You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Massachusetts
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
premed 2025
Full Member
NoDid any of you respond to the AC email?
tana98
Full Member
Does anyone know anyone who received the AC letter and got rejected ?
I believe someone posted earlier in this group saying they got an AC email & were rejected!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No but I sent a letter of intentDid any of you respond to the AC email?
Oh noooooooooI believe someone posted earlier in this group saying they got an AC email & were rejected!
Did they accept anyone 3/5 or 3/12? Are they done accepting people ?
tana98
Full Member
also wondering this! I feel like they can’t be done accepting people since they were doing interviews into marchDid they accept anyone 3/5 or 3/12? Are they done accepting people ?
I’m fairly sure they’ve just been delayed quite a bit. A lot of interviewed applicants have still not heard anything except AC emails while they have seemed to give out WL and post-ii rejections for some othersDid they accept anyone 3/5 or 3/12? Are they done accepting people ?
Please confirm if my understanding is correct.
I’m assuming that those who received the AC email are in a lower bucket than the waitlisted candidates. So once the waitlisted candidates get accepted and IF there are any open spots available AFTER any of these waitlisted candidates decide not to matriculate, only then the Candidates on the AC list will be offered an acceptance . Am I right?
What are the chances of this happening? Did any candidates in the AC list last year make it in? 🤔
I’m assuming that those who received the AC email are in a lower bucket than the waitlisted candidates. So once the waitlisted candidates get accepted and IF there are any open spots available AFTER any of these waitlisted candidates decide not to matriculate, only then the Candidates on the AC list will be offered an acceptance . Am I right?
What are the chances of this happening? Did any candidates in the AC list last year make it in? 🤔
D
deleted1054719
No there have been AC people accepted already on SDN. It's just UMass being nice and telling you they are deferring you for another few committee meetings as they compare you against future candidates instead of leaving you in silence like many other schools. AC literally means active consideration, don't overthink things.Please confirm if my understanding is correct.
I’m assuming that those who received the AC email are in a lower bucket than the waitlisted candidates. So once the waitlisted candidates get accepted and IF there are any open spots available AFTER any of these waitlisted candidates decide not to matriculate, only then the Candidates on the AC list will be offered an acceptance . Am I right?
What are the chances of this happening? Did any candidates in the AC list last year make it in? 🤔
Historically UMass has huge waitlist movement, so I guess I would rather have a WL decision than my AC since November. But this is purely speculation.What do guys think is more promising at this point, being on AC or waitlisted?
Active consideration at this point without a decision of waitlist, A or R just means that your app is in a big stack of apps they interviewed and put on AC, that they have not gotten back to to make a decision. They literally just started forming the waitlist, so they are likely making their way through that stack to figure out who gets what decision. They don't have a reason at this point to withhold the decision on your app- I think it just means they haven't gotten back to it yet to make that decision.Historically UMass has huge waitlist movement, so I guess I would rather have a WL decision than my AC since November. But this is purely speculation.
When is the last day Umass interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cleocolor2020
Full Member
Rejected post interview today 🙁
Interview: 10/29
Active consideration status: 11/23 and 3/8
OOS, LM: 69
Interview: 10/29
Active consideration status: 11/23 and 3/8
OOS, LM: 69
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
Rejected post-interview as well. Interviewed on 12/15, active consideration on 1/5 and 3/8. OOS, LM 75/76
premed375813
Full Member
Oh no I’m sorry 🙁 did you get the email just now? Good luck with the rest of the cycle!Rejected post-interview as well. Interviewed on 12/15, active consideration on 1/5 and 3/8. OOS, LM 75/76
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
Earlier around 4:30 PM EST.Oh no I’m sorry 🙁 did you get the email just now? Good luck with the rest of the cycle!
I'm scared lol
Me tooI'm scared lol
Post-II R around 4PM this afternoon. My top choice since I first took interest in medicine. And the day I finally decided it wouldn't hurt to submit the letter of intent I had been working on. Not to mention they hit me with it immediately after donating blood - just glad I didn't faint, I suppose.
2': 8/13
II: 11/12
Interview: 12/15
AC: 1/5, 3/8
Update: 12/22
LOI: 3/17
Feeling pretty crushed. Interviewed back in 2018 as well and really thought I had it this time around. Ah, well. I can't pretend I won't always be jealous of you, but best of luck to those of you who made the cut all the same.
EDIT: IS, LM 72
2': 8/13
II: 11/12
Interview: 12/15
AC: 1/5, 3/8
Update: 12/22
LOI: 3/17
Feeling pretty crushed. Interviewed back in 2018 as well and really thought I had it this time around. Ah, well. I can't pretend I won't always be jealous of you, but best of luck to those of you who made the cut all the same.
EDIT: IS, LM 72
Last edited:
DormammuI'veComeToBargain
New Member
Has anyone who submitted a letter of intent been accepted yet?
Nope :/ still on AC. I submitted my Letter of Intent on 3/10Has anyone who submitted a letter of intent been accepted yet?
Hey guys,
Interviewed 02/24 and AC email last week. Hoping to hear back soon!
Interviewed 02/24 and AC email last week. Hoping to hear back soon!
PotentialMed500
Full Member
Who should I address of a letter of interest/intent to? The associate dean for admissions or admissions committee?
I did members of the admissions committee, but I would think you would be fine either way!Who should I address of a letter of interest/intent to? The associate dean for admissions or admissions committee?
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!!!!!
Do you know if they sent out any updates today?
Do you know if they sent out any updates today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats 🎉 on the WL and your other acceptances!WL offer today! Interviewed on 2/19. I will most likely decline this offer, since I'm happy with my acceptance offers. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
WL offer today as well! Interviewed 2/18. Fingers crossed for WL movement 🤞
Idk I’m wondering the same thing 🙁Good luck everyone!!! Sending good vibes! Do we think they’re still sending out any A’s?
uniqueindividual
Full Member
No expert or anything here, but based on last year’s forum it was mostly WL around this time. There was the a huge WL movement in April.Good luck everyone!!! Sending good vibes! Do we think they’re still sending out any A’s?
Any PURCH hopefuls still waiting to hear back?
Yea that makes sense , but does this mean that everyone who interviewed in February/March didn’t even stand a chance at an A? Like were are all the spots filled before we interviewed?No expert or anything here, but based on last year’s forum it was mostly WL around this time. There was the a huge WL movement in April.
Because I’m paranoid: if you accept the WL offer the status tracker at the top of the portal says waitlist, right? Does it say something else if you decline? I’m like 90% sure I hit accept but my internet decided to act up while submitting and now I have no idea how to tell whether it went through.
bostonmed25
New Member
If you decline it completely locks you out of your portal, so if you can log in I would assume it went through 🙂Because I’m paranoid: if you accept the WL offer the status tracker at the top of the portal says waitlist, right? Does it say something else if you decline? I’m like 90% sure I hit accept but my internet decided to act up while submitting and now I have no idea how to tell whether it went through.
Thank you 🙏If you decline it completely locks you out of your portal, so if you can log in I would assume it went through 🙂
PotentialMed500
Full Member
I uploaded a letter of interest on peoplesoft. This might be a dumb question, but should i be able to view the file after adding it? I know I uploaded the correct document, but the uploaded file is just gray and has no way of viewing it.
njapplicant
Full Member
I wasn’t able to view mine after submittingI uploaded a letter of interest on peoplesoft. This might be a dumb question, but should i be able to view the file after adding it? I know I uploaded the correct document, but the uploaded file is just gray and has no way of viewing it.
Idk I’m thinking the same thing😣Are we thinking those deferred will almost certainly turn into WL or R at this point?
Idk guys I'm still pretty hopeful there will be another round of As coming out this Friday!Are we thinking those deferred will almost certainly turn into WL or R at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed375813
Full Member
Is there any particular reason you think that? Also have my fingers crossed!Idk guys I'm still pretty hopeful there will be another round of As coming out this Friday!
No I'm just staying hopeful! I don't think there's any more of a reason to believe they are done sending out acceptances.Is there any particular reason you think that? Also have my fingers crossed!
purplebourdain
Full Member
Just checking if the attire for tmrw's second look is the same as Interview day?
krebscycle911
Full Member
I chatted with my MS1 buddy yesterday and I think it's pretty casual. I'll be at work and just will be wearing casual clothes. We're already accepted I don't think there's any need to try to impress.Just checking if the attire for tmrw's second look is the same as Interview day?
In the small group hangout yesterday the MS1’s said the same thing.I chatted with my MS1 buddy yesterday and I think it's pretty casual. I'll be at work and just will be wearing casual clothes. We're already accepted I don't think there's any need to try to impress.