2019-2020 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It does- but based on this thread it seems like it's much more common to get an A or WL after the UC email.( Kinda like the flip side- we say that most interviews for MD schools come before the new year- some come after, but most come before, ya know?)
If you look at previous threads you will see plenty of Rs for both IS and OOS late April, so I assume they keep most post-II R in silence. Just passing the 2 week mark, (I extrapolate based on many evidence) is not sufficient to prevent one from getting a rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you look at previous threads you will see plenty of Rs for both IS and OOS late April, so I assume they keep most post-II R in silence. Just passing the 2 week mark, (I extrapolate based on many evidence) is not sufficient to prevent one from getting a rejection.
Damn.

Guys I just have a missed call from a central mass number (I'm IS so not THAT unusual) but didnt answer because I was preoccupied. No voicemail or anything and nothing is showing up on Google for the number so it's probably nothing.......but what if :dead:

Members don't see this ad :)
An end to another Friday....silence homies see you same time next week :censored:

• Sad
Just emailed about my application status lmao, August interview/active consideration october/silence since
Oh man, keep us updated! In a similar boat but interviewed september :(

• Sad
Honestly, I interviewed in Jan and the silence makes me think I'm looking at an R.

Just emailed about my application status lmao, August interview/active consideration october/silence since
if you don’t mind, can you let us know what they say? Been waiting since interview in Nov (PURCH applicant!) :oops:

if you don’t mind, can you let us know what they say? Been waiting since interview in Nov (PURCH applicant!) :oops:

They responded basically saying I’m still under review and will get a decision before April 30th

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Has anybody who interviewes at end of Jan heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
This year??Wow. Guess MoMo_FaFa and I are the only Jan interviews waiting on news...
I and other people on this thread haven’t heard yet, sdn is also a small portion of applicants. Some people get the A after two weeks and some get an R but based on months prior in this thread and last year, most people get active consideration after 2 weeks and hear later in the cycle

Well...

there goes second look. It’s cancelled

I and other people on this thread haven’t heard yet, sdn is also a small portion of applicants. Some people get the A after two weeks and some get an R but based on months prior in this thread and last year, most people get active consideration after 2 weeks and hear later in the cycle
Yeah I'm waiting as well from end of Jan. It feels doomed at this point things are going to be even slower now with Covid19 the committee is not going to want to meet probably haha

I interviewed Jan 10 and still have not heard. AC ~2 weeks after. Really trying to not loose hope (and my mind)

I interviewed Jan 10 and still have not heard. AC ~2 weeks after. Really trying to not loose hope (and my mind)
I interviewed in October, and there are some that interviewed in September/August. You are no more doomed than the rest of us. Let’s save our stress for Friday’s haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
got the WL today. interviewed mid jan. I know it isnt an R, but i’m still really sad about it

I have just been waitlisted as well. Hoping for the best from here.

got the WL today. interviewed mid jan. I know it isnt an R, but i’m still really sad about it
I have just been waitlisted as well. Hoping for the best from here.
Honestly, WL at this school is closer to an A than an R based on yields...
I went end of Jan and still don't have anything. It's looking like an R for me....

I went end of Jan and still don't have anything. It's looking like an R for me....
I was mid jan so a WL/ A could still be coming!

Based on my limited research I can extrapolate the following:

1) Much more WL's are gonna come out

2) WL is not closer to an acceptance than to a rejection. I would love for it to be the case but unfortunately not that way based on what I have researched.

If you don't get WL from now on is it just a R much later on? Is there still possibility to get an A at this point?

Based on my limited research I can extrapolate the following:

1) Much more WL's are gonna come out

2) WL is not closer to an acceptance than to a rejection. I would love for it to be the case but unfortunately not that way based on what I have researched.
Dude MSAR itself says last cycle the WL had a 75/100 yield...

Dude MSAR itself says last cycle the WL had a 75/100 yield...
That data from MSAR is apparently outdated, or at least doesn't resemble the previous cycle or the one before it. Look at previous threads it was mentioned. Not possible for that data to be from last cycle.

Also, is there a source from where MSAR gets data from?

Waitlist movement really depends on how many students accept UMass's offer, and how many spots in general open up.

That data from MSAR is apparently outdated, or at least doesn't resemble the previous cycle or the one before it. Look at previous threads it was mentioned. Not possible for that data to be from last cycle.

Also, is there a source from where MSAR gets data from?

Waitlist movement really depends on how many students accept UMass's offer, and how many spots in general open up.
Why would you say MSAR data from last cycle is outdated? MSAR is way more accurate than SDN...SDN is not the whole app pool, remember.
I’m currently holding an acceptance here, and I would be very happy to attend this school if that’s how my cycle rounds out. However, I am out of state (so instate tuition isn’t a positive deciding factor for me), and I’m currently on the waitlist at 4 schools - 3 of which I would choose over UMass. I’m sure there are other students in my position, so it really depends on WL movement at other schools which will catalyze WL movement here. Wishing us all the best of luck in this ever changing, absolutely chaotic (thanks coronavirus) cycle!
Well my pt is even the yield isn't 75/100 it could be 60/100 and ofc some ppl who get the A here will choose to go here but the WL is for ppl who get into UMASS and then pick and go to Harvard or something..

Wonder if COVID-19 is slowing down decisions...

Seriously, has anyone heard anything? When I interviewed in November, they said they do the majority do their decisions in March/into April, but it feels like there’s been nothing.

I’m just feeling really exhausted and down, this is my favorite school and the lack of transparency, especially now with everything being shut down, is frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
just got waitlisted. feel nothing bc it means i'm p much still in limbo

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I emailed them today because its been like 7-8 weeks. Not as bad as most people here but it's almost April I need/want to know if I have to consider other options. Hopefully we all hear back soon.

Adding in another data point here: also just WL, interviewed end of Oct

It seems like there are a lot of WL, are we sure there are only 100?
(Congrats to all on there though I hope for the best for all of us, this is just a curiosity)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like there are a lot of WL, are we sure there are only 100?
(Congrats to all on there though I hope for the best for all of us, this is just a curiosity)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDN users are more likely to be the type of competitive applicant who would get a WL/A than an R post interview

I think I remember hearing that in the past, PURCH decisions have come out a little later than the rest of the school— does anyone know if that’s the case?

I think I remember hearing that in the past, PURCH decisions have come out a little later than the rest of the school— does anyone know if that’s the case?

They told us on interview day that over half of PURCH admissions offers are done in March/April so I think it is likely they have more As to give.

They told us on interview day that over half of PURCH admissions offers are done in March/April so I think it is likely they have more As to give.
I think I remembered them saying that but with all the worry and doubt, it just gets confusing. I hope you hear back soon too if you haven’t yet! When did you interview?

I think I remembered them saying that but with all the worry and doubt, it just gets confusing. I hope you hear back soon too if you haven’t yet! When did you interview?
idk if this helps but I interviewed for PURCH in November and haven’t heard back yet either! and for whatever it’s worth I’ve had a pretty good cycle otherwise (which definitely doesn’t mean I’ll get in here, but just for reference/to try to ease some nerves— seems like they’re just kind of slow!)