2019-2020 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, I didn't because some medical students at UCDSOM told me to do those only if you're genuinely interested in them and have the experience to back up your interest.

Damn. What do you do if you're interested in the programs, but would rather do a different specialty like emergency medicine, sports med, etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

Damn. What do you do if you're interested in the programs, but would rather do a different specialty like emergency medicine, sports med, etc.?
If you are interested you should definitely talk to someone who is in the program so they could give you more insight. I don't know how choosing specialty works in this case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! As an IS, no NorCal connections, LM 75 applicant, should I be concerned about no secondary yet?

Edit: Also, I was verified 7/1!

For anyone, the default reaction is to be concerned, so I can't blame you. However, it's best to be concerned with those that you have control over. Like your essays for the other schools that sent you secondaries.

Reactions: 1 users
sorry if this is a repost, but are we just supposed to just rephrase our primary W/A section? I have no idea what the point of this secondary is tbh

Hi! As an IS, no NorCal connections, LM 75 applicant, should I be concerned about no secondary yet?

Edit: Also, I was verified 7/1!

I really don't think so. I have buddies from UC Davis with LM of 73-76 who haven't gotten it yet. Here's to hoping!

Reactions: 1 user
how long did it take you guys for your application to be complete after submission of LOR?

how long did it take you guys for your application to be complete after submission of LOR?
Within a business day. I found that when I submit my applications on the weekends they are not considered complete until the next business day.

Thanks!! Im excited. Earliest interview date was 8/16/19, Stats are in my signature, and complete 7/9/19

No, I didn't because some medical students at UCDSOM told me to do those only if you're genuinely interested in them and have the experience to back up your interest.
What about if your interested, but don't necessarily have a lot of experience? For example, I'm interested in the ARC-MD program, but only did research for a year under an MSTP, but don't really have much to show for it.

Also, do y'all know if the conversion from quarter units to semester is basically dividing quarter units earned by half?

Appreciate any responses.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCD sent me an email saying they received my primary on 7.17 but so far I still haven't gotten a II. My stats are on par with this school and I'm IS from Norcal (Santa Cruz). Should I be concerned?

UCD sent me an email saying they received my primary on 7.17 but so far I still haven't gotten a II. My stats are on par with this school and I'm IS from Norcal (Santa Cruz). Should I be concerned?
You mean secondary or II?

I still haven't received a secondary, but I got the "application received" email for my primary on 6/28. At this point should I assume I'm not getting one? Yikes

I still haven't received a secondary, but I got the "application received" email for my primary on 6/28. At this point should I assume I'm not getting one? Yikes

Weird. What are your stats like?

UC Davis likes NorCal applicants. UC Riverside likes SoCal applicants.
SoCal Resident here, got Davis but not Riverside. Sometimes its a matter of mission fit/luck/timing as well, so try not to sweat it too much secondaries may still be rolling out slowly.

Finally received secondary 8:33 am this morning!

Got my secondary application invite today at 11:33 AM!

Stats: MCAT 511; GPA 3.82

No II yet for me, I graduate from UCDavis so I was really hoping for an Interview. Starting to lose hope though.
Im in the same situation as you but it is still very early in the cycle

Anybody else having trouble with the "fee paid" thing?

Though I guess they're not wrong in my case... I had the secondary app fee waived.

Just submitted the secondary!

Just received an II! Does anybody know how I should practice for it? I’m nervous and this is my first one lol

Reactions: 3 users
For whats it's worth I'll put my stats up here:
IS from SoCal with ties to NorCal
Secondary Complete 7/29
MCAT: 504
Science GPA: 3.32
Overall GPA: 3.58

I applied to the TEACH-MD program as well.

Did you get an II or just posting?

Do you think it will hurt to not go to the "optional" student run clinic session on Saturday after the Friday interview. Really do not want to spend an extra day in Sacramento if I do not have to! Will it actually affect my admission chances?

Do you think it will hurt to not go to the "optional" student run clinic session on Saturday after the Friday interview. Really do not want to spend an extra day in Sacramento if I do not have to! Will it actually affect my admission chances?
No

I wouldn’t think that would matter

I was verified a month ago and still no secondary, should I call? Socal resident