2020-2021 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does CWRU accept update letters pre-II?

AFAIK, according to the secondary portal, no. Update letters are accepted post II

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent and update and got an II like a week later!

Did they reply to your message? It’s been silence for me since July; if they actually took the update into account, I might send one as well since I have nothing to lose.

oh wait what? I swear I read here and on their website that they don't take pre-II updates. I wonder if that was just a coincidence.

If not.... I definitely want to send an update since I have like 4-5 small/moderate new things to mention

oh wait what? I swear I read here and on their website that they don't take pre-II updates. I wonder if that was just a coincidence.
Was wondering the same thing. From the website and secondary portal, it seems that they don't accept pre-II updates

Their application complete email states that they do not want/accept pre-II updates, and that only people invited for interviews will have the ability to upload updates via their portal.

If not.... I definitely want to send an update since I have like 4-5 small/moderate new things to mention

Was wondering the same thing. From the website and secondary portal, it seems that they don't accept pre-II updates

Their application complete email states that they do not want/accept pre-II updates, and that only people invited for interviews will have the ability to upload updates via their portal.
Yeah guys idk they replied and added it lol just interviewed today

Hasn't an AdCom member from CWRU been on this thread before to answer questions? Are they still active on here, since these two posts are conveying opposing things lol.

Hasn't an AdCom member from CWRU been on this thread before to answer questions? Are they still active on here, since these two posts are conveying opposing things lol.
I don’t think he’s been on for awhile - I’m sure he’s very busy in admissions committee meetings at this point in the cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had luck with opening this Case financial aid form? I still can't see it
I was able to access it without any problems. Have you tried accessing it through the accepted central link? Have you activated your network ID yet? Maybe try using a different browser or turning off Adblock

Did anyone catch when the next batch of acceptances come out?

Anyone know how long the interviews are? Thanks in advance :)
mine were variable? i have no idea how long they were supposed to be, but my faculty interview was like 55 minutes long and my student interview was 30 minutes long.

Context: I think my faculty interviewer wasn't sure how long it was supposed to be and our time was bounded by the fact that we were running the risk of cutting into the time for my next interview. My student interviewer did know and at around 30 mins she said we were at the end of time.

Reactions: 1 user

same here!!! - really contemplating sending an update but the website does mention otherwise so i also don't want it to negatively impact my app?! thoughts? :unsure:

same here!!! - really contemplating sending an update but the website does mention otherwise so i also don't want it to negatively impact my app?! thoughts? :unsure:
I’ve been wanting to send them an update too, but they explicitly mention on their website and on the secondary application portal that they don’t accept pre-interview updates, so just to be safe - I would respect their instructions and not send one.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with not sending them as its mentioned in two places. Not sure who the original updater was but seems to be an exception. Additionally, this person may have already been on the "send an interview" mailing list and their update didnt actually do anything for them. Worst case, if truly unsure, I would email them --but I could equally see this being annoying as they mention no pre-II updates in multiple places.

It just baffles me that a simple 5th grader English is a topic of discussion.

Wow, I interviewed yesterday and Case really blew it out of the water. Their admissions team seems so fun and their interviewers ACTUALLY read my application in such detail. Also a *little* starstruck by Christan. :1geek: They definitely moved up the list in terms of top choices. Here's to my other 12/7 peeps hearing back within the next 2-3 weeks as they said!
Whoa! How flattering! 😊 = definitely blushing. Thanks and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your day with us.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
does anyone remember when they said financial aid packages would be made available? I've submitted all my documents and not sure of the timeline going forward

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone remember when they said financial aid packages would be made available? I've submitted all my documents and not sure of the timeline going forward
Packages will start going out in February and March.

Reactions: 5 users
@CWRU.Sman Not sure if you are able to answer this question, but do you have any comments on how far the admissions committee is in extending interview invites? It seems like some schools are wrapping up the IIs being extended, while others still have ways to go. Any insight would be much appreciated, but no worries if this cannot be answered.

Reactions: 7 users
Pre-II R just now. Wasn't complete until 10/15. Still holding onto a sliver of hope for the college program.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the pre-II R. Kind of hurts, but it was a reach school. LM 70, completed in September. Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R. Complete 8/31. Best of luck to all still in the game!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone completed/heard back from financial aid? How are scholarships working this year - only need based correct?

@CWRU.Sman Not sure if you are able to answer this question, but do you have any comments on how far the admissions committee is in extending interview invites? It seems like some schools are wrapping up the IIs being extended, while others still have ways to go. Any insight would be much appreciated, but no worries if this cannot be answered.
We still have a ways to go!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
What was the consensus on the zoom link Case sends out? Just got an email telling me to join a zoom on Friday & I'm ~panicking~

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
What was the consensus on the zoom link Case sends out? Just got an email telling me to join a zoom on Friday & I'm ~panicking~
From the first release and second release, those that received an invitation reported receiving an acceptance while there were few to 0 reports of people receiving an A without an invitation. Do with that info what you may
Edit: I myself did not receive a zoom link

Reactions: 3 users
do u guys think they send out the zoom invites all at once or individually

someone in this thread mentioned getting a zoom invite but then getting waitlisted, so I'm hesitant about assuming it's an acceptance

what does this email mean, i wanna cry after going through this thread and all the speculation that apparently if you get it the day before you're accepted but the morning of WL?

someone in this thread mentioned getting a zoom invite but then getting waitlisted, so I'm hesitant about assuming it's an acceptance
What time is the meeting? Maybe there’s one for a WL and one for an A?
Mine’s 11AM