2019-2020 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Speaking of, does AACOMAS have a way of having students choose and commit to a school? I hear a lot about the process for MD schools but I’m not too sure what needs to be done, if anything, to commit to Rowan

Taken from ACCOMAS website "Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn"

Members don't see this ad.

Taken from ACCOMAS website "Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges are asked to report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn"
Makes sense. I read this too but wasn’t sure if it meant withdraw all acceptances or if we had to withdraw all prior applications sent through AACOMAS. Thank you.

Makes sense. I read this too but wasn’t sure if it meant withdraw all acceptances or if we had to withdraw all prior applications sent through AACOMAS. Thank you.
No I don't think you need to withdraw apps only acceptances. Then if you get another acceptance you do the same thing again.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Some people were literally accepted in June and even in July before classes started according to last year's thread. Still hope
I was told we have a good chance of getting accepted up to July 12th. I was told HPWL is most likely getting in but of course they can't say 100%. I'm on the regular one and my hopes are super high. Interviews are ending much earlier this year so I'm hopeing the waitlistss will be shorter

I was told we have a good chance of getting accepted up to July 12th. I was told HPWL is most likely getting in but of course they can't say 100%. I'm on the regular one and my hopes are super high. Interviews are ending much earlier this year so I'm hopeing the waitlistss will be shorter

I wish you the best of luck then, hope we can be classmates!

So I have an acceptance elsewhere and have paid a deposit already. I am on the HPWL at Rowan and 100% want to go to Rowan if accepted. If I don't come off the HPWL before May 15, what are the chances they actually rescind my application? Anyone have any insight?

So I have an acceptance elsewhere and have paid a deposit already. I am on the HPWL at Rowan and 100% want to go to Rowan if accepted. If I don't come off the HPWL before May 15, what are the chances they actually rescind my application? Anyone have any insight?
When were you put on the HPWL?

I don't have any clue about the chances of them rescinding your app, but at least you know they would have to give you a 15 day notice in which case you could tell them your intent to matriculate but that you haven't heard from them yet and then they'd most likely make a decision regarding your position

Members don't see this ad :)
When were you put on the HPWL?

I don't have any clue about the chances of them rescinding your app, but at least you know they would have to give you a 15 day notice in which case you could tell them your intent to matriculate but that you haven't heard from them yet and then they'd most likely make a decision regarding your position

Was placed on HPL about 2 weeks ago

Are they still sending out interview invites?

Does anyone know if the admissions staff is accepting phone calls currently (given the situation with the coronavirus)?

Does anyone know if the admissions staff is accepting phone calls currently (given the situation with the coronavirus)?
I called on Monday with a quick question and they’re still open! If you can’t reach them by phone try email.

Last edited:
Any movement on the hpwl?
I just called now and she said no movement recently. Ugh we got to hang in there! She also sounded a little annoyed and was like if you get accepted you would know by email and phone. They must be getting a lot of calls now since admissions just met on Friday.

Last edited:
I got the same reply with the same tone pretty much. I'm gonna hold off on calling for a bit. Let's hang in there tho. Was put on HPWL 01/03 and interviewed 11/13 so hopefully I find out in April. If I get it in July though, I'll still take it.
I was put on regular waitlist 12/23 interviewed 12/7. I know the most movement will happen in April when everyone has pick one MD school and again the end of May when people pick one DO school. Despite being on the regular wt I still have my hopes.

Has anyone heard a reply that interviewed on 2/18. We were told we were most likely to hear back after the third week of March, but I know corona has been interfering with the world, just wondering if anyone heard from them yet?

I was put on regular waitlist 12/23 interviewed 12/7. I know the most movement will happen in April when everyone has pick one MD school and again the end of May when people pick one DO school. Despite being on the regular wt I still have my hopes.
did your email say regular waitlist or alternate list?

Does anyone know if they are still giving out II? The last few years' threads said they stopped at the end of March but with the COVID situation that might have changed?
Also if II are done do they do silent rejections or should I expect an email?

Also does anyone know how many interviews they usually give out? Like how many interviews they give out vs how many they accept?

I just got an email saying the application cycle has ended for this cycle. It didn't say how many interviews they gave out, just "we have more applicants/interviews than we do seats".

Does anyone know if they are still giving out II? The last few years' threads said they stopped at the end of March but with the COVID situation that might have changed?
I was told a few wks ago that this wk would be the last wk of interviews but things change wk to wk. I think every one was told my now if they will get an interview. But it can't hurt to call Any way

They will send an email

Does anyone have additonal information on the Pre-matric program? I tried googling it but couldn't find any schedule details.

Reactions: 1 users
Primary Completed: 7/30/19

Secondary Offered: 8/12/19

Secondary/Application Completed: 10/9/19 (late due to personal emergency)
* found out about two weeks later that I had accidentally put another school's name in response to one of my secondary questions - I immediately addressed this with the school and resubmitted the question, but I knew it was pretty much over after that LOL)

Application "Under Review": 10/29/19

Rejection: 3/26/20

Goodluck all!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Quick q. Would anyone choose an OOS MD school with higher tuition or an in-state DO school?
Anyone know how the merger will affect DOs compared to MDs?

Thank you.

Hi all,

Quick q. Would anyone choose an OOS MD school with higher tuition or an in-state DO school?
Anyone know how the merger will affect DOs compared to MDs?

Thank you.
Always the US MD > US DO, even with a great school like Rowan. It is worth the extra investment to leave more doors open.

Always the US MD > US DO, even with a great school like Rowan. It is worth the extra investment to leave more doors open.
I strongly disagree . The residency results show that both are sufficient since the merger of MD and DO. Pick the school that you will be happier at not money or the letters at the end of your name. There will always be bills.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received confirmation that their Certiphi background check has come back yet? I filled out the form almost 2 weeks ago and it still says not completed on Certiphi’s website. I assume it’ll be delayed due to COVID, but I just want to know if anyone else is in the same position I’m in!

Has anyone received confirmation that their Certiphi background check has come back yet? I filled out the form almost 2 weeks ago and it still says not completed on Certiphi’s website. I assume it’ll be delayed due to COVID, but I just want to know if anyone else is in the same position I’m in!

Yes, it took a little longer than the 5 business days, but I got an email when it was completed.

Thanks for the email, Rowan! I'm definitely interested in your MBS program after your hearty rejection!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
i got mine back on 3/17

any movement on any WL? getting so anxious and really don't want to pay the 2k deposit for another school
I haven't called since last time I posted here but I was told the most movement is this month. I know the committee is meeting this Friday so let's see.