2020-2021 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard nothing today:/ 510 Mcat 3.98 gpa, math major ... I’m so upset with this cycle ,I don’t even know what imma do:(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I heard nothing today:/ 510 Mcat 3.98 gpa, math major ... I’m so upset with this cycle ,I don’t even know what imma do:(
Super similar stats and will be graduating with my master's in May :confused: I feel you!!!

Reactions: 2 users
the last day to hear back is april 30th right? so everyone on active consideration should hear (even if waitlist) over the next few weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I found a document online saying that this school has about 100 people on the waitlist and gives out about 75 offers. Is there any stock in this?

Does this school typically have a lot of waitlist movement?

Congrats on the waitlist!! I interviewed the same day and have been waiting to hear back like crazy. When did you get the AC emails? Hoping you end up getting the A!
1/6 I believe I got the AC. Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Any PURCH news?? I wonder if they leave the PURCH folks for later or something.

WL today after interviewing on 2/09 and being placed on AC on 3/05 (received another AC email on 3/08) :) Sent my LOI a couple weeks ago, so very happy and relieved to still be considered :D

Reactions: 1 users
MSAR states that UMass WL's 150 and accepts 100 off the WL

MSAR states that UMass WL's 150 and accepts 100 off the WL
^ can confirm MSAR used to say 100 waitlist, 75 accepted off it, and was now updated to say 150 waitlisted and 100 accepted off it

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted students receive the third party background check? In the acceptance email they mentioned we would be contacted separately by the third party, but I never received anything.

Any accepted students receive the third party background check? In the acceptance email they mentioned we would be contacted separately by the third party, but I never received anything.
I personally have not. I'm also curious if anyone has received any financial aid info?

Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.

Reactions: 6 users
UMMS seems to match pretty well everywhere but doesn't have a great record of matching people in NSGY - does anyone know why? I'm really interested in attending but worried it may limit me because I'm interested in nsgy.

Do we know when UMMS will get back to us? Interviewed early Feb and haven't heard anything back...

WL email 30 min ago, interviewed in Nov, IS

Its WILD how long its taken to put together the waitlist. It seems like its been a slow drip for the past few Fridays, assuming more coming the next couple. We were supposedly being actively considered for awhile now (some of us for several months). Hard to believe that is true now. A lot of dusting off of apps it seems like.

Feels so odd that I interviewed in October and I haven’t heard anything besides the AC emails. Trying not to lose hope but this is tough :(. Sent in a couple updates and everything. Any chance there are still any As coming out? how many more WL spots do people even think are left?

Reactions: 3 users
Feels so odd that I interviewed in October and I haven’t heard anything besides the AC emails. Trying not to lose hope but this is tough :(. Sent in a couple updates and everything. Any chance there are still any As coming out? how many more WL spots do people even think are left?
I’m in the same position and also losing hope :(

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted today morning! Interviewed 1/27 & IS

WL! Interviewed 10/29... man it has been a long 5 months. Very excited as this is still my top choice!

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a time range where they usually send out decisions or should we be on alert at all hours?

WL earlier today, PURCH and MD interview early December

Does Umass typically see a lot of movement on the waitlist for OOS students? Idk if this has been asked/it’s on MSAR

Has anyone received financial aid yet? I know it was supposed to start coming out in April

Not sure. I thought med schools usually don't give out that much aid right?

Does anyone know when UMass starts to take off their waitlist? Is it after April 15th typically?

Waitlisted today, Interviewed 2/24, AC about a month ago. Lets goo!

just got WL this morning, realistically the best I can hope for at this point I suppose so trying to stay optimistic as this is my dream school! Interviewed in October, 2x AC emails since then, technically OOS but have lived in Mass for 10 years. Good luck to everyone, I really hope to get to see some of you next year! :)

Did you get email or phone call?
Email! Said "WAITLIST OFFER" in the email title. God bless them for not doing any of that "go to the portal to see your admissions decision" BS.