-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Massachusetts
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone know if UMass offers merit aid?
don't think they do., i've tried doing some research and asking current students earlier and i couldn't turn up any evidence of purely merit scholarshipsDoes anyone know if UMass offers merit aid?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pizzagirl29
New Member
if you don’t mind, can you let us know what they say? Been waiting since interview in Nov (PURCH applicant!) 😳Just emailed about my application status lmao, August interview/active consideration october/silence since
if you don’t mind, can you let us know what they say? Been waiting since interview in Nov (PURCH applicant!) 😳
They responded basically saying I’m still under review and will get a decision before April 30th [emoji28]
thank you!!They responded basically saying I’m still under review and will get a decision before April 30th [emoji28]
Has anybody who interviewes at end of Jan heard back yet?
I interviewed the 24th of jan and got in exactly two weeks later.Has anybody who interviewes at end of Jan heard back yet?
This year??Wow. Guess MoMo_FaFa and I are the only Jan interviews waiting on news...I interviewed the 24th of jan and got in exactly two weeks later.
I and other people on this thread haven’t heard yet, sdn is also a small portion of applicants. Some people get the A after two weeks and some get an R but based on months prior in this thread and last year, most people get active consideration after 2 weeks and hear later in the cycleThis year??Wow. Guess MoMo_FaFa and I are the only Jan interviews waiting on news...
Yeah I'm waiting as well from end of Jan. It feels doomed at this point things are going to be even slower now with Covid19 the committee is not going to want to meet probably hahaI and other people on this thread haven’t heard yet, sdn is also a small portion of applicants. Some people get the A after two weeks and some get an R but based on months prior in this thread and last year, most people get active consideration after 2 weeks and hear later in the cycle
I interviewed in October, and there are some that interviewed in September/August. You are no more doomed than the rest of us. Let’s save our stress for Friday’s hahaI interviewed Jan 10 and still have not heard. AC ~2 weeks after. Really trying to not loose hope (and my mind)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1got the WL today. interviewed mid jan. I know it isnt an R, but i’m still really sad about it
Silly question but you guys got emails right? You didnt randomly check the portal or something?got the WL today. interviewed mid jan. I know it isnt an R, but i’m still really sad about it
Were any of you guys PURCHY people?
Silly question but you guys got emails right? You didnt randomly check the portal or something?
Yup email at 12:42pm EST. Not a PURCH applicant if that helps!
got the WL today. interviewed mid jan. I know it isnt an R, but i’m still really sad about it
Honestly, WL at this school is closer to an A than an R based on yields...I have just been waitlisted as well. Hoping for the best from here.
I went end of Jan and still don't have anything. It's looking like an R for me....
I was mid jan so a WL/ A could still be coming!Honestly, WL at this school is closer to an A than an R based on yields...
I went end of Jan and still don't have anything. It's looking like an R for me....
Based on my limited research I can extrapolate the following:Honestly, WL at this school is closer to an A than an R based on yields...
I went end of Jan and still don't have anything. It's looking like an R for me....
1) Much more WL's are gonna come out
2) WL is not closer to an acceptance than to a rejection. I would love for it to be the case but unfortunately not that way based on what I have researched.
Dude MSAR itself says last cycle the WL had a 75/100 yield...Based on my limited research I can extrapolate the following:
1) Much more WL's are gonna come out
2) WL is not closer to an acceptance than to a rejection. I would love for it to be the case but unfortunately not that way based on what I have researched.
That data from MSAR is apparently outdated, or at least doesn't resemble the previous cycle or the one before it. Look at previous threads it was mentioned. Not possible for that data to be from last cycle.Dude MSAR itself says last cycle the WL had a 75/100 yield...
Also, is there a source from where MSAR gets data from?
Waitlist movement really depends on how many students accept UMass's offer, and how many spots in general open up.
Why would you say MSAR data from last cycle is outdated? MSAR is way more accurate than SDN...SDN is not the whole app pool, remember.That data from MSAR is apparently outdated, or at least doesn't resemble the previous cycle or the one before it. Look at previous threads it was mentioned. Not possible for that data to be from last cycle.
Also, is there a source from where MSAR gets data from?
Waitlist movement really depends on how many students accept UMass's offer, and how many spots in general open up.
Well my pt is even the yield isn't 75/100 it could be 60/100 and ofc some ppl who get the A here will choose to go here but the WL is for ppl who get into UMASS and then pick and go to Harvard or something..I’m currently holding an acceptance here, and I would be very happy to attend this school if that’s how my cycle rounds out. However, I am out of state (so instate tuition isn’t a positive deciding factor for me), and I’m currently on the waitlist at 4 schools - 3 of which I would choose over UMass. I’m sure there are other students in my position, so it really depends on WL movement at other schools which will catalyze WL movement here. Wishing us all the best of luck in this ever changing, absolutely chaotic (thanks coronavirus) cycle!
Wonder if COVID-19 is slowing down decisions...
Anyone have any news???
Seriously, has anyone heard anything? When I interviewed in November, they said they do the majority do their decisions in March/into April, but it feels like there’s been nothing.
I’m just feeling really exhausted and down, this is my favorite school and the lack of transparency, especially now with everything being shut down, is frustrating.
I’m just feeling really exhausted and down, this is my favorite school and the lack of transparency, especially now with everything being shut down, is frustrating.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got waitlisted. feel nothing bc it means i'm p much still in limbo
I emailed them today because its been like 7-8 weeks. Not as bad as most people here but it's almost April I need/want to know if I have to consider other options. Hopefully we all hear back soon.
When did you interview?( just wanna know if Im nect)just got waitlisted. feel nothing bc it means i'm p much still in limbo
Early Jan, but i don't think when you interviewed matters any more since there seems to be no pattern to who is hearing back.When did you interview?
Adding in another data point here: also just WL, interviewed end of Oct
It seems like there are a lot of WL, are we sure there are only 100?
(Congrats to all on there though I hope for the best for all of us, this is just a curiosity)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Congrats to all on there though I hope for the best for all of us, this is just a curiosity)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDN users are more likely to be the type of competitive applicant who would get a WL/A than an R post interviewIt seems like there are a lot of WL, are we sure there are only 100?
(Congrats to all on there though I hope for the best for all of us, this is just a curiosity)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDN users are more likely to be the type of competitive applicant who would get a WL/A than an R post interview
true true
Honestly as April is rapidly approaching Im really thinking Im looking at an R at this point...any 1/24ers heard back yet?true true
quantumentanglement
Full Member
Interviewed early January, waitlisted today
Interviewed September. Waitlisted today
I think I remember hearing that in the past, PURCH decisions have come out a little later than the rest of the school— does anyone know if that’s the case?
They told us on interview day that over half of PURCH admissions offers are done in March/April so I think it is likely they have more As to give.
I think I remembered them saying that but with all the worry and doubt, it just gets confusing. I hope you hear back soon too if you haven’t yet! When did you interview?They told us on interview day that over half of PURCH admissions offers are done in March/April so I think it is likely they have more As to give.
Medapplicant19
Full Member
idk if this helps but I interviewed for PURCH in November and haven’t heard back yet either! and for whatever it’s worth I’ve had a pretty good cycle otherwise (which definitely doesn’t mean I’ll get in here, but just for reference/to try to ease some nerves— seems like they’re just kind of slow!)I think I remembered them saying that but with all the worry and doubt, it just gets confusing. I hope you hear back soon too if you haven’t yet! When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It does help, I hope you get good news from them soon! Did you by chance interview 11/18 and 11/19? That’s when I interviewed and met a lot of awesome folks 🙂idk if this helps but I interviewed for PURCH in November and haven’t heard back yet either! and for whatever it’s worth I’ve had a pretty good cycle otherwise (which definitely doesn’t mean I’ll get in here, but just for reference/to try to ease some nerves— seems like they’re just kind of slow!)
I interviewed in September and was waitlisted for PURCH on Friday for what's it worth. But I had a friend interview in November and get accepted in January. I think it's all random at this pointIt does help, I hope you get good news from them soon! Did you by chance interview 11/18 and 11/19? That’s when I interviewed and met a lot of awesome folks 🙂
Axes just now. Interviewed 1/24. In state. Crushed rn, that means I have just one lifeline ( NYITCOM) to hang on to ( I WL'd there).
Same here. Feel free to PM me if you want to vent. Between the quarantining and this cycle the mental toll is really ramping up.Axes just now. Interviewed 1/24. In state. Crushed rn, that means I have just one lifeline ( NYITCOM) to hang on to ( I WL'd there).
D
deleted997576
R for PURCH as well, not completely unexpected. Ah well, maybe I'll return for that cool Baystate Med-Peds residency