2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got in off the waitlist today!! OOS, waitlisted 4/4 interviewed in October:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m right there with you guys, just gotta sit tight and keep hoping for the best

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Still hope for today I feel like a decent amount of movement emails have been said to come at 5 pm but yeah feeling this way too ^ for the second year in a row think just sending significant updates and hanging tight is the only thing we can do unfortunately

Last edited:
  • Care
Still hope for today I feel like a decent amount of movement emails have been said to come at 5 pm but yeah feeling this way too ^ for the second year in a row think just sending significant updates and hanging tight is the only thing we can do unfortunately
5:12 pm no update :( I have a commit to enroll deadline of this Sunday at a different med school so looks like I’ll be withdrawing from this waitlist over the l weekend - goodluck everyone!!!

• Care
Do we think waitlist acceptances are done for the most part?

Reactions: 1 user
Do we think waitlist acceptances are done for the most part?
My guess would be need people to get off of other waitlists and withdraw so more of a slow roll rather than a rush of waitlist acceptances after the deadline to reduce the acceptances down to 1 at the beginning of May, so hopefully a few more spots left to open up but end of the day no one really knows which is awful, especially makes it hard when trying to figure out next year plans outside of UMass like signing leases for elsewhere and stuff like that because have no idea how long to wait

Has anybody reached out to admissions about how much waitlist movement we can expect going forward? Seems like they have given waitlisted applicants some information in prior years.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody reached out to admissions about how much waitlist movement we can expect going forward? Seems like they have given waitlisted applicants some information in prior years.
I have not but if you do please share!!

I have an A at a great school in Cali with a CTE deadline of Jun 1, but with a family of 4 including 2 young children to relocate I’m just holding out enormous hope for my state school 🤞🏼🤞🏼 Waitlisted at UMass last year too, but never got in.

Sent a LOI mentioning that deadline a few weeks ago but feeling pretty hopeless at the moment.

• Care
5 pm always brings around that last bit of hope left because of people mentioning that time earlier in this thread but nothing…sad

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Did nobody here hear about the waitlist in 2 weeks?

• Dislike
I emailed and they said they are pulling as spots become available and that this will probably continue throughout the summer!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I emailed and they said they are pulling as spots become available and that this will probably continue throughout the summer!
Thank you for sharing... but it just feels like there are no spots available 😭

Thanks for your act of service lol! If the commitment deadline already passed are they just pulling people off when other waitlisted people turn it down?

Thanks for your act of service lol! If the commitment deadline already passed are they just pulling people off when other waitlisted people turn it down?
commit to enroll is actually July 15th! So hasn’t happened yet :)

Has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist recently? Also, can we get a show of hands for how many people are still waiting?

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
I think there’s a little hope! People were getting off the waitlist in June in previous cycles so it’s possible (hopefully!!)

It seems like there has not been movement in forever. It might just be done but they'll let us know after CTE or something. Crying internally

Do you think we have hope for any movement?? Has anyone had any luck with getting some sort of info on their WL position?

Any updates?
I’m committing to another school tonight, I emailed (the outgoing message on the admissions number says to email) and got a very standard - we can’t disclose info about the waitlist - last week. Sad to give up on UMass, extra sad to have to move my family to Los Angeles, but can’t bring myself to take a gamble on this WL

• Care
I’m committing to another school tonight, I emailed (the outgoing message on the admissions number says to email) and got a very standard - we can’t disclose info about the waitlist - last week. Sad to give up on UMass, extra sad to have to move my family to Los Angeles, but can’t bring myself to take a gamble on this WL
Also emailed last week but never got a response. Sorry for the move but congrats on the opportunity and good luck in LA!

So sorry about that. I am in a similar situation as you and hope you can find peace with your new decision ❤️

• Care
Received a A from the WL on 06/01! Will be turning the offer down. Best of luck everyone, wl movement is still happening!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Received a A from the WL on 06/01! Will be turning the offer down. Best of luck everyone, wl movement is still happening!
Thank you for giving us this information and with such kindness! I sincerely wish you the best in medical school.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for sharing and congrats! and have a question for you if you can share what time of day this email came seems like they were all said to be at like 5 pm

Other waitlists I’m on have sent out highly unlikely emails at this point so not feeling to good about additional movement here

The Facebook group keeps fluctuating. There are several people who join every week.

Is movement really done? There has only been one reported A in the last few weeks here so..