2019-2020 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Based on last year’s thread, they gave accepted students 2 business days after the CTE date to accept their offer...or their acceptance would be withdrawn.

Not sure if that’s the case this year. If it is, they will withdraw acceptances starting Wednesday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed admissions and asked if the class was full and if they were anticipating any more movement I’ll let you know what they say

Reactions: 4 users
Lol they just said my application is waitlisted and they may have movement up until July so not really a helpful
answer

Lol they just said my application is waitlisted and they may have movement up until July so not really a helpful
answer
Ouch but I can see some positives in their response. Due to the nature of CTE, applicants would have to withdraw from all of their waitlisted schools, effectively limiting them to the one CTE school (unless I’m wrong someone please correct me). So if they were truly full, that would mean everyone had CTE’d already and couldn’t really switch to another school (again idk if this is a hard and fast rule) and then there would be no spots available now or ever unless someone just had to absolutely drop or defer or something along those lines. So my rationale is if they truly meant what they told you and that movement could still occur, then perhaps they are still seats available. How how many and how frequent will offers be made, only UCR knows. Thoughts?

Last edited:
i give up hahah ucr is known for doing this...my friend last year didnt hear back until the day before their orientation. thankfully he was already accepted to another program. but he did want to come here and was waiting for so long, kinda crazy to make so many students just on hold.

i give up hahah ucr is known for doing this...my friend last year didnt hear back until the day before their orientation. thankfully he was already accepted to another program. but he did want to come here and was waiting for so long, kinda crazy to make so many students just on hold.
Do we know approximately how many students are put on the WL?

Do we know approximately how many students are put on the WL?
i think if you aren't accepted, then you are on silent waitlist. they really should let us know...either waitlist or rejected. i think its a courtesy...not just leave us all hanging...i literally havent got a single email from them since my interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone attend the dinner in February and still not hear back???

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought everyone who interviewed was invited to that?
My only guess is that some would’ve assumed going to that dinner would’ve shown commitment And interest To the school due to being involved in their own events

Reactions: 1 user
Ouch but I can see some positives in their response. Due to the nature of CTE, applicants would have to withdraw from all of their waitlisted schools, effectively limiting them to the one CTE school (unless I’m wrong someone please correct me). So if they were truly full, that would mean everyone had CTE’d already and couldn’t really switch to another school (again idk if this is a hard and fast rule) and then there would be no spots available now or ever unless someone just had to absolutely drop or defer or something along those lines. So my rationale is if they truly meant what they told you and that movement could still occur, then perhaps they are still seats available. How how many and how frequent will offers be made, only UCR knows. Thoughts?
I don't want to give out false hope here but I think that your logic is correct. many schools have CTE deadlines that are in july, even as late as august, and until then, students who have selected the plan to enroll option (rather than CTE) do not have to worry about having their acceptance rescinded until that july/august date. It may be that a certain group of students accepted to UCR have not officially selected CTE and have only selected plan to enroll (maybe even at this point those accepted to UCR still want to see if any other acceptances come up), as it is possible to put the deposit down and be considered a student without selecting the CTE option on the aamc website. I think that while there aren't any true open spots yet, they cannot outright reject those on the waitlist until everyone on their current accepted list has selected CTE (meaning they have withdrawn all other acceptances/waitlists, just like you said), sorry if thats confusing, but I think its worth it to see what happens in July

I don't want to give out false hope here but I think that your logic is correct. many schools have CTE deadlines that are in july, even as late as august, and until then, students who have selected the plan to enroll option (rather than CTE) do not have to worry about having their acceptance rescinded until that july/august date. It may be that a certain group of students accepted to UCR have not officially selected CTE and have only selected plan to enroll (maybe even at this point those accepted to UCR still want to see if any other acceptances come up), as it is possible to put the deposit down and be considered a student without selecting the CTE option on the aamc website. I think that while there aren't any true open spots yet, they cannot outright reject those on the waitlist until everyone on their current accepted list has selected CTE (meaning they have withdrawn all other acceptances/waitlists, just like you said), sorry if thats confusing, but I think its worth it to see what happens in July
Kinda piggybacking off of what @babygreenbeans said, by CTE if you have an acceptance you have to commit or you run the risk of having said acceptance rescinded. Now I know that schools will typically give some kind of shortened timeline to make a decision (like 48 hours, 5 days, etc) but that decision isn’t a PTE but rather a CTE. So by now IF there were spots available, it would be because the spot is actually not occupied rather than someone having that acceptance and selecting PTE over CTE. One thing however, we did just get out of Memorial Day weekend so given that they weren’t “in office” Monday, those activities typically reserved for the start of the week would have been delayed by a day.

Hey, hope everyone is doing well! Just also wanted to add that this week (tomorrow actually) is the SOM Commencement so perhaps they have been busy with everything regarding that. Also, I know this is a stressful time but I want to remind everyone they are more than just a particular school's applicant. You are all wonderful people who have so much intelligence and have people who love and care about you supporting you as well. PLEASE take care of your mental/emotional health as we are all aware of just how stressful this process can be. I wish all of us the best,take care and be safe!

Reactions: 6 users
does the admissions office pick up any calls rn? anyone tried?
they never respond to my email...

They just thanked me for the update and said my application is still waitlisted and could be notified as late as July.
IF they responded to your email like this, I think you are being looked at favorably. Ofcourse nothing is gauranteed, but I had a similar thing happen at my TOP school HPWL. I received a similar response from the Dean of Admissions and got off the HPWL two days latter. Good luck desertpremed, you are their gal.

Reactions: 1 users
IF they responded to your email like this, I think you are being looked at favorably. Ofcourse nothing is gauranteed, but I had a similar thing happen at my TOP school HPWL. I received a similar response from the Dean of Admissions and got off the HPWL two days latter. Good luck desertpremed, you are their gal.
:) I appreciate the encouragement!

Are you emailing general med admissions or one of the deans?

When did you send your update email and how long after did they respond, if you dont mind me asking?
I emailed them sunday night and got a reply monday morning. I sent the email to medadmissions but addressed it to the admissions committee.

I’m fairly sure there will be very little to no movement since the CTE date has past for UCR.

I’ll be withdrawing since my CTE for the school I’m holding an acceptance at is coming up! I waited till the last second

Best of luck to those still waiting! I sincerely do hope y’all get in and that there are more spots available!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Yea Im gonna CTE for another school as well. I think its pretty much over for UCR :(

I'm not interested in this school anymore, but I find it absolutely wild to interview and not even hear a decision. I flew across the country to attend this interview ($450) and actually spent time preparing for this... and they can't even tell me if I was WL or R?

Not cool.
i totally agree, whether a waitlist or rejection, the school should let us know. im not interested anymore too, committed to other school. but the way they handle this is not cool. they need to change this system.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call a few days ago and I've decided to commit! If anyone wants info about it I'd be happy to answer any questions!

Just got the call a few days ago and I've decided to commit! If anyone wants info about it I'd be happy to answer any questions!
Welcome to the dream team. Join the Facebook page as well as the groupme page.