You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Utah
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks! I was wondering if you knew what percentage of your incoming class, and historically that Utah accepts, is first-time applicants and re-applicants? I've heard a lot that Utah is very friendly to re-applicants so I was curious to know what portion of the incoming classes is made up of them verse first time applicants.Hey everyone, I am a current MS1 and just wanted to drop a line and offer support and offer to answer any questions I can. You can private message me if you’d like but keep your heads up! I will answer questions as quickly as I can if you have any!
I actually don't have any statistics (or access to admissions board input) to support this and is completely anecdotal but I am personally a 2nd year applicant and many of the students that I interact with are as well. According to Dr. Samuelson who I spoke to a week ago, the U consistently has the oldest matriculating average age and most married/family associated students nationwide. I wonder how much of that is hyperbole and how much is factual but I think the U heavily weighs re-applicants and non-trad applicants in a way that favors them. The average age of my class is just over 25 years and 4 months. I am not sure if that provides any additional insight but I hope it helped!Thanks! I was wondering if you knew what percentage of your incoming class, and historically that Utah accepts, is first-time applicants and re-applicants? I've heard a lot that Utah is very friendly to re-applicants so I was curious to know what portion of the incoming classes is made up of them verse first time applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think something that contributes to that higher age and number of married students is the larger than normal number of members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints that attend the U. Most of the guys that are with the church went on two year missions and that brings the average age up at least a little
I’m sure this also contributes to the number of families.I think something that contributes to that higher age and number of married students is the larger than normal number of members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints that attend the U. Most of the guys that are with the church went on two year missions and that brings the average age up at least a little
II just now! IS, regular decision.
swollenostrich
Full Member
II half hour ago, IS, regular decision as well
OOS, went to school in Utah, lots of family there.Congrats!! IS/OOS??
Looks like they are holding IIs every Monday in October--at least those were the available dates for me.II as well!! Regular, instate. Hey, for those with an II, what days were available for y’all?
Good luck to all those preparing for interviews! Assessment Day was a very positive experience for me. The SJT & MMI’s were very reasonable, and I felt like I was able to connect well with the interviewers. The U is a fantastic program, and I’m grateful I had the chance to visit.
To the people that got IIs, when were you complete and what are your stats?
I received an "application complete" email on 7/26 after finishing their secondary on 7/20. Stats in signature.To the people that got IIs, when were you complete and what are your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finished secondary 7/18To the people that got IIs, when were you complete and what are your stats?
Application complete 7/26
II received 9/4
MCAT 516
GPA 3.99
Instate BYU student
september94
Full Member
II just now! Idaho resident. Crying right now, this is my top choice school!
when were you complete? also congratsII just now! Idaho resident. Crying right now, this is my top choice school!
september94
Full Member
Thank you! Received the complete email on 8/6when were you complete? also congrats
My stats in case anyone is wondering: 513 MCAT and 3.98 GPA
jackiepremed
Full Member
Complete 8/5, II today! I'm in-state.
Anyone else having trouble saving the research section? When I try to save the activity it doesn't actually save. Very irritating. Haven't had this problem in the other sections thus far
Anyone else still pending review? I submitted the same day that everyone got the secondary, mid July I believe. Portal still says pending review. Wondering if I should contact them to see if there is a mistake or something.
Mine still says that too. Received letter on Aug 9 says i was complete and the status would stay that way until a decision is made regarding your application.Anyone else still pending review? I submitted the same day that everyone got the secondary, mid July I believe. Portal still says pending review. Wondering if I should contact them to see if there is a mistake or something.
+1
I have an II and it still says pending review. Don't worry about it, your app is complete and they are reviewing it.Anyone else still pending review? I submitted the same day that everyone got the secondary, mid July I believe. Portal still says pending review. Wondering if I should contact them to see if there is a mistake or something.
Did you receive an email saying that your were complete? I never even got that, I just got the receipt for the payment.I have an II and it still says pending review. Don't worry about it, your app is complete and they are reviewing it.
Yes, I received a complete email. But I didn't receive it until ~2 weeks after submission. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just make sure everything within your application is received and processed (like your letters of rec). If you're still worried, their admissions office is usually really quick to respond to emails.Did you receive an email saying that your were complete? I never even got that, I just got the receipt for the payment.
Apparently there was a glitch and some of the "complete" emails didn't get sent out. If you email admissions they can resend the email. The admissions person also told me where my application was in the process. Very prompt responses.Did you receive an email saying that your were complete? I never even got that, I just got the receipt for the payment.
Apparently there was a glitch and some of the "complete" emails didn't get sent out. If you email admissions they can resend the email. The admissions person also told me where my application was in the process. Very prompt responses.
Did they mention anything about “completed” vs “pending review” statuses on the portal?
No mention of the portal-- I didn't ask. My current portal status is "Submitted-Pending Review", but in the email she told me I was complete and under review for interview consideration. Hope that helps.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep.Question to those of you who have received II's or have already interviewed, was there a video interview this year prior to assessment day?
Yep.
Not a fan lol, but whatcha gonna do. Thanks for the quick reply!
Yeah, I did mine earlier this week. It was a train wreck and a half. Oh well. Haha. I didn’t realize just how nice in-person interviews are.Not a fan lol, but whatcha gonna do. Thanks for the quick reply!
D
deleted621740
Man, that video interview is insane. Only 30 seconds to come up with answers to those prompts...kind of ridiculous in my opinion. Oh well...If it felt awkward to me it felt awkward to everyone else right? Hahaha
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
Haha you are definitely not alone lmaoMan, that video interview is insane. Only 30 seconds to come up with answers to those prompts...kind of ridiculous in my opinion. Oh well...If it felt awkward to me it felt awkward to everyone else right? Hahaha
Good luck everyone!
UteFan1234
Full Member
II!! IS LM 75 complete middle of July
interview dates are end of October/Start of November
One of my top choices !
interview dates are end of October/Start of November
One of my top choices !
ii complete 8/10
IS or OOS? Congrats!!ii complete 8/10
In the region...IS or OOS? Congrats!!
50%, either you get in or you don't.Post interview acceptance rates for Idaho?
what is the expected attire for the video interview?Man, that video interview is insane. Only 30 seconds to come up with answers to those prompts...kind of ridiculous in my opinion. Oh well...If it felt awkward to me it felt awkward to everyone else right? Hahaha
Good luck everyone!
Dress like you would in personwhat is the expected attire for the video interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meaning professional business attire?Dress like you would in person
Yeah. I wore a suit and tie.meaning professional business attire?
You could wear scrubs, just to let them know how good you would look as a doc.meaning professional business attire?
D
deleted817122
Just got an II about an hour ago! IS, regular decision! Woo!