2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does it mean anything if we are still AC? So no A, WL, or R yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I figured there was no hope for decisions this Friday since it’s Match Day, but I checked the thread last year, and a few people received WL decisions on Match Day (March 19th 2021) incase anyone was thinking the same, there’s some hope 🤞🏻

Reactions: 3 users
I figured there was no hope for decisions this Friday since it’s Match Day, but I checked the thread last year, and a few people received WL decisions on Match Day (March 19th 2021) incase anyone was thinking the same, there’s some hope 🤞🏻
Dang. I hope we get some A's too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang. I hope we get some A's too!
This may be a hot take, but I’m honestly hoping for a WL. An A would obviously be better, but I feel like we haven’t seen an A in a while, it’s late in the cycle, and the UMass WL is a great one to be on with all the movement from previous years.

Could anyone share if UMass gives any scholarships (not just financial aid)? Looking at applying this cycle but OOS (yes, I know they can only admit up to 25% OOS) - does that mean that even if there are scholarships to be given they would not go to OOS at all? thx

Reactions: 1 user
This may be a hot take, but I’m honestly hoping for a WL. An A would obviously be better, but I feel like we haven’t seen an A in a while, it’s late in the cycle, and the UMass WL is a great one to be on with all the movement from previous years.
Fair, I was surprised by the movement TBH.

Could anyone share if UMass gives any scholarships (not just financial aid)? Looking at applying this cycle but OOS (yes, I know they can only admit up to 25% OOS) - does that mean that even if there are scholarships to be given they would not go to OOS at all? thx
Can confirm, I got a very generous scholarship about a month ago (which was nice for an OOSer like me haha), and I think they're being more generous than usual this cycle with scholarships because of the big donation they got last September

WL today, interviewed in Sep, AC in October, IS. Guess they are sending some decisions out today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Serious question, is "no news good news" for this school?

I interviewed a few months ago and I haven't gotten any response yet. And it seems like all responses (well majority) have been waitlists. But, UMass has a good WL? If I am not getting news now, is this a R?

I am lost y'all 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Serious question, is "no news good news" for this school?

I interviewed a few months ago and I haven't gotten any response yet. And it seems like all responses (well majority) have been waitlists. But, UMass has a good WL? If I am not getting news now, is this a R?

I am lost y'all 😭
Fellow lost person chiming in, but UMass has already sent out a good amount of post-II rejections, so if we were definite rejections, I think they would’ve already sent them!

That being said, I believe a WL is what we are realistically hoping for at this point. UMass seems to have a good WL, so I think getting a WL right now would be better than no news.

Reactions: 3 users
Also WL today, around 2pm EST! Interviewed 1/5, AC mid-Jan. IS
Hi, would you mind sharing the first letter of your last name? Based on my school, they seem to be going in alphabetical order and I was curious about where they are...

Reactions: 1 users
Fellow lost person chiming in, but UMass has already sent out a good amount of post-II rejections, so if we were definite rejections, I think they would’ve already sent them!

That being said, I believe a WL is what we are realistically hoping for at this point. UMass seems to have a good WL, so I think getting a WL right now would be better than no news.
This strikes me as odd because I haven’t really seen any post II R on here. Not saying what you said is untrue, it’s just funny that most other school threads seem to have a large # of post II rejections that get reported assuming the school does in fact reject post ii

This strikes me as odd because I haven’t really seen any post II R on here. Not saying what you said is untrue, it’s just funny that most other school threads seem to have a large # of post II rejections that get reported assuming the school does in fact reject post ii
If you look on March 11th of this thread there’s a few, and I know some people personally who were rejected post-II on that day as well.

does anyone know when we get our financial packages?

I'm trying to figure that out, it went G->S->R and I'm W. Any input from those who've heard back would help my ~investigation~
I’m not sure if this is helpful, but my last names at the beginning of the alphabet and I haven’t heard anything since my AC in December

Hi, did the application portal close for anyone else? I’m unable to login now.

Post-II R after AC in October, best of luck to the rest of yall!

• Care
I am still able to log in
I’ve had something like this happen to me before like two months ago where I thought my portal closed but my password just got screwed up. So maybe try requesting a new password(that’s what I did)?
Edit: Oops responded to the wrong post

I went to office hours for financial aid and they said to expect awards by the end of this week or latest early next week!

I went to office hours for financial aid and they said to expect awards by the end of this week or latest early next week!
Don't have mine yet, but when I checked the portal I could see that my documents changed status from "Not Reviewed" to "Received", so I was thinking we'd get the info soon!

Nothing today???

Also btw, looks like some people might have gotten off the waitlist recently. The fb went up by 10 after being stagnant for a bit.

I've been waiting since August man.....just give me a crumb of information. :cryi:

• Sad

Attachments

• 1A9EF1F1-CFDE-401A-8256-14AF9FAB0002.gif
    1A9EF1F1-CFDE-401A-8256-14AF9FAB0002.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Haha
Just got a waitlist! @10:58 am ET. Interview 2.5 weeks into January and AC almost exactly 2 weeks later

Reactions: 5 users
Have any other early interviewees not heard anything since the AC email in October? Is silence is a good thing at this point, or does this mean I’m likely to get axed with a post-interview R soon? I know this process is confusing, but I’m curious about the order of their review since later interviewees have already been given a more definitive decision than AC

Have any other early interviewees not heard anything since the AC email in October? Is silence is a good thing at this point, or does this mean I’m likely to get axed with a post-interview R soon? I know this process is confusing, but I’m curious about the order of their review since later interviewees have already been given a more definitive decision than AC
I’m in same boat, I was interviewed late September and havnt heard anything for a decision yet

I've already received decisions from schools that I applied to much later than UMASS. feeling really frustrated. trying to stay hopeful though

WL, finally! I have emotional recovered enough to post it now...~11 am this am.Interview early January. IS applicant

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed 12/21, AC twice in January and haven't heard since. Have no idea what the process or timeline is but it's so frustrating