You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For me? NeverWhen do we expect waitlist movement to start?
letfirstserve
New Member
After April 30th, when UMass (or any school, for that matter) can see how many accepted students have selected either "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" (aka, the rough number of spots filled out of the class of ~175). After then, new batches of acceptance offers go out to applicants from WL (historically, a large wave), then more acceptance offers one by one as the class changes up until matriculation in August.When do we expect waitlist movement to start?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
siloaddict
Full Member
5 MORE DAYS!!!!After April 30th, when UMass (or any school, for that matter) can see how many accepted students have selected either "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" (aka, the rough number of spots filled out of the class of ~175). After then, new batches of acceptance offers go out to applicants from WL (historically, a large wave), then more acceptance offers one by one as the class changes up until matriculation in August.
The deadline this year is May 2nd since April 30th isn't a business day5 MORE DAYS!!!!
siloaddict
Full Member
BoooooooThe deadline this year is May 2nd since April 30th isn't a business day
GrayCanary21
Full Member
Grateful for this since some of these other schools are taking their SWEET TIME rolling out these financial aid packages by April 30th, so it gives me 2 days instead of 2 hours to make a final decision on schools lolThe deadline this year is May 2nd since April 30th isn't a business day
More people joining the accepted students' group, 5 in the last week. Does that mean movement is happening already?
Stress levels: high
Stress levels: high
I would say not necessarily, it could be people who didn't want to join until they were more sure this is where they're goingMore people joining the accepted students' group, 5 in the last week. Does that mean movement is happening already?
Stress levels: high
whyispremedlikethis???
New Member
Happy Friday! Are we thinking that we might see some decisions or WL movement today?
One bedrooms and studios are hard to find, if you do find them they'll likely be above 1200/mo. Otherwise, I've seen ranges for single rooms in 2-5br houses/apts be between 600/mo and 1000/mo depending on the amenities, if the landlord is reasonable, etc, with an average between 750 and 900.How much do students pay for rent here typically?
They do! Go to the website where you accepted the waitlist offer and there is a section titled "Additional Attachments" I believe, you can upload a PDF there.Does anyone know if UMass accepts updates if we’re on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based off what I was reading on reddit yesterday that seems like the case. Although I am not sure how the UMass waitlist works, whether it is ranked or if they have to meet again to discuss who they want to take off the waitlist, so who knows.Are we thinking tomorrow is first day for possible waitlist movement?
The silence is so loud.
Hi All. Yesterday at 5pm I received an acceptance off of the waitlist for MD/PURCH. I am IS and I submitted a LOI. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
OH MY GOSHHH CONGRATULATIONSHi All. Yesterday at 5pm I received an acceptance off of the waitlist for MD/PURCH. I am IS and I submitted a LOI. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
medwannabe350
Full Member
Hi everyone! Today I got the A off the waitlist at 10am!
D
deleted1124197
CONGRATS!👏👏👏 May I ask if you sent any update letters or LOI and if you’re IS or OOS?Hi everyone! Today I got the A off the waitlist at 10am!
D
deleted1124197
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? I checked my email but didn’t see any info on that.
mcdreamysteamy
Full Member
I got an A off the waitlist today. Was waitlisted in April 21st I think. I had sent a letter of intent and update letter right after my interview in Jan. After I got the WL, I added 2 more recommendations.
mcdreamysteamy
Full Member
I really was feeling hopeless and I have very average stats and am an ORM so for everyone still waiting, don't lose hope. I hope it works out for all of you either way! 🙏🏼
Congrats! We’re you accepted for PURCH? Or just MD?I really was feeling hopeless and I have very average stats and am an ORM so for everyone still waiting, don't lose hope. I hope it works out for all of you either way! 🙏🏼
I got an A off the waitlist at 5pm today for regular MD! IS, interviewed in Feb and WL in March. I sent a LOI after my interview and an update letter after my WL. I can’t believe I have an MD acceptance to my dream school and feel so grateful. Hoping all of you receive good news soon!!!
medwannabe350
Full Member
Thank you!! I am IS and I wrote a LOI a few weeks after my interview in the beginning of FebruaryCONGRATS!👏👏👏 May I ask if you sent any update letters or LOI and if you’re IS or OOS?
TheIndianMamba
Full Member
400 and upHow much do students pay for rent here typically?
Got in off the waitlist! Got the email on Tuesday around 5pm and I'm going into the PURCH track 😄😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mcdreamysteamy
Full Member
Thank you! Both 🙂Congrats! We’re you accepted for PURCH? Or just MD?
siloaddict
Full Member
congrats! may I ask IS or OOS?I got an A off the waitlist at 5pm today for regular MD! IS, interviewed in Feb and WL in March. I sent a LOI after my interview and an update letter after my WL. I can’t believe I have an MD acceptance to my dream school and feel so grateful. Hoping all of you receive good news soon!!!
siloaddict
Full Member
and any news from OOS?
Thank you! I’m IS 🙂congrats! may I ask IS or OOS?
lurker1334
Full Member
Do we think there will be any WL movement this week?
Last year FB group for accepted students had 390 students, the year before then had 360. This year only has 314 as of right now. Does anyone know what that means?
Could be that there are more waitlist spots, could be that this year fewer current students have joined the group (because there are definitely current students)!Last year FB group for accepted students had 390 students, the year before then had 360. This year only has 314 as of right now. Does anyone know what that means?
it just grew by 2 today. Is that current students joining or more movement? I will never know. I'm losing my mind!Could be that there are more waitlist spots, could be that this year fewer current students have joined the group (because there are definitely current students)!
siloaddict
Full Member
This is so neurotic but I love you for keeping the data in check 😂it just grew by 2 today. Is that current students joining or more movement? I will never know. I'm losing my mind!
Lol I'm totally unsure!! Taking a look though, there are some people in the group who haven't left despite having withdrawn their acceptances and leaving the GroupMe chat, so I think Facebook is a bit of an unreliable metric. Best of luck though - hope to see you join soon!!it just grew by 2 today. Is that current students joining or more movement? I will never know. I'm losing my mind!
It is unreliable, I know. But the past couple years group size was correlated with the class size. lol. I'm definitely not stressed about it. Don't worry.Lol I'm totally unsure!! Taking a look though, there are some people in the group who haven't left despite having withdrawn their acceptances and leaving the GroupMe chat, so I think Facebook is a bit of an unreliable metric. Best of luck though - hope to see you join soon!!
Congrats! Did you send a LOI or any update letters?Got in off the waitlist today!! OOS, waitlisted 4/4 interviewed in October🙂
Thank you! I sent an LOI after my interviewCongrats! Did you send a LOI or any update letters?
lurker1334
Full Member
Any movement today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
siloaddict
Full Member
I feel so hopeless
I feel so empty, hollow and deflated.
mdsuperhopeful
Full Member
I’m right there with you guys, just gotta sit tight and keep hoping for the best
Lostintheprocess
Full Member
Still hope for today I feel like a decent amount of movement emails have been said to come at 5 pm but yeah feeling this way too ^ for the second year in a row think just sending significant updates and hanging tight is the only thing we can do unfortunately
Last edited: