2019-2020 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but when M1 students start after orientation on July 30, is that considered fall or summer term? It wasn't super clear to me based on the online academic calendars and whatnot.

That is the summer term. :) Our curriculum is different and weird this year so we don’t fit perfectly into their system.
IMG_2125.JPG

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Haven’t heard a thing - they told me though that their alternate list is still active.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I knew people who got in at the very end of July, so don’t lose hope! Also, I heard they’ve decided to have everything face to face starting summer quarter now if all goes well. ‍♀️ Loma changes their minds all the time though so don’t take anything for certain until it’s happening.

Did anyone who was accepted here identify as a Christian (non-SDA) but selected No for the secondary question asking about currently attending religious services? I am interested in applying for this next cycle but wasn't sure if not attending religious services right now would disqualify me...

Anyone heard about waitlist movement? It’s killing me not knowing what’s going on

Anyone heard about waitlist movement? It’s killing me not knowing what’s going on
I know of one person getting off the WL a week before orientation. However given that we've gone through orientation and our first week of classes (even though most of them were syllabus overviews) I wouldn't hold out for too much. I hope you've been working on your next cycle during this time as I know that's what some WLed applicants have been doing. From my experience on the WL last year LLU doesn't give you your official rejection until a week or two into the MS1 year. So technically there it is still a possibility that you get off the list.

Reactions: 1 user
I know of one person getting off the WL a week before orientation. However given that we've gone through orientation and our first week of classes (even though most of them were syllabus overviews) I wouldn't hold out for too much. I hope you've been working on your next cycle during this time as I know that's what some WLed applicants have been doing. From my experience on the WL last year LLU doesn't give you your official rejection until a week or two into the MS1 year. So technically there it is still a possibility that you get off the list.
Yeah I’ve already reapplied, got it in super early, hoping they like my app even more this cycle so that waitlist isn’t a problem ☹