2019-2020 UNC - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the review of your app happens right after the interview? Stressing b/c I scheduled my interview early, and wanted to know if that's a disadvantage vs. scheduling it later.

Does anyone know if the review of your app happens right after the interview? Stressing b/c I scheduled my interview early, and wanted to know if that's a disadvantage vs. scheduling it later.
Scheduling earlier is typically an advantage as long as you are prepped for the interview. No idea when the review, whether immediately after or during a meeting later on

Reactions: 1 user
Scheduling earlier is typically an advantage as long as you are prepped for the interview. No idea when the review, whether immediately after or during a meeting later on

*has 23 II's* lol save us some sauce yooooo

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
yo guys i think i figured out something - adcoms must be reviewing apps in alphabetical order of Last names

they'll get to me later right :')

Reactions: 1 users
yo guys i think i figured out something - adcoms must be reviewing apps in alphabetical order of Last names

they'll get to me later right :')

This is entirely untrue based on the people I know that have gotten interviews lol...IS here. But nice try :laugh: Hopefully we will also hear something soon! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete 7/15. LM 74. And I saw just the 10/14 and 10/28 dates as well.

• Love
No II love yet from my own alma mater. Would love to come back but I'm OOS so small chance :dead:

There’s still plenty of time, don’t give up! As a wise man once said, “The ceiling is the roof.”

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye

found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?

I think you still have a decent shot at most schools, but I would not say you have a great chance at UNC since it’s not too OOS friendly even for early applicants. Focus on your state schools for sure! Hope this helps

OOS admission is tough unless you have connections to the school (and even so then)

This was also the only school on my list that didnt accept the AMCAS fee waiver. #RichUNC

I'll be flying in a day before my interview and would like to get a vibe of the area since I haven't been before. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I'll be flying in a day before my interview and would like to get a vibe of the area since I haven't been before. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I can't help in terms of social life, but I used to have a GF at CH so I was there quite a bit. Food wise, TOPO gives a beautiful look of the area and Franklin St. But it's more on the expensive side. Spicy 9 is a good sushi place I went to. If you like Mediterranean I highly recommend Kipos (but I'm biased bc my step dad is Greek and knows the owners lol).

in general if you want to know what the area is like, walking on Franklin St. Is like the go to. If you start at the Starbucks on it and go either way, you can see a good bit iirc

Reactions: 2 users

I can't help in terms of social life, but I used to have a GF at CH so I was there quite a bit. Food wise, TOPO gives a beautiful look of the area and Franklin St. But it's more on the expensive side. Spicy 9 is a good sushi place I went to. If you like Mediterranean I highly recommend Kipos (but I'm biased bc my step dad is Greek and knows the owners lol).

in general if you want to know what the area is like, walking on Franklin St. Is like the go to. If you start at the Starbucks on it and go either way, you can see a good bit iirc
I’ll echo this. There isn’t much to chapel hill itself other than campus and Franklin Street. The best way to get a vibe for it is to walk up and down franklin street. You pretty much can’t go wrong with any of the bars or restaurants. Linda’s is a classic (pretty good pub food and drinks) and is right across from campus at one end of franklin street. At the other end is Carrboro, which is a nice area to live and also has its share of good restaurants.

Reactions: 2 users

Perhaps this has been debunked and is the reason you're asking, but UNC does not consider an OOS applicant to be competitive with a <514 MCAT.

Perhaps this has been debunked and is the reason you're asking, but UNC does not consider an OOS applicant to be competitive with a <514 MCAT.
Yea I agree. Edp for unc oos may have been a bad move

I’ll echo this. There isn’t much to chapel hill itself other than campus and Franklin Street. The best way to get a vibe for it is to walk up and down franklin street. You pretty much can’t go wrong with any of the bars or restaurants. Linda’s is a classic (pretty good pub food and drinks) and is right across from campus at one end of franklin street. At the other end is Carrboro, which is a nice area to live and also has its share of good restaurants.

Thanks for info!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if UNC plans to wait until late December to begin releasing admissions decisions like they have in the past?

Does anyone know if UNC plans to wait until late December to begin releasing admissions decisions like they have in the past?
I thought they started on Oct 15 and were rolling, based on MSAR? Could be very wrong about that

Anyone post-interview get any student group email from adcoms? At the interview 9/13 they said they would be sending an email with student group contacts that spoke, as well as some of our campus tour guides for questions.

Anyone post-interview get any student group email from adcoms? At the interview 9/13 they said they would be sending an email with student group contacts that spoke, as well as some of our campus tour guides for questions.
Not yet.

Hi, quick question for those who have had II. Do I need to respond directly to UNC's e-mail? Is signing up for an interview date a valid response or should I also send back a personal e-mail?

Hi, quick question for those who have had II. Do I need to respond directly to UNC's e-mail? Is signing up for an interview date a valid response or should I also send back a personal e-mail?

No. Schedule your date. That's it. They probably wouldn't have even looked if you had done it tbh