Jun 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi guys. Out of state here. I'm choosing between schools and I was wondering what you guys thought were pros of MCW compared to your other choices?
I only have one choice at this point in time but here are some things I liked!
1. The students were all SUPER nice and welcoming. More so than any school I interviewed at by a long shot
2. The building is great. Everything seems brand new
3. Froedtert is a great hospital from what I gathered. It also sees a very diverse population of patients, from the urban population in Milwaukee to the rural population in other parts of Wisconsin
4. I've only been to Milwaukee once (as in for my interview) but it does seem like a great place to live. Very lively, also pretty close to Chicago.
5. The scholarly pathways program was a big plus for me. I know a lot of schools have something similar but I like the wide variety of options at MCW.

I'm sure there are more but those are what I thought of off the top of my head. Really the only con for me is that I'm from New Jersey and have no family in the area.

Feb 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi guys. Out of state here. I'm choosing between schools and I was wondering what you guys thought were pros of MCW compared to your other choices?
They are the only school I've interviewed at that told applicants about dedicated resources to medical student mental health. I feel like if other schools were to have those resources, it would be the sort of thing to brag about on Interview Day.

About the Ads
Feb 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Post-II R just now. Interviewed Central Wisconsin 02/10 and absolutely devastated. They were my top choice and my only ii of the season, back to the drawing board for round 2 of applying...
I was not offered an acceptance anywhere my first go-around. Please don't give up! So many people re-apply, even if they don't advertise it.

I know it takes energy, and money, and it hurts. I don't have specific advice for you because I don't know what your approach was this cycle, but I am rooting for you nonetheless.

yahneeks

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does MCW do MMIs or is it just traditional interviews?
Traditional- you’ll be in two rooms and each room will have one faculty and one med student or two faculty. Open file.

Reactions: tiabour
About the Ads
Nov 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was also accepted today at 5:54 pm central time. The only reason I’m posting this is for those people that like to look back at old posts at when ppl were accepted. I want to offer my best wishes to anyone who is waiting on good news. I think anyone who is on this site has the best intentions and God has a plan for you. Keep at it and stay positive. Good things will come.

About the Ads
Jun 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Congrats to everybody who got accepted yesterday! I posted previously that there is a group for accepted applicants on Facebook, but that was a while ago, and everything more or less gets lost in the thread after time lol. The group is "MCW-Milwaukee Accepted Applicants (Class of 2024)", though its open for anybody from the three campuses. Congrats again to all those accepted, and wishing the best for all those waiting!

Aug 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was put on the waitlist after interview on Friday evening (interviewed 2/7) . I'm pretty upset. I thought my interviews went really well and I had an overall great experience. I hope the rumors of waitlist movement this year are true.

athorcommens

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys, current M1 here. Just want to let you know, if you're interviewing on March 6th, you still have as good a shot as anyone else. I went from silence from MCW to an acceptance in about 9 days time. This was on the last interview day of the year. Quite a few people from that day also matriculated so they do take a decent amount. Don't give up. If you have an interview, you have a shot.

Also, MCW is fantastic. They're really great about so much. I have like no complaints about it as a school.

May 12, 2018
Another "nothing" update to the devoted 2020-2021 application cycle followers. As you know I started with the "small pool" in 9/9/19. I have not gotten any interviews and I don't think I will. This is the last week to get anything. If I could do it over I would suggest applying #1 to Milwaukee as an out of state instead of Central or Greenbay due to the bigger class size. The other 2 favor ISS more heavily. I did it due to the primary care program but that's okay. Anyways, I am guessing the next update is just gonna be a rejection email from them. I am sorry if this kills ur mood but I am just 1 in 10,000 and I was still able to get into med school so don't worry if this small pool doesn't work out for you I am sure something else will. Keep a lookout for my last update. Adios!

About the Ads
Nov 11, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Accepted - Milwaukee campus! Interviewed 2/7, received acceptance e-mail 2/28 5:35 pm
Stats for reference: 511 MCAT, 3.33 gpa, OOS (MN), 5 years of clinical and research work experience post-degree

Really enjoyed WCM's campus and interview! Will be attending! See you all in the Fall and best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
will there be anymore II's extended?
I received an interview invite last week and March 6 was the last date available. They made it clear that I'd be interviewing for a wait list spot at best. Honestly thought about withdrawing but since I'm not far from Milwaukee, I don't think it'll be too much of an hassle.

Jul 16, 2018
I received an interview invite last week and March 6 was the last date available. They made it clear that I'd be interviewing for a wait list spot at best. Honestly thought about withdrawing but since I'm not far from Milwaukee, I don't think it'll be too much of an hassle.
They actually said you’d be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

athorcommens

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I know for a the class of 2023 they didn't pull anyone from the wait-list and the class is one or two students more than they planned for. I thought they would have been more conservative this year...

Mar 4, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
From the email quote "Since we are near the end of the interview process this cycle, please also be aware that there is limited space remaining in the incoming class. A small number of admissions offers will be extended until the end of the cycle, but many interviewees may be placed on the waitlist until space is available in the incoming class."

‍♀ I'm only a 1.5 hour bus ride away so I'm willing to go and maximize my chances for acceptances this application cycle. Not sure I'd be willing to do so if I had to pay a few hundred dollars for a plane ticket.

SnowPreemie

2+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey this is not for a waitlist spot, it’s for one of the 204 real spots so keep your hopes high and give it your all. Everyone who has gotten an II the last few weeks has read that same quote in their invitation email. There’s always a chance. Look on the bright side - even if it is for a waitlist spot, that’s not a rejection! Applicants will come off the MCW waitlist this cycle. Crush it!!

From the email quote "Since we are near the end of the interview process this cycle, please also be aware that there is limited space remaining in the incoming class. A small number of admissions offers will be extended until the end of the cycle, but many interviewees may be placed on the waitlist until space is available in the incoming class."

‍♀ I'm only a 1.5 hour bus ride away so I'm willing to go and maximize my chances for acceptances this application cycle. Not sure I'd be willing to do so if I had to pay a few hundred dollars for a plane ticket.

Mar 5, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student, Medical Student (Accepted)
Accepted but withdrawing! Hope that helps some of you on the waitlist :)

Best of luck to everyone. This is a great school and I really enjoyed my interview

Reactions: iku-turso
Mar 5, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student, Medical Student (Accepted)
Post-II R just now. Interviewed Central Wisconsin 02/10 and absolutely devastated. They were my top choice and my only ii of the season, back to the drawing board for round 2 of applying...
Agree with i[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]ku-turso[/COLOR]! I am a successful re-applicant this cycle who was devastated being eventually rejected from the waitlist from my one school that interviewed me last year. I ended up taking the MCAT again, improving, and was super humble and honest about this experience with med schools (who I think appreciate that resilience). It is a stressful journey, but one that I think is worth it! Feel free to message me if I can help in any way.

Feb 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone know if we'll have our financial aid letter before second look?
It seems like those who are going to Second Look will find out around the same time as Second Look. If I remember correctly there is dedicated time to meet with Financial Aid during the day.

UptempoCat5

2+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee at MCW Medical School, please accept our appreciation for your interest in MCW and patience as your application was reviewed.

Interview invitations were extended to applicants throughout the cycle considering the results of a holistic application review and application completion date. At this time, we have completed a sufficient number of interviews to enroll a class of the desired size and quality for the entering class of 2019 at all of our campus locations. Since we were unable to offer you the opportunity to interview, your application has now been withdrawn.

Please know that the deliberations of the Committee’s review of your application are closed and confidential. If you plan to re-apply to MCW Medical School and have questions in preparation for re-application, you may contact the Office of Admissions to set up a meeting beginning in May.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors."

This is my second cycle applying... Last cycle I never got off of 2 waitlists, now I'm sitting on only 1 with 3 schools left to hear back from

• Wow
Reactions: rainfall9786
About the Ads