2019-2020 NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected pre II after hold sept 16

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Beyond thrilled to have gotten accepted today. I interviewed earlier this month!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
+ 2 million R! Definitely saw this coming for a while, good luck to all those still in the running!

1574475948505.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone recommend an MMI book with practice scenarios that was particularly helpful for the NYU interviews? Or recommend anything you used to prepare that you found helpful?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone get a post-II rejection? interviewed 9/16 and got the hold email last month but haven't heard anything since

yeah, wondering if anyone got a rejection :oops:

Last edited:
What’s the latest acceptance count from Dean Rivera? Anyone interview recently care to share the update Dean Rivera usually shares at the end of the day?

anyone get a post-II rejection? interviewed 9/16 and got the hold email last month but haven't heard anything since
yeah, wondering if anyone got a rejection :oops: starting to lose hope even though its my absolute dream school since acceptances seem like they're trickling in

There were definitely some post-II R's when the initial decisions came out. I don't think there has been any R's after getting a hold post II

For those who have already interviewed, are you allowed to take notes during the actual MMI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Spam calls from New York numbers are my new worst enemy

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Yeah I don't mind sharing some advice, so anyone can PM as they like! Just glad to help

Reactions: 3 users
Had interview recently—I think I recall Dean Riviera saying they’ve given out 53 acceptances so far (I think that was the number lol, definitely fifty something), so don’t lose hope!

Also from his talk you could lowkey tell that he DEFINITELY read the big drama this thread had like ten pages ago :rofl: he was like “you know, sometimes i see people on student doctor network who...” and I was like ooooooo yes QUEEN go OFF!!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Had interview recently—I think I recall Dean Riviera saying they’ve given out 53 acceptances so far (I think that was the number lol, definitely fifty something), so don’t lose hope!

Also from his talk you could lowkey tell that he DEFINITELY read the big drama this thread had like ten pages ago :rofl: he was like “you know, sometimes i see people on student doctor network who...” and I was like ooooooo yes QUEEN go OFF!!!!!
Remind us please which version of drama you are referencing?

I have read every post in this thread the first time around. I need a reminder.
It might be tacky but I bet they are enjoying their brand new lamborghini Superleggera.
When you graduate with a 3.9+ GPA from a top ten with a pipeline to banking jobs, I say with 100 percent confidence, I could've went to goldman if I wanted to. I had friends with 3.5 GPAs going to JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley.

There are many examples of drama in this thread. Here are two examples. It really wasn't that difficult to click back a few pages and read.

• Haha
Anyone gotten off the Post-Interview hold yet?

Reactions: 2 users
I’m pretty sure most post interview holds are gonna find out in January. It’s best to try to forget about NYU decisions until they’re scheduled to all come out next month.
October 15th I was staring at my phone to get a call but now I’m expecting the R or WL and have come to peace w it

Reactions: 4 users
Approx. how many days/weeks after y'all interviewed did you hear about A or Hold?

Do MSTP applicants also get put hold on ever? Or that exclusive to MD admissions

Admitted MSTP yesterday- is there a fb page?

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
So do you have to crush the mmi in order to get the A here. Seems like it’ll be impossible to filter so many students for so many few seats

Edit: also just to keep everyone informed. There are currently 57/110 offers of admission sent so far

Double edit: Dean Rivera really is as funny as everyone says. Also no hate to other deans but it was refreshing to see a non old white man as the dean of admissions

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
is 110 what they expect to offer including after waitlist?

No. I believe Dean Rivera said that it gets up close to 150 after the waitlist. But could vary year to year.