-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 UNC - Chapel Hill
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You guys are getting caught up on the term, I'm asking about the story in general. Undocumented immigrant. There, now how would an admissions committee view this answer. Too political or ok?
Intentional or not, the fact that you used that term makes me worry about how you’ll write other portions of the essay even if you switch the vocabulary. Do you have any other ideas in mind we can help pick out?
K, thanks for the helps guys.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did this ever resolve for you? I submitted last night and today it says awaiting payment now
I personally got declined the FAP waiver by UNC unfortunately so decided to go ahead and skip this secondary given I’m OOS.
goblinxoxo
Full Member
Dang. I wonder how they even decide. I'm OOS too and I got approved the day after I made the requestI personally got declined the FAP waiver by UNC unfortunately so decided to go ahead and skip this secondary given I’m OOS.
9
977968
Hey guys. I completely didn't see the CASPer date tab- I had taken CASPer, but I only put in the date today; I was told in an email that I had until July30th to finish and submit the secondary. I did that, paid, and submitted, but will not inputting my previous CASPer test date until today force UNC to withdraw my application since technically I wasn't complete by the date they mentioned?
D
deleted972488
I think you'll be fine but you could call and ask.Hey guys. I completely didn't see the CASPer date tab- I had taken CASPer, but I only put in the date today; I was told in an email that I had until July30th to finish and submit the secondary. I did that, paid, and submitted, but will not inputting my previous CASPer test date until today force UNC to withdraw my application since technically I wasn't complete by the date they mentioned?
Medical AI
Full Member
Did they email you with the decision?Dang. I wonder how they even decide. I'm OOS too and I got approved the day after I made the request
Did you guys fill out a separate form to request the waiver? I never had any sort of payment screen and after I submitted it just said “pending payment.” I’m an instate FAP recipientDid they email you with the decision?
Medical AI
Full Member
Same. No additional form. I think they email us with a decision.Did you guys fill out a separate form to request the waiver? I never had any sort of payment screen and after I submitted it just said “pending payment.” I’m an instate FAP recipient
just logged back into the portal and there's now a place to submit payment with a credit card. I didn't receive an email about getting declined the waiver. I'm curious to know how they decide who gets one or not...Same. No additional form. I think they email us with a decision.
Medical AI
Full Member
One plausible explanation is that AAMC provides them with your info.just logged back into the portal and there's now a place to submit payment with a credit card. I didn't receive an email about getting declined the waiver. I'm curious to know how they decide who gets one or not...
Bigmedicineguy
Applying 2019-2020 Cycle
Never received a complete email. But portal says awaiting decision. Already filled out the Casper date. Does this mean I’m complete or am I missing something?
D
deleted972488
You’re goodNever received a complete email. But portal says awaiting decision. Already filled out the Casper date. Does this mean I’m complete or am I missing something?
D
deleted972488
Did you also do the "CASPer certification" on the portal?Just to go off the previous person, my portal just says "Application Status for xxxxxx - Awaiting Submission", but I just submitted and paid and below that it says Application submitted: August 10, 2019. Am I good? Submitted casper already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you also do the "CASPer certification" on the portal?
omg you saved my life. now officially done haha
Did you also do the "CASPer certification" on the portal?
😱 didn't even see that!! ugh thanks for making me check. I've been finished for weeks too.
Anyone else having a bad time with the login? I've had the portal say that my login credentials are wrong twice now, and when I go to forget password, it says my email doesn't exist. I contacted admissions the first time, and they were able to send me a password reset, and I was able to submit my secondary. Now I'm just trying to check on my app, but it says I don't exist again 🙁. Gonna email them again, but I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a "Silent Reject" for me because they don't actually receive my app that I paid for.
D
deleted972488
This happened to me before... they randomly changed my login to another email address associated with my amcas account.Anyone else having a bad time with the login? I've had the portal say that my login credentials are wrong twice now, and when I go to forget password, it says my email doesn't exist. I contacted admissions the first time, and they were able to send me a password reset, and I was able to submit my secondary. Now I'm just trying to check on my app, but it says I don't exist again 🙁. Gonna email them again, but I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a "Silent Reject" for me because they don't actually receive my app that I paid for.
This happened to me yesterday. Going to email them about it too...I'll be sad if it's a silent rejection 🙁Anyone else having a bad time with the login? I've had the portal say that my login credentials are wrong twice now, and when I go to forget password, it says my email doesn't exist. I contacted admissions the first time, and they were able to send me a password reset, and I was able to submit my secondary. Now I'm just trying to check on my app, but it says I don't exist again 🙁. Gonna email them again, but I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a "Silent Reject" for me because they don't actually receive my app that I paid for.
D
deleted972488
It’s not... it happened to me too. Try a different email address.This happened to me yesterday. Going to email them about it too...I'll be sad if it's a silent rejection 🙁
D
deleted972488
II 🙂
7
710118
II just now! OOS but ties to the state
D
deleted971841
II 🙂
II just now! OOS but ties to the state
At 9:30pm on a Saturday, huh? Y’all are so important adcoms are meeting during late night happy hour to discuss you.II as well!!
D
deleted972488
I literally had just gotten home from going out in Chapel Hill, too (and I don’t live in Chapel Hill).At 9:30pm on a Saturday, huh? Y’all are so important adcoms are meeting during late night happy hour to discuss you.
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty odd time for an II. Just goes to show, always be on the lookout (which doesn't help the neuroticism does itAt 9:30pm on a Saturday, huh? Y’all are so important adcoms are meeting during late night happy hour to discuss you.
)
7
710118
Do they have specific days for in state vs out of state interviews? I am trying to select a day and it says "thanks for selecting an interview for in state students"??
D
deleted996731
I want to know all the schools you got an ii at but I’m too lazy to check. Wanna pm me and congrats btw!II as well!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted971841
Yeah no, I’m going to continue on believing that nothing happens between 6pm Friday - 10am Monday. It’s better that way lol.Pretty odd time for an II. Just goes to show, always be on the lookout (which doesn't help the neuroticism does it)
II!!
D
deleted972488
Lol. I also had one come at 11:30 PM last Saturday. You really never know.Pretty odd time for an II. Just goes to show, always be on the lookout (which doesn't help the neuroticism does it)
Doesn't mean it can't happen 🙂Congrats all! I'm a UNC double legacy but... my MCAT score is not competitive for OOS. Happy all you future tarheels!!
Can't happen if I don't apply haha. They say on MSAR they want like 514 for OOS and ya girl don't got that
Hey if there's one thing I have learned from this cycle, it is have a little faith in yourself
Guess UNC will be missing out though
Everyone needs a little happiness, especially when dealing with all this craziness 🙂 glad I could brighten the day a bit for yayou're sweet, @u_raptor - that legit brought a smile to my face and today has been fraught with anxiety. Thank you
But really though, you are gonna do great I am sure. UNC or not!
Ayyyy UNC I was trying to enjoy my camping trip now you gotta make me frantically research interview questions and book my flight
Did you also do the "CASPer certification" on the portal?
Thank you for saving my life. When did you schedule your interview? And are you IS?
II last night!
D
deleted972488
10/4, ISThank you for saving my life. When did you schedule your interview? And are you IS?
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing stats??II last night!
people who got interviews, when did you submit your secondaries?
D
deleted972488
7/10people who got interviews, when did you submit your secondaries?
7/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted966978
II last night!! first of the cycle 🙂 secondary submitted 7/13 but didn't do Casper certification until 7/22
D
deleted862054
people who got interviews, when did you submit your secondaries?
around 7/25
8/2
people who got interviews, when did you submit your secondaries?
Ayyy. Nice. I’m 9/13 and IS too. I couldn’t help scheduling it ASAP
didn't mean to tag you on the last post, but I will see you 9/13Ayyy. Nice. I’m 9/13 and IS too. I couldn’t help scheduling it ASAP
Anyone else get any II? Are they doing IS first?