2021-2022 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my main frustration is that I was told I should get a decision in 1-2 months, and that was in November. Harvard rejected me 6 months after my interview but at least they were upfront and told me it would be a 6 month wait. I wish Umass had been more transparent/realistic in their projection.
Anyway, I've long since resigned myself to not hearing an initial decision from Umass until the end of April. (will I still furiously refresh on Fridays? most definitely)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
my main frustration is that I was told I should get a decision in 1-2 months, and that was in November. Harvard rejected me 6 months after my interview but at least they were upfront and told me it would be a 6 month wait. I wish Umass had been more transparent/realistic in their projection.
Anyway, I've long since resigned myself to not hearing an initial decision from Umass until the end of April. (will I still furiously refresh on Fridays? most definitely)
Agreed. End of April in my mind; Every friday in reality. Although, I don't imagine they will do this Friday cause they did Monday, but that's not going to stop me from refreshing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How are we feeling about this April Fool's Friday? Hoping for some good news

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
You think they gave decisions this Monday to avoid giving decisions on April Fool's Day?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Do we know if they've given out most of their As already? It's my last hope for this cycle.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Do we know if they've given out most of their As already? It's my last hope for this cycle.
Apparently schools need to fill up their spots by March 15th. So I believe so..

Apparently schools need to fill up their spots by March 15th. So I believe so..
But don't most schools send out more acceptances than spots to fill, knowing that some people will drop acceptances? Or do they send out the same number as spots and that's what the waitlist is for?

But don't most schools send out more acceptances than spots to fill, knowing that some people will drop acceptances? Or do they send out the same number as spots and that's what the waitlist is for?
Good point, I am not sure. I assume if a school has 200 spots, they will send at least 200 acceptances by March 15th!

UMass has the opportunity to pull off the cruelest April Fools joke of all time today

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of people were waitlisted April 2 last year.. good luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL just now as well. Interviewed 12/21! Dk whether to be bummed or excited atp but im just glad to have heard back lol

WL just now as well. Interviewed 12/21! Dk whether to be bummed or excited atp but im just glad to have heard back lol
Was your email at the same time as the one above or just now like 30 min after? Trying to figure out if it’s sent in one batch or throughout the day

Mine was just before 12:30. Sending all the best to the rest of you. This waiting game sucks, and I know it's easy for me to say having heard something, but you it will all work out one way or another. Keep you chins up :)

I just withdrew my A! I hope it goes to someone without an A. Good luck everyone. :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I just checked the waitlist procedures pdf posted by AAMC. It was just updated and it says they took 70/150. I’m assuming this is from last cycle which checks out with why people were saying they felt there wasn’t a lot of movement last year.

I also got waitlisted and just wanted to give a heads up. There’s no way of telling what’s gonna happen this year and those are still pretty solid odds. So, stay optimistic but also start planning to reapply if you’re banking on this like me :)!

I’m in same boat, I was interviewed late September and havnt heard anything for a decision yet
Maybe we’ll hear back tomorrow? Hoping for the best but fully prepared for the worst because it’s been months of silence😔

• Love
I interviewed 12/21, AC twice in January and haven't heard since. Have no idea what the process or timeline is but it's so frustrating
You received an AC email twice? I really don’t know how they review these, but good luck to you and everyone still waiting🙂

Waitlisted!!! IS interviewed late September!!!!!!!!!!

Waitlist to MD & PURCH. Interviewed in January. Very grateful, going to be a long summer!

do we know if they usually release decisions in one batch, or throughout the day possibly?

Waitlisted. OOS, interviewed in September with AC in October. Good luck to everyone else!:)

Waitlist today after interviewing 2/9 (email just before 11am). Waitlisted last year around this time and they didn’t hit me with the R until august. Unfortunately need to commit to enroll to another school mid June even though umass is the dream — good luck to all!

Last edited:
Waitlist today after interviewing 2/9 (email just before 11am). Waitlisted last year around this time and they didn’t hit me with the R until august. Unfortunately need to commit to enroll to another school mid May even though umass is the dream — good luck to all!
I am in the exact same boat! just PM you!

Is getting a WL later worse? is getting a WL earlier better?

I thought the WL was unranked, is this not true?

IS. Also received a WL yesterday (interviewed early October). Fingers crossed!

WL IS today at 1:13PM EST. Interviewed 12/15, letter of intent sent 04/05

so to people who still haven't heard back, should we just take the L or is there an ounce of hope?

• Sad
Waitlist today as well. My 7th waitlist spot in the last few years. Really hoping this one pans out

• Care
They normally do one batch right? So if no WL email yet then probably not today? Wondering if they are doing A and Rs today also.