2019-2020 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an interview invite yesterday! In state and catholic!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good program. Dr. Conrad Murray did his residency training at LLUMC.

Anyone know what the post II acceptance rate generally is? Received a II yesterday!

Reactions: 1 user
If you’re going by MSAR then it’s higher than that. MSAR only gives matriculants. They don’t give number of acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
Are acceptances for February expected this week?

Still waiting for an II :(
Any hope at this point? IS, median MCAT, Christian but not SDA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
II yesterday :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II Tuesday 3.85 507 IE Christian but not SDA

Does anyone know when they stop interviewing?

Accepted through email Friday night (2/14)! Lower GPA, slightly higher MCAT SDA. Did a summer research program at LLU a couple years ago. Hang in there guys!

(Edited to remove exact info)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
pre-II R, OOS. Not gonna lie, that lowkey hurt. Have lots of family ties to the area and throughout the IE. :(

Anyone else currently in "not rejected, but not invited for interview" limbo here? LL seems pretty diligent about sending out R's, so wondering what it means to still be in the running at this point. I know it's approaching end of interview season, but from my understanding they interview till mid-late March?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else currently in "not rejected, but not invited for interview" limbo here? LL seems pretty diligent about sending out R's, so wondering what it means to still be in the running at this point. I know it's approaching end of interview season, but from my understanding they interview till mid-late March?

+1 wondering

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

+2

What should I expect during interview day? Anything helps :) Thanks!

What should I expect during interview day? Anything helps :) Thanks!
First congrats on getting an interview! I would say this has been a very standard interview day. I did not have a tour (idk why it panned out that way, maybe because I live nearby and could schedule one any time I like) and was the only one on my interview day. It’s two interviews in some combination of people ranging from faculty to residents, attendings, etc. and really that’s about it at least from my experience. I know some got to tour some of the labs on campus but other than that I was told after my two interviews I could leave. Just be likable (but not fake), know your app, be prepared to talk about it both positively and negatively, and really about how you would fit in at LLU. Best of luck!

• Love
all of us waiting to hear back from LLUSM

Attachments

• 3pud5h.jpg
    3pud5h.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 84
  • Haha
Had an interview on October 29th and radio silence ever since... Did my application get lost? XD

Congratulations!! Did they call you too or just email?
I’m sure they still call but I’m out of the country until April so I got the email about an update in the portal and found the acceptance letter there.

Has Loma Linda sent out any post interview Rs or are they just gonna shaft everybody at the same time lol

Has Loma Linda sent out any post interview Rs or are they just gonna shaft everybody at the same time lol

They have definitely sent R's, I personally know someone who got a pre II R about a week ago...so if you're still in the running theres still hope! Just not a lot :O

They have definitely sent R's, I personally know someone who got a pre II R about a week ago...so if you're still in the running theres still hope! Just not a lot :O
Well I know they’ve rejected pre II, so if you weren’t immediately accepted after your interview is it sort of like you’re waitlisted since they haven’t sent out any post II Rs?

Oh crap. I didn’t think about that. I was pretty much expecting the waitlist since I’ve heard nothing since my interview last year. But now that you mention it, it does seem like all the R’s have been pre-II... I’m so nervous.

Complete in August, still no R. Is it still possible to get an II?

How did it take for y’all to hear back if you got an A post interview? I just had mine on tuesday

How did it take for y’all to hear back if you got an A post interview? I just had mine on tuesday
To give an answer on the opposite end, I was accepted two months after my interview. Not saying yours could take this long, but I don't think they have set a definite pattern for how long it takes to get back to people.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I haven’t heard anything yet-I interviewed last week of February