You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh wow. When did you get your decision?WL today, interviewed in Sep, AC in October, IS. Guess they are sending some decisions out today!
2pm EST!Oh wow. When did you get your decision?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh wow, that is a high MCAT score you got there.2pm EST!
Thank you hahaha, can confirm after this cycle that stats definitely are not everything!Oh wow, that is a high MCAT score you got there.
mdsuperhopeful
Full Member
Also WL today, around 2pm EST! Interviewed 1/5, AC mid-Jan. IS
siloaddict
Full Member
Serious question, is "no news good news" for this school?
I interviewed a few months ago and I haven't gotten any response yet. And it seems like all responses (well majority) have been waitlists. But, UMass has a good WL? If I am not getting news now, is this a R?
I am lost y'all 😭
I interviewed a few months ago and I haven't gotten any response yet. And it seems like all responses (well majority) have been waitlists. But, UMass has a good WL? If I am not getting news now, is this a R?
I am lost y'all 😭
Propafolling_in_love
Full Member
Fellow lost person chiming in, but UMass has already sent out a good amount of post-II rejections, so if we were definite rejections, I think they would’ve already sent them!Serious question, is "no news good news" for this school?
I interviewed a few months ago and I haven't gotten any response yet. And it seems like all responses (well majority) have been waitlists. But, UMass has a good WL? If I am not getting news now, is this a R?
I am lost y'all 😭
That being said, I believe a WL is what we are realistically hoping for at this point. UMass seems to have a good WL, so I think getting a WL right now would be better than no news.
PinkStarburst16
New Member
Hi, would you mind sharing the first letter of your last name? Based on my school, they seem to be going in alphabetical order and I was curious about where they are...Also WL today, around 2pm EST! Interviewed 1/5, AC mid-Jan. IS
This strikes me as odd because I haven’t really seen any post II R on here. Not saying what you said is untrue, it’s just funny that most other school threads seem to have a large # of post II rejections that get reported assuming the school does in fact reject post iiFellow lost person chiming in, but UMass has already sent out a good amount of post-II rejections, so if we were definite rejections, I think they would’ve already sent them!
That being said, I believe a WL is what we are realistically hoping for at this point. UMass seems to have a good WL, so I think getting a WL right now would be better than no news.
Propafolling_in_love
Full Member
If you look on March 11th of this thread there’s a few, and I know some people personally who were rejected post-II on that day as well.This strikes me as odd because I haven’t really seen any post II R on here. Not saying what you said is untrue, it’s just funny that most other school threads seem to have a large # of post II rejections that get reported assuming the school does in fact reject post ii
Is this true?Hi, would you mind sharing the first letter of your last name? Based on my school, they seem to be going in alphabetical order and I was curious about where they are...
PinkStarburst16
New Member
I'm trying to figure that out, it went G->S->R and I'm W. Any input from those who've heard back would help my ~investigation~Is this true?
Doesn't R come before S?I'm trying to figure that out, it went G->S->R and I'm W. Any input from those who've heard back would help my ~investigation~
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can confirm I am near the end of the alphabet (after S). WL on FridayI'm trying to figure that out, it went G->S->R and I'm W. Any input from those who've heard back would help my ~investigation~
mdsuperhopeful
Full Member
I’m in the middle of the alphabet (before S) and WL on FridayI'm trying to figure that out, it went G->S->R and I'm W. Any input from those who've heard back would help my ~investigation~
Propafolling_in_love
Full Member
I’m not sure if this is helpful, but my last names at the beginning of the alphabet and I haven’t heard anything since my AC in DecemberI'm trying to figure that out, it went G->S->R and I'm W. Any input from those who've heard back would help my ~investigation~
+1I’m not sure if this is helpful, but my last names at the beginning of the alphabet and I haven’t heard anything since my AC in December
PinkStarburst16
New Member
Oh, yes. Maybe I should not be a doc 🙁Doesn't R come before S?
No! Don't say that. You got this. Trust.Oh, yes. Maybe I should not be a doc 🙁
I am still able to log inHi, did the application portal close for anyone else? I’m unable to login now.
I’ve had something like this happen to me before like two months ago where I thought my portal closed but my password just got screwed up. So maybe try requesting a new password(that’s what I did)?I am still able to log in
Edit: Oops responded to the wrong post
I went to office hours for financial aid and they said to expect awards by the end of this week or latest early next week!
Don't have mine yet, but when I checked the portal I could see that my documents changed status from "Not Reviewed" to "Received", so I was thinking we'd get the info soon!I went to office hours for financial aid and they said to expect awards by the end of this week or latest early next week!
To all members of AC fam: Happy check-your-email Friday. Stay Frosty.
No emails yet!To all members of AC fam: Happy check-your-email Friday. Stay Frosty.
Nothing today???
Also btw, looks like some people might have gotten off the waitlist recently. The fb went up by 10 after being stagnant for a bit.
Also btw, looks like some people might have gotten off the waitlist recently. The fb went up by 10 after being stagnant for a bit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Refresh refresh refresh!To all members of AC fam: Happy check-your-email Friday. Stay Frosty.
I've been waiting since August man.....just give me a crumb of information. 😢
+1I've been waiting since August man.....just give me a crumb of information. 😢
Attachments
Just got a waitlist! @10:58 am ET. Interview 2.5 weeks into January and AC almost exactly 2 weeks later
D
deleted1124197
Have any other early interviewees not heard anything since the AC email in October? Is silence is a good thing at this point, or does this mean I’m likely to get axed with a post-interview R soon? I know this process is confusing, but I’m curious about the order of their review since later interviewees have already been given a more definitive decision than AC
I’m in same boat, I was interviewed late September and havnt heard anything for a decision yetHave any other early interviewees not heard anything since the AC email in October? Is silence is a good thing at this point, or does this mean I’m likely to get axed with a post-interview R soon? I know this process is confusing, but I’m curious about the order of their review since later interviewees have already been given a more definitive decision than AC
mcdreamysteamy
Full Member
I've already received decisions from schools that I applied to much later than UMASS. feeling really frustrated. trying to stay hopeful though
PinkStarburst16
New Member
WL, finally! I have emotional recovered enough to post it now...~11 am this am.Interview early January. IS applicant
siloaddict
Full Member
Grats 🙏WL, finally! I have emotional recovered enough to post it now...~11 am this am.Interview early January. IS applicant
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
I interviewed 12/21, AC twice in January and haven't heard since. Have no idea what the process or timeline is but it's so frustratingHave any other early interviewees not heard anything since the AC email in October? Is silence is a good thing at this point, or does this mean I’m likely to get axed with a post-interview R soon? I know this process is confusing, but I’m curious about the order of their review since later interviewees have already been given a more definitive decision than AC
amaryllis95
New Member
my main frustration is that I was told I should get a decision in 1-2 months, and that was in November. Harvard rejected me 6 months after my interview but at least they were upfront and told me it would be a 6 month wait. I wish Umass had been more transparent/realistic in their projection.
Anyway, I've long since resigned myself to not hearing an initial decision from Umass until the end of April. (will I still furiously refresh on Fridays? most definitely)
Anyway, I've long since resigned myself to not hearing an initial decision from Umass until the end of April. (will I still furiously refresh on Fridays? most definitely)
Agreed. End of April in my mind; Every friday in reality. Although, I don't imagine they will do this Friday cause they did Monday, but that's not going to stop me from refreshing.my main frustration is that I was told I should get a decision in 1-2 months, and that was in November. Harvard rejected me 6 months after my interview but at least they were upfront and told me it would be a 6 month wait. I wish Umass had been more transparent/realistic in their projection.
Anyway, I've long since resigned myself to not hearing an initial decision from Umass until the end of April. (will I still furiously refresh on Fridays? most definitely)
siloaddict
Full Member
Hey! Me too. They told me I would get my decision in end of January latest.I interviewed 12/21, AC twice in January and haven't heard since. Have no idea what the process or timeline is but it's so frustrating
siloaddict
Full Member
Maybe its an R...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are we feeling about this April Fool's Friday? Hoping for some good news
cookiemuncher
New Member
I'm hoping for any news at this point
You think they gave decisions this Monday to avoid giving decisions on April Fool's Day?
siloaddict
Full Member
Apparently schools need to fill up their spots by March 15th. So I believe so..Do we know if they've given out most of their As already? It's my last hope for this cycle.