2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There’s a theory that if you received a zoom link yesterday, it is maybe an acceptance. Meanwhile, a zoom link received tomorrow or no zoom link at all is waitlist. This is purely speculation and may prove to be untrue.
Anyone ever mention what time the zoom call is at? That’s probably when we’ll all get out decisions

Members don't see this ad.

The silence is deafening this morning, so nervous for what's to come today lmao

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same, I've been at work refreshing my email and this page like every five minutes.
Also same, I'm just sitting here trying my best to not think about it until it's time. The email was just so cryptic and they're usually super open and upfront about everything, so I'm nervous lol

Reactions: 1 user
Also same, I'm just sitting here trying my best to not think about it until it's time. The email was just so cryptic and they're usually super open and upfront about everything, so I'm nervous lol
I didn't get an email for a zoom call so I'm completely in the dark :(

Reactions: 2 users
What time is the zoom meeting?

Reactions: 1 users
There is much suspense right now.

Reactions: 2 users
I have a feeling they probably tell them in the call to keep everything confidential

I have a feeling they probably tell them in the call to keep everything confidential
Keep what confidential? Their admissions decision? That seems like an uncharacteristically opaque move for a typically transparent admissions group.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep what confidential? Their admissions decision? That seems like an uncharacteristically opaque move for a typically transparent admissions group.
People last decision day reported their decision after their call too

Alt list, as expected :(
I wonder if they will have more alt list movement than usual this year with all of the COVID changes. I hope so!
Yeah, but given that they say on the portal that there is very little movement prior to May 1st, I’m not going to get my hopes up.

What really stings (and I don’t want to complain too much, but I need to vent) is that both of my interviewers here told me “I was an excellent candidate and they were giving me their absolute highest recommendation”. I know nothing is given in this process, but man, if that wasn’t good enough, what is? Luckily I am fortunate to have other acceptances currently, but Case has been one of my top choices for a long time.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
What really stings (and I don’t want to complain too much, but I need to vent) is that both of my interviewers here told me “I was an excellent candidate and they were giving me their absolute highest recommendation”. I know nothing is given in this process, but man, if that wasn’t good enough, what is? Luckily I am fortunate to have other acceptances currently, but Case has been one of my top choices for a long time.
it be like that...i believe in u

• Care
Well all, its been fun, time to migrate to case version 2.0, CCLCM thread neuroticism time

• Care
Alt list as well! They don't do straight-up Rs, right?

• Care
Accepted! I got the email for the Zoom link two days ago, but I couldn’t make it because I had a hair appointment lol. Interviewed 10/16.

• Love
Accepted as well! Just got the e-mail a few minutes ago. So excited and happy!! Interviewed 11/4

• Love
ACCEPTED!!!! Wasn't able to attend the session because of work. Interviewed 10/9.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Wait so they had a zoom call to tell you guys in person/ one on one that you were on Alt list or accepted?

Wait so they had a zoom call to tell you guys in person/ one on one that you were on Alt list or accepted?

It seems as if there was a zoom call for accepted applicants today, waitlisted applicants did not receive email for zoom call. I haven't heard anything yet so I'm not sure if 11/6 interviewees were a part of it?

It seems as if there was a zoom call for accepted applicants today, waitlisted applicants did not receive email for zoom call. I haven't heard anything yet so I'm not sure if 11/6 interviewees were a part of it?
Those who interviewed on 11/6 were not included in this batch of notifications.

Those who interviewed on 11/6 were not included in this batch of notifications.
@CWRU.Sman are you able to comment on if there is a difference between people who received a zoom link and then were put on the alternate list vs people who were put on the alternate list who didn't receive an email with the link?

Hi everyone, I was just accepted to Case Western's PA Program. I'm looking to move to Cleveland sometime in April and would love to start connecting with some of you guys! Feel free to shoot me a personal message and we can chat!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else have a freaking heart attack when you get those emails from Case about their other programs! They’re playing with us at this point

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else have a freaking heart attack when you get those emails from Case about their other programs! They’re playing with us at this point
Literally me! Stop sending me emails if it isn't an interview invite!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

I want to receive an email but no emails haha. No love from case :(

Just received an II. So happy! I was complete end of August, 511 MCAT, 3.98 GPA

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Exactly! I've been getting 4 a day for two weeks now, sometimes duplicates. I'm afraid to unsubscribe because I might miss an II

Just got an invite from UP! Got an R here last year so anything is possible folks:)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Sure! I was complete on 8/26. I sent in a significant update somewhere around late October:)
Amazing, congrats! I didn’t see any section to upload an update on the application portal - did you email it to admissions? I’ve been wanting to send an update myself, but I’m not sure what their pre-II update policy is

Amazing, congrats! I didn’t see any section to upload an update on the application portal - did you email it to admissions? I’ve been wanting to send an update myself, but I’m not sure what their pre-II update policy is
I'm interested as well. Based on the language in their application complete email, they don't accept pre-II updates.

Whoops, I guess Case was one of the schools I was unable to update, sorry for the confusion. I sent an additional letter of rec around the same time though!

Whoops, I guess Case was one of the schools I was unable to update, sorry for the confusion. I sent an additional letter of rec around the same time though!
No worries, thank you for the clarification, and congrats again! Success on the interview!