2020-2021 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did any of you respond to the AC email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they accept anyone 3/5 or 3/12? Are they done accepting people ?

Reactions: 1 user
also wondering this! I feel like they can’t be done accepting people since they were doing interviews into march

I’m fairly sure they’ve just been delayed quite a bit. A lot of interviewed applicants have still not heard anything except AC emails while they have seemed to give out WL and post-ii rejections for some others

Reactions: 2 users
Please confirm if my understanding is correct.
I’m assuming that those who received the AC email are in a lower bucket than the waitlisted candidates. So once the waitlisted candidates get accepted and IF there are any open spots available AFTER any of these waitlisted candidates decide not to matriculate, only then the Candidates on the AC list will be offered an acceptance . Am I right?
What are the chances of this happening? Did any candidates in the AC list last year make it in? 🤔

Please confirm if my understanding is correct.
I’m assuming that those who received the AC email are in a lower bucket than the waitlisted candidates. So once the waitlisted candidates get accepted and IF there are any open spots available AFTER any of these waitlisted candidates decide not to matriculate, only then the Candidates on the AC list will be offered an acceptance . Am I right?
What are the chances of this happening? Did any candidates in the AC list last year make it in? 🤔
No there have been AC people accepted already on SDN. It's just UMass being nice and telling you they are deferring you for another few committee meetings as they compare you against future candidates instead of leaving you in silence like many other schools. AC literally means active consideration, don't overthink things.

Reactions: 7 users
What do guys think is more promising at this point, being on AC or waitlisted?

What do guys think is more promising at this point, being on AC or waitlisted?
Historically UMass has huge waitlist movement, so I guess I would rather have a WL decision than my AC since November. But this is purely speculation.

Historically UMass has huge waitlist movement, so I guess I would rather have a WL decision than my AC since November. But this is purely speculation.
Active consideration at this point without a decision of waitlist, A or R just means that your app is in a big stack of apps they interviewed and put on AC, that they have not gotten back to to make a decision. They literally just started forming the waitlist, so they are likely making their way through that stack to figure out who gets what decision. They don't have a reason at this point to withhold the decision on your app- I think it just means they haven't gotten back to it yet to make that decision.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected post-interview for their MD-PhD program, oof 😅

VITA 8/13
II 10/30
MD interview 11/24, MD-PhD interview 12/17
active considerations 1/5 and 3/8

Stats in signature, good luck to everyone still in the race!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected post interview today :(
Interview: 10/29
Active consideration status: 11/23 and 3/8

OOS, LM: 69

• Care
Alas the hope of staying close to home dies. Time to mentally prepare to move far away haha
Post-II R :(, interviewed 1/6

• Care
Rejected post-interview as well. Interviewed on 12/15, active consideration on 1/5 and 3/8. OOS, LM 75/76

• Care
Post-II R around 4PM this afternoon. My top choice since I first took interest in medicine. And the day I finally decided it wouldn't hurt to submit the letter of intent I had been working on. Not to mention they hit me with it immediately after donating blood - just glad I didn't faint, I suppose.

2': 8/13
II: 11/12
Interview: 12/15
AC: 1/5, 3/8
Update: 12/22
LOI: 3/17

Feeling pretty crushed. Interviewed back in 2018 as well and really thought I had it this time around. Ah, well. I can't pretend I won't always be jealous of you, but best of luck to those of you who made the cut all the same.

EDIT: IS, LM 72

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Hey guys,

Interviewed 02/24 and AC email last week. Hoping to hear back soon!

Who should I address of a letter of interest/intent to? The associate dean for admissions or admissions committee?

Reactions: 1 users
Who should I address of a letter of interest/intent to? The associate dean for admissions or admissions committee?
I did members of the admissions committee, but I would think you would be fine either way!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!!!!
Do you know if they sent out any updates today?

WL offer today! Interviewed on 2/19. I will most likely decline this offer, since I'm happy with my acceptance offers. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

WL offer today! Interviewed on 2/19. I will most likely decline this offer, since I'm happy with my acceptance offers. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Congrats 🎉 on the WL and your other acceptances!

WL offer today as well! Interviewed 2/18. Fingers crossed for WL movement 🤞

Good luck everyone!!! Sending good vibes! Do we think they’re still sending out any A’s?

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck everyone!!! Sending good vibes! Do we think they’re still sending out any A’s?
No expert or anything here, but based on last year’s forum it was mostly WL around this time. There was the a huge WL movement in April.

Any PURCH hopefuls still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 5 users
No expert or anything here, but based on last year’s forum it was mostly WL around this time. There was the a huge WL movement in April.
Yea that makes sense , but does this mean that everyone who interviewed in February/March didn’t even stand a chance at an A? Like were are all the spots filled before we interviewed?

Reactions: 4 users
Because I’m paranoid: if you accept the WL offer the status tracker at the top of the portal says waitlist, right? Does it say something else if you decline? I’m like 90% sure I hit accept but my internet decided to act up while submitting and now I have no idea how to tell whether it went through.

Because I’m paranoid: if you accept the WL offer the status tracker at the top of the portal says waitlist, right? Does it say something else if you decline? I’m like 90% sure I hit accept but my internet decided to act up while submitting and now I have no idea how to tell whether it went through.
If you decline it completely locks you out of your portal, so if you can log in I would assume it went through :)

I uploaded a letter of interest on peoplesoft. This might be a dumb question, but should i be able to view the file after adding it? I know I uploaded the correct document, but the uploaded file is just gray and has no way of viewing it.

I uploaded a letter of interest on peoplesoft. This might be a dumb question, but should i be able to view the file after adding it? I know I uploaded the correct document, but the uploaded file is just gray and has no way of viewing it.
I wasn’t able to view mine after submitting

Are we thinking those deferred will almost certainly turn into WL or R at this point?

Just checking if the attire for tmrw's second look is the same as Interview day?
I chatted with my MS1 buddy yesterday and I think it's pretty casual. I'll be at work and just will be wearing casual clothes. We're already accepted I don't think there's any need to try to impress.

I chatted with my MS1 buddy yesterday and I think it's pretty casual. I'll be at work and just will be wearing casual clothes. We're already accepted I don't think there's any need to try to impress.
In the small group hangout yesterday the MS1’s said the same thing.