2019-2020 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Easy now. I like trying to save all of my anxiety for one day
Too much for one day. Spread ur anxiety out.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
IS, pre-II R just now. Complete 7/31.

• Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Fair to assume no more II going out?

Friday is here!

Reactions: 1 users
We love Friday’s here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a big fat R from another school, hopefully we have some movement here today

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL! (OOS)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone think that as they make decisions they have this thread pulled up lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
WL (IS). A little bit bummed about this. Staying on the WL for now, but it feels like maybe the universe wants me to end up somewhere else.

• Sad
  • Wow
WL (IS). A little bit bummed about this. Staying on the WL for now, but it feels like maybe the universe wants me to end up somewhere else.
Sorry friend . And I hate to be that guy but when did you interview? Just trying to see if I’m next on the chopping block

interviewed in September and nothing, the wait is just killing me and I feel like I am gonna get rejected

Damn, that's a hell of a wait.

At this rate, as a January interviewer, I expect my decision to come in April of next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Still waiting in here. I have a feeling I will be getting the R soon.

September Purch interviewee here waiting in silence. Any in-staters holding A's at other "more prestigious" schools that somehow still have UMass has their top choice, even after the Step 1 announcement?

Another friday is slipping by

This wait is agonizing. What does everyone think of this? Are they going to send more WLs?

This wait is agonizing. What does everyone think of this? Are they going to send more WLs?
November interviewer here. I called today and they said what they could tell me is that their class is not full yet and that the waitlist invitations would not be extended until the entire class was filled. So I guess I dont know what to make of people getting notifications of being WL’d

• Hmm
November interviewer here. I called today and they said what they could tell me is that their class is not full yet and that the waitlist invitations would not be extended until the entire class was filled. So I guess I dont know what to make of people getting notifications of being WL’d
That’s interesting their class size is small though right, I feel like other schools have already accepted more people than their class size and umass is not even full yet... hope!

That’s interesting their class size is small though right, I feel like other schools have already accepted more people than their class size and umass is not even full yet... hope!
I believe theyre around 150 if im not mistaken with around 60-70% being IS

Last edited:
This school have massive WL movement tho...right? They literally said that at the interview...more than half of the WL gets in. Has anybody confirmed a post-interview R here? Even after a UC email?
I just WL'd at the DO school I had high hopes for so I'm feeling a little burned rn...my little heart can't take it...

Last edited:
  • Sad
Im just passing along what I was told by the person in admissions when I called yesterday
Maybe WL means they dont wanna accept u just yet.
Edit: not trying to sound sassy but I always thought WL is also for before class class is full but they dont necessarily wanna accept just yet

Last edited:
Im just passing along what I was told by the person in admissions when I called yesterday
Sorry if I sounded condescending in anyway. Wasn't my intention whatsoever. I'm just super nervous and this process is really taking its toll on me. I might have to abandon this forum until a decision is made. Thank you for the information. I really hope all of us hear back soon and with good news.

No problem! Just wanted to reiterate where I got the info from! As for the fb group, are those accepted students or students who are planning to attend?

Sorry if I sounded condescending in anyway. Wasn't my intention whatsoever. I'm just super nervous and this process is really taking its toll on me. I might have to abandon this forum until a decision is made. Thank you for the information. I really hope all of us hear back soon and with good news.
I just came off the NYITCOM thread were it looks like all Jan interviewers were damned to the WL at best super nervous that that is the case here.
Remember guys, we are so much more than stats. UMASS interviews around 45 percent of IS applicants, and MA being such an educational high achieving state they had plenty of 3.8+ 515+ to choose from but they chose us.I mean, other schools send you an " interview invite" but UMASS "wants to know you in person"'and has an involved MMI bc they wanna know YOU.

Man my interview here was delayed almost two months because of weather I'd be really upset if that was the major reason I dont get in :(

No problem! Just wanted to reiterate where I got the info from! As for the fb group, are those accepted students or students who are planning to attend?
It said those who are accepted. 203 people, 11 of those being current student moderators.

It said those who are accepted. 203 people, 11 of those being current student moderators.
It looks like they interview 480 in-state, and for a class of 150, they must accept around 300 ish, right? Not to sound stupid, but I remember reading that you accept like double the size of the class bc people will defer.

It looks like they interview 480 in-state, and for a class of 150, they must accept around 300 ish, right? Not to sound stupid, but I remember reading that you accept like double the size of the class bc people will defer.
There are a few spreadsheets with interview and acceptance statistics floating around, including in this thread. They put UMass's post-II acceptance rate for in-staters at around 40% (plus or minus, varying per year), which comes out to about 170-200 IS accepted. I would say the "double class size" rule of thumb goes out the window for many public schools, as their yield for their own residents might be higher than normal.

Last edited: