2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No II, but now I have check marks next to Physician and Science Professor LOR! I imagine IIs will be sent out soon...

Members don't see this ad.

Confused here, so under the physician shadowing section of the secondary, do you still list all the doctors that you shadowed? Isn't this already covered in AACOMAS? Do you include info if it's already been listed in AACOMAS is what I'm asking?

Confused here, so under the physician shadowing section of the secondary, do you still list all the doctors that you shadowed? Isn't this already covered in AACOMAS? Do you include info if it's already been listed in AACOMAS is what I'm asking?
Yes. A lot of 2ndary questions ask you to put down info that is already on your primary. It's annoying, but a part of the game.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They're too lazy to look

Reactions: 1 user
What I've been doing is searching for a particular school in the search bar. And then if you scroll down on the left side, where there are filters (such as mean GPA, mean MCAT, etc.) you can see the range of MCAT and GPAs.

For example, if you search ATSU, you can see on the left side that the scroll bar for mean MCAT is between 503 and 504.

Hope that helps lol.

Just FYI, this doesn't accomplish what you intend. The filters showing the mean MCAT and mean GPA. So for your ATSU example, its showing that the mean MCAT is 503 or 504. That's not a range.

Just FYI, this doesn't accomplish what you intend. The filters showing the mean MCAT and mean GPA. So for your ATSU example, its showing that the mean MCAT is 503 or 504. That's not a range.

Way to be a turd

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Received notice by email. LizzyM ~67, complete about a week ago (not by computer, so not sure exact date. Past the recommended 10 day turnaround though).

EDIT: Complete 7/26.

Last edited:
II received by email! IS 3.7/3.7/515.
Secondary received 7/10 and submitted 7/22 (over the 10 day mark).

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like all the rock stars will get IIs first then they will work from there . Congrats to all so far!

Reactions: 3 users
II! Curious what are the available interview dates you guys see? I only see one in August and one in September. I am thinking of doing it later, I imagine they must have other dates?

II! Curious what are the available interview dates you guys see? I only see one in August and one in September. I am thinking of doing it later, I imagine they must have other dates?
Only saw the one date in August and September, respectively, as well. I’m sure they’ll add more in the future, but these might be the dates they have for the first wave of interviewees.

Looks like my app got sent to the committee for review? I checked early this morning:

"Next Steps
Your application has been sent to Admissions for processing.

Status updates will be posted here. "

And then again just now and the above disappeared. This still appears on my Lebanon app.

F*** no II for me..

I was really hoping for this school to come through.. Good luck everyone.

Looks like my app got sent to the committee for review? I checked early this morning:

"Next Steps
Your application has been sent to Admissions for processing.

Status updates will be posted here. "

And then again just now and the above disappeared. This still appears on my Lebanon app.
+1

Still early.

Do you know if historically this school puts people off for later consideration that applied early? I feel like if you apply early and don't make first cut then you're kind of forgotten about.

Do you know if historically this school puts people off for later consideration that applied early? I feel like if you apply early and don't make first cut then you're kind of forgotten about.
If you look at the previous years threads, this is common. IIs come out in batches and don't stress if you aren't in the first batch of IIs.

If you look at the previous years threads, this is common. IIs come out in batches and don't stress if you aren't in the first batch of IIs.

Thanks for the insight. I'm a nontrad myself.
If you don't mind me asking, where are your 3 DO R's this early on?
Seems odd that you're the caliber of applicant to have an early MD II but also 3 early DO R's

Thanks for the insight. I'm a nontrad myself.
If you don't mind me asking, where are your 3 DO R's this early on?
Seems odd that you're the caliber of applicant to have an early MD II but also 3 early DO R's
I'll pm you!

3.7/516. Secondary received July 2 and submitted July 15. No II yet :((((

II!!!!! Complete 7/20, received II 7/31. There were two dates initially 8/29 and 9/12. Looked again this morning, 9/12 had filled up.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you have to send them your CASPER before receiving a ll? On the portal it says I'm missing my LORs and CASPER, but LORs should just be transferred from AACOMAS....This is for both pomona and lebanon.

Last edited:
Do you have to send them your CASPER before receiving a ll? On the portal it says I'm missing my LORs and CASPER, but LORs should just be transferred from AAMCOMAS....This is for both pomona and lebanon.

I believe you need to send in the CASPER before II. My portal had red X marks for those things, but after I emailed someone the portal was updated within a few days

Congratulations on your II! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

sGPA: 3.39, somewhat of an upward trend senior year I only got one B. (but freshmen year I got 2 D's)
MCAT: 512
Solid ECs: Heavily service oriented. (volunteered at camp for children with cancer and hospice for >2yrs, but various other smaller things). Lead medical scribe. Transcriptionist at non-profit community clinic. Medical lab assistant. Worked throughout college.

hi! my primary was verified 6/25 and i still haven't received a secondary..anyone else in the same situation?

early 3rd year. AMA

my advice that i cannot stress enough to any interviewers: read the interview feedback page thoroughly.

area is relatively safe, but low SES. Lived at associated housing for preclinical and never felt unsafe except once, but then a security guard arrived and it was cool.

staff are nice. i like my classmates (surrogate for selection criteria). With 200+ students, you can really select your people. i did ~70th percentile for STEP when my goal and preparation was for 50th-60th. i didn't invest heavily in the curriculum and felt that it didn't get in the way of my life or board prep anymore than any other school. rotation sites seem fine, but i'd be on the lookout for the site crunch as arrowhead is taken over by CUSM. Our accrediting body requires that there be like ~1.2 rotation sites per student iirc.

I don't know your curriculum. They switched to a new curriculum for the class below me. Modeled after RVU which is evidently a high boards performing school.

overall, some minor misgivings (eg didn't enjoy mandatory small groups), but no regrets. honestly, quite happy with my life and choice.

Reactions: 3 users
my advice that i cannot stress enough to any interviewers: read the interview feedback page thoroughly.

Are you talking about the page where they discuss parking, expectations, MMI/trad panel?

I also just got the secondary today!

My LOR for both western campuses still show awaiting. I submitted my secondary Early July. Should I email admissions and ask?

Reactions: 1 users
My LOR for both western campuses still show awaiting. I submitted my secondary Early July. Should I email admissions and ask?
I'd e-mail but don't get your hopes up. I e-mailed both and they never responded. My LORs were all ready early June and weren't marked received until < 2 weeks ago! They get a lot of apps and manually screen each letter so it will take a while for it to be marked received.