2021-2022 Massachusetts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently schools need to fill up their spots by March 15th. So I believe so..
But don't most schools send out more acceptances than spots to fill, knowing that some people will drop acceptances? Or do they send out the same number as spots and that's what the waitlist is for?
 
But don't most schools send out more acceptances than spots to fill, knowing that some people will drop acceptances? Or do they send out the same number as spots and that's what the waitlist is for?
Good point, I am not sure. I assume if a school has 200 spots, they will send at least 200 acceptances by March 15th!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just checked the waitlist procedures pdf posted by AAMC. It was just updated and it says they took 70/150. I’m assuming this is from last cycle which checks out with why people were saying they felt there wasn’t a lot of movement last year.

I also got waitlisted and just wanted to give a heads up. There’s no way of telling what’s gonna happen this year and those are still pretty solid odds. So, stay optimistic but also start planning to reapply if you’re banking on this like me 🙂!
 
Waitlisted. OOS, interviewed in September with AC in October. Good luck to everyone else!🙂
 
Waitlist today after interviewing 2/9 (email just before 11am). Waitlisted last year around this time and they didn’t hit me with the R until august. Unfortunately need to commit to enroll to another school mid June even though umass is the dream — good luck to all!
 
Last edited:
Waitlist today after interviewing 2/9 (email just before 11am). Waitlisted last year around this time and they didn’t hit me with the R until august. Unfortunately need to commit to enroll to another school mid May even though umass is the dream — good luck to all!
I am in the exact same boat! just PM you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They normally do one batch right? So if no WL email yet then probably not today? Wondering if they are doing A and Rs today also.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad