2019-2020 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve been silent since I turned in my secondary back in August

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 surprised I haven’t gotten the R yet

Perhaps a handful of people who didnt get holded will get a last second II maybe in May...if they find too many accepted people leave for other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
any haider applicants heard back yet? I haven't since jan

At my interview (in March) they said admissions would be really slow because they have already accepted more than the class size so I doubt we will see any offers being sent out until after April 15th and 30th as some students start withdrawing their offers from UCR! so if you haven’t heard back i think it’s a silent waitlist pretty much!
(Just my thoughts though) UCR commitment day is May 15th so I think there will be quiet a bit movement fairly quickly!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone try calling to see what the update is? they didn't answer my phone last time i tried
When I emailed admissions, they said that their staff is working remotely and don’t have access to their phones so the best way to reach out would be by email!

At my interview (in March) they said admissions would be really slow because they have already accepted more than the class size so I doubt we will see any offers being sent out until after April 15th and 30th as some students start withdrawing their offers from UCR! so if you haven’t heard back i think it’s a silent waitlist pretty much!
(Just my thoughts though) UCR commitment day is May 15th so I think there will be quiet a bit movement fairly quickly!
Surprised but not too much that they have already accepted more than the class size. I wonder by how much and how much of that group they plan to yield

Surprised but not too much that they have already accepted more than the class size. I wonder by how much and how much of that group they plan to yield
Yea. Well I mean by March 15th they had to accept at least 70 students. Idk but they said last year they had 128 acceptances sent out by the end of the cycle to get a class of 77! Not sure how much yield will change with step 1 being P/F. Just have to be hold off for another few weeks!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Yea. Well I mean by March 15th they had to accept at least 70 students. Idk but they said last year they had 128 acceptances sent out by the end of the cycle to get a class of 77! Not sure how much yield will change with step 1 being P/F. Just have to be hold off for another few weeks!!!
What was the significance of March 15th where they had to have at least 70 acceptances sent out?

What was the significance of March 15th where they had to have at least 70 acceptances sent out?
Every school has to send out the same amount of acceptances as there are seats in the class by March 15th per AAMC admission protocols. This is true for all MD schools.

Every school has to send out the same amount of acceptances as there are seats in the class by March 15th per AAMC admission protocols. This is true for all MD schools.
Wasn’t aware, thank you!!

Withdrew my A here! Good luck fellow Haider people ❤️

Reactions: 3 users
Judging from last year’s thread there was barely any waitlist movement. Do you guys think this year will be a little different?

Judging from last year’s thread there was barely any waitlist movement. Do you guys think this year will be a little different?
I think UCR in that regard is a bit weird.... I’ll post what I told someone else not too long ago

Well also note that this is a silent WL. No one knows when they’re “placed” on it but more so are just made aware of the fact that they aren’t accepted (yet). So we don’t know how UCR determines what’s a WL candidate for MSAR purposes, but only to us applicants that “if you don’t hear back in 2-3 weeks then assume you’re on the WL”. There’s no direct written or verbal communication of one’s placement on the WL, only the assumption of such.

So my thinking/logic is unlike most other schools, there’s no explicit communication of a WL, therefore I think applicants just got acceptance calls and said “got an A!” Not “got off the WL!” last cycle. While there is a “silent WL” people aren’t necessarily saying they got off the WL just that they got their acceptance.

Last edited:
I think UCR in that regard is a bit weird.... I’ll post what I told someone else not too long ago

Well also note that this is a silent WL. No one knows when they’re “placed” on it but more so are just made aware of the fact that they aren’t accepted (yet). So we don’t know how UCR determines what’s a WL candidate for MSAR purposes, but only to us applicants that “if you don’t hear back in 2-3 weeks then assume you’re on the WL”. There’s no direct written or verbal communication of one’s placement on the WL, only the assumption of such.

So my thinking/logic is unlike most other schools, there’s no explicit communication of a WL, therefore I think applicants just got acceptance calls and said “got an A!” Not “got off the WL!” last cycle. While there is a “silent WL” people aren’t necessarily saying they got off the WL just that they got their acceptance.
Yeah I see what you're saying, but if you look at it in terms of anyone saying they got accepted in May it almost seems like no one posted about getting an acceptance that late in the cycle either way I hope there's some good movement this year. I got into a high rank out of state but would much rather go here since it's 10 minutes away from home and much cheaper.

We will hopefully see some movement at UCR in the next two weeks! Best of luck to all of us who are still waiting for a decision :)

Reactions: 8 users
I've been on the "silent waitlist" since september I really hope the wait is worth it. UCR is definitely my top choice.

Reactions: 3 users
So..do they not send out any rejections..cuz ive been just silent. Is it a waitlist or a rejection LOL..

So..do they not send out any rejections..cuz ive been just silent. Is it a waitlist or a rejection LOL..
Yea from what I’ve heard they don’t send out rejections to interviewed students. Someone correct me if that’s wrong! Lol

you’re pretty much on waitlist until you get accepted and then you can assume rejection. According to msar, they sent out their last acceptance near the end of July.

Like every week since we interviewed, it’s gonna be a long week of waiting here’s to hoping!

Reactions: 6 users
Damn I really hope they’re giving out more acceptances
We also have to remember that this is all PRE CTE. Just like PTE, the school won’t receive the numbers of those who CTE until the earliest tomorrow. So I’m guessing they’ll know for sure how many seats they have left to fill.

Did your friend receive an acceptance email? I got the acceptance call today but I haven’t received the email they said they’d send. I’m a haider applicant !
Mind sharing when you interviewed?

Got the call on Friday but I withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 2 users