2019-2020 UC Davis

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, I didn't because some medical students at UCDSOM told me to do those only if you're genuinely interested in them and have the experience to back up your interest.

Damn. What do you do if you're interested in the programs, but would rather do a different specialty like emergency medicine, sports med, etc.?
 
Damn. What do you do if you're interested in the programs, but would rather do a different specialty like emergency medicine, sports med, etc.?
If you are interested you should definitely talk to someone who is in the program so they could give you more insight. I don't know how choosing specialty works in this case.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry if this is a repost, but are we just supposed to just rephrase our primary W/A section? I have no idea what the point of this secondary is tbh
 
how long did it take you guys for your application to be complete after submission of LOR?
 
No, I didn't because some medical students at UCDSOM told me to do those only if you're genuinely interested in them and have the experience to back up your interest.
What about if your interested, but don't necessarily have a lot of experience? For example, I'm interested in the ARC-MD program, but only did research for a year under an MSTP, but don't really have much to show for it.

Also, do y'all know if the conversion from quarter units to semester is basically dividing quarter units earned by half?

Appreciate any responses.
 
UCD sent me an email saying they received my primary on 7.17 but so far I still haven't gotten a II. My stats are on par with this school and I'm IS from Norcal (Santa Cruz). Should I be concerned?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't received a secondary, but I got the "application received" email for my primary on 6/28. At this point should I assume I'm not getting one? Yikes
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody else having trouble with the "fee paid" thing?

Though I guess they're not wrong in my case... I had the secondary app fee waived.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it will hurt to not go to the "optional" student run clinic session on Saturday after the Friday interview. Really do not want to spend an extra day in Sacramento if I do not have to! Will it actually affect my admission chances?
 
Do you think it will hurt to not go to the "optional" student run clinic session on Saturday after the Friday interview. Really do not want to spend an extra day in Sacramento if I do not have to! Will it actually affect my admission chances?
I wouldn’t think that would matter