Feb 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee at MCW Medical School, please accept our appreciation for your interest in MCW and patience as your application was reviewed.

Interview invitations were extended to applicants throughout the cycle considering the results of a holistic application review and application completion date. At this time, we have completed a sufficient number of interviews to enroll a class of the desired size and quality for the entering class of 2019 at all of our campus locations. Since we were unable to offer you the opportunity to interview, your application has now been withdrawn.

Please know that the deliberations of the Committee’s review of your application are closed and confidential. If you plan to re-apply to MCW Medical School and have questions in preparation for re-application, you may contact the Office of Admissions to set up a meeting beginning in May.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors."

This is my second cycle applying... Last cycle I never got off of 2 waitlists, now I'm sitting on only 1 with 3 schools left to hear back from
Did anyone else notice the email says "entering class of 2019"?
I received this same email verbatim on March 4, 2019.
...What year is it?!

About the Ads

CaptainWEMT

Directorate of Disgruntled Cat Toys
2+ Year Member
May 14, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Aug 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry if this has already been asked, I read through a couple pages but didn't want to look through all 22. Is MCW Milwaukee required in-class attendance lecture or can you watch recorded lectures? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

Jun 8, 2018
Sorry if this has already been asked, I read through a couple pages but didn't want to look through all 22. Is MCW Milwaukee required in-class attendance lecture or can you watch recorded lectures? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!
During the interview they said nonmanditory and they record all lectures. Students routinely said they hardly ever went to lectures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zen Arcade

2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I have some very specific questions about MCW, particularly about exam and weekly schedules. If any current students could PM me I would appreciate it greatly!

Jan 10, 2019
Complete 10.10.2020.
Update 02.11.2020
Pre II R 03.10.2020.

Good luck to the rest of y'all waiting and congrats to those of you admitted!

Reactions: JessMD2020
About the Ads

yahneeks

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Received email that second look day has been canceled!

Feb 15, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Lectures are recorded, and live streamed to the satellite campuses so those students can ask questions, for the basic science curriculum.

Mar 4, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed 3/6. Post interview rejection. Oh well. So much for me deciding to interview over withdrawing my application when they straight up said I'd be interviewing for a waitlist spot at best.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: iku-turso
About the Ads

athorcommens

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed 3/6 and Accepted. Do you know when they start sending financial aid packets? I am out of state and love the school, its just so expensive compared to my state schools and I hope they could help on that end
IIRC, fin aid is early summer. No sooner than may.

athorcommens

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! I'm an M1 at Milwaukee and I'm happy to answer any questions to help you decide if MCW is a good fit for you - or if you just want more information!

Nov 6, 2018
Did anyone see the new US News and World Report rankings for medical schools? MCW just became unranked for both research and primary care, when it was ~54th in research and ~63rd in primary care last year. I know rankings don’t matter much, but I’m sad this happened! They change the metrics every year based on peer reviews, but surely they should’ve received some feedback.

Nov 6, 2018
Did anyone see the new US News and World Report rankings for medical schools? MCW just became unranked for both research and primary care, when it was ~54th in research and ~63rd in primary care last year. I know rankings don’t matter much, but I’m sad this happened! They change the metrics every year based on peer reviews, but surely they should’ve received some feedback.
I just did more research and it seems like schools are increasingly not participating in the USNR on purpose by not submitting information to them. On the other hand, if it says “Rank Not Published,” it means that the school DID provide enough info, but they just didn’t rank high enough to have their ranking published.

Reactions: ToMeToBe

Zen Arcade

2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Unranked means that MCW didn’t provide info to US News that allows them to be ranked. This is distinct from Rank Not Published which means they were ranked but didn’t make the ‘cut’. They could opt out for a variety of reasons, so I wouldn’t worry about it. The problem with US News is that the arbitrary measurements they use to decide rank are heavily weighted towards things that really don’t matter- total NIH/research funding, percentage of class going into primary care, etc. A school with a ton of funding might give students limited guidance on connecting you with labs, or the PIs might try to avoid taking on med students. It’s better to talk to actual students about their ability to get connected with good research experiences as that is the final goal once you matriculate. The metric that DOES matter to a degree is residency director ratings, which is a small factor in the final score. You can see these ratings, but you probably have to buy the US News subscription or find a post where someone lists the data on reddit/sdn. I highly doubt MCW changed much for this because established schools that have shown trustworthiness over a long period of time generally score the highest and (unless there was some big scandal I’m unaware of) this kind of metric wont drop significantly year to year. MCW typically scores around the top 40-50ish for residency director ratings so I wouldn’t worry much. If you choose to go here, you’ll be going to a good school.

About the Ads
Nov 26, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone who has been recently accepted to MCW know why it’s not listed as one of the schools under “choose your medical school?”

yahneeks

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Im 100% going to MCW milwaukee next year and im wondering if theres a facebook page for class of 2024 yet?
Yes there is - I'll PM you.

Reactions: Running4ever11

Running4ever11

2+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2016
Milwaukee
Status
Medical Student
Im 100% going to MCW milwaukee next year and im wondering if theres a facebook page for class of 2024 yet?
Can anyone share this with me as well?
Current mcw M4, matched urology, want to give important books/study materials to a good home & Dont want to have to move them across country. If interested email me at [email protected]
Or add me to the incoming mcw 2024 class group. Thanks! Good luck to all ! ☺

Mar 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
This is a financial aid question: my financial aid checklist is complete except the citizenship verification which I was told we don’t need to receive our offer, so when will this offer arrive?

About the Ads