think they total the score for your application including interview. They pick students according to the total score. I called today and the lady on the phone said they will let everyone know their application status by 4/30. I had interview 2/6 and haven't heard any thing. I asked if I will be rejected. She said they just haven't gotten to my application for final status. That tells me my total score is not high enough...

Last edited:
I think they total the score for your application including interview. They pick students according to the total score. I called today and the lady on the phone said they will let everyone know their application status by 4/30. I had interview 2/6 and haven't heard any thing. I asked if I will be rejected. She said they just haven't gotten to my application for final status. That tells me my total score is not high enough...

I have heard that they plan to let everyone know by the end of the month.

Thanks everyone for your responses!! That puts me at ease. My scores were below average so that probably impacted me getting in earlier, but still, it's been sooo long lol you'd think they'd know by now. Hope to hear something in the next few weeks!

Hey y'all so I got a fat R from this school a few months ago pre-II. I'm looking at reapplying right now and wondering if I should apply again. I'm non-SDA christian and thought it was perfect as far as mission fit and stats go (LizzyM 70), thing is I have an underage alcohol related IA and I'm thinking that's why I got a quick R. Any students or admitted premed here know if that sort of thing prevents people from being considered? I'm not tryna waste my money again

• Sad
Hey y'all so I got a fat R from this school a few months ago pre-II. I'm looking at reapplying right now and wondering if I should apply again. I'm non-SDA christian and thought it was perfect as far as mission fit and stats go (LizzyM 70), thing is I have an underage alcohol related IA and I'm thinking that's why I got a quick R. Any students or admitted premed here know if that sort of thing prevents people from being considered? I'm not tryna waste my money again
You should call/email on how you can improve your application. I think they're truly holistic in their review process (I had a pretty low MCAT and I somehow got in) and if your IA affected your chance maybe you could write on how you learned from it when/if you apply again. I was an open book with them on my application. I think they're looking for honesty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You should call/email on how you can improve your application. I think they're truly holistic in their review process (I had a pretty low MCAT and I somehow got in) and if your IA affected your chance maybe you could write on how you learned from it when/if you apply again. I was an open book with them on my application. I think they're looking for honesty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's a great idea Ill call them

I know this is probably a silly question to even ask, but I really like this program.... there's no chance they would send out anymore II's, right? And when people suggest that everyone will hear their status by 4/30, that includes all the pre-II apps likely as well, right?

I got an email from them and I didn't even apply there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Yeah, the one about contacting the programs if we had any questions or concerns?
Yup, at first I thought it was a R email but I guess they're just letting us know this may take awhile.

Yup, at first I thought it was a R email but I guess they're just letting us know this may take awhile.
I received the same "we're here for you by email" email.
I also received a financial aid award notification this week, but no offer yet. So, that's awkward, lol.
California was the first state to shut down, and someone in the office relayed to me that it definitely slowed things down. I'm sure we'll hear from them within the next week.

I know this is probably a silly question to even ask, but I really like this program.... there's no chance they would send out anymore II's, right? And when people suggest that everyone will hear their status by 4/30, that includes all the pre-II apps likely as well, right?
Before the statewide shut down I know their deadline for sending out IIs was 4/11. The shut down has slowed things down but I'm not sure if the 4/11 deadline was affected. I'd call/email them to make sure if IIs were still being sent out.

A this morning around 11 AM! Interviewed 2/25 Non SDA stats lower than average

Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for next years class?

Got rejected earlier today, post interview. Still trying to get over the disappointment lol. Didnt get offer for biomed but I would have willingly accepted if it was offered, anyone know of anyone that asked to be in the program? According to their website you have to be offered it. Anyone think it's a good idea to call them and ask?