2021-2022 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still hope for today I feel like a decent amount of movement emails have been said to come at 5 pm but yeah feeling this way too ^ for the second year in a row think just sending significant updates and hanging tight is the only thing we can do unfortunately
5:12 pm no update 🙁 I have a commit to enroll deadline of this Sunday at a different med school so looks like I’ll be withdrawing from this waitlist over the l weekend - goodluck everyone!!!
 
Do we think waitlist acceptances are done for the most part?
My guess would be need people to get off of other waitlists and withdraw so more of a slow roll rather than a rush of waitlist acceptances after the deadline to reduce the acceptances down to 1 at the beginning of May, so hopefully a few more spots left to open up but end of the day no one really knows which is awful, especially makes it hard when trying to figure out next year plans outside of UMass like signing leases for elsewhere and stuff like that because have no idea how long to wait
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody reached out to admissions about how much waitlist movement we can expect going forward? Seems like they have given waitlisted applicants some information in prior years.
I have not but if you do please share!!

I have an A at a great school in Cali with a CTE deadline of Jun 1, but with a family of 4 including 2 young children to relocate I’m just holding out enormous hope for my state school 🤞🏼🤞🏼 Waitlisted at UMass last year too, but never got in.

Sent a LOI mentioning that deadline a few weeks ago but feeling pretty hopeless at the moment.
 
I emailed and they said they are pulling as spots become available and that this will probably continue throughout the summer!
Thanks for your act of service lol! If the commitment deadline already passed are they just pulling people off when other waitlisted people turn it down?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m committing to another school tonight, I emailed (the outgoing message on the admissions number says to email) and got a very standard - we can’t disclose info about the waitlist - last week. Sad to give up on UMass, extra sad to have to move my family to Los Angeles, but can’t bring myself to take a gamble on this WL
Also emailed last week but never got a response. Sorry for the move but congrats on the opportunity and good luck in LA!
 
I’m committing to another school tonight, I emailed (the outgoing message on the admissions number says to email) and got a very standard - we can’t disclose info about the waitlist - last week. Sad to give up on UMass, extra sad to have to move my family to Los Angeles, but can’t bring myself to take a gamble on this WL
So sorry about that. I am in a similar situation as you and hope you can find peace with your new decision ❤️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has there been any WL movement? eerily quite for a school with a good WL movement! trying to hold on before my CTE deadline at another school
 
What are the chances of WL movement after CTE on July 15th? So desperately want to come here 🥺
Studying to retake the the MCAT, so that what’s I’m banking on too brotha haha. Like someone mentioned, I emailed them and they said they anticipate movement throughout the summer. So I think it’s possible but wouldn’t bank on anything. Good luck and hang in there 🤙
 
Studying to retake the the MCAT, so that what’s I’m banking on too brotha haha. Like someone mentioned, I emailed them and they said they anticipate movement throughout the summer. So I think it’s possible but wouldn’t bank on anything. Good luck and hang in there 🤙
When did they say there will be movement?