Fawna

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Interesting stuff I came across. The FB group CWRU School of Medicine Class of 2022 has 594 members; this appears accurate given that the excel from 2018 shows 567 acceptances - the discrepancy is likely administrators or previous students. The FB group for 2025 has 368 members. This could suggest either: (1) that there are a lot of spots to fill as we wind down the process; (2) or there is a great number of students who have been accepted and have not joined the group yet (perhaps they're waiting to be more sure about attending before joining). All of this to say that perhaps interviewing late does not put you at an extreme disadvantage. Take all of this with a grain of salt as I probably made an error somewhere in this.
According to CWRSOM interviewing late does not put an applicant at a disadvantage. However, interviewing early means more time for reviews if one is not immediately accepted.

Reactions: 2 users

Vikingbear16

2+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2018
Interesting stuff I came across. The FB group CWRU School of Medicine Class of 2022 has 594 members; this appears accurate given that the excel from 2018 shows 567 acceptances - the discrepancy is likely administrators or previous students. The FB group for 2025 has 368 members. This could suggest either: (1) that there are a lot of spots to fill as we wind down the process; (2) or there is a great number of students who have been accepted and have not joined the group yet (perhaps they're waiting to be more sure about attending before joining). All of this to say that perhaps interviewing late does not put you at an extreme disadvantage. Take all of this with a grain of salt as I probably made an error somewhere in this.

Thanks for the data! I think the 500+ number also corresponds to total admitted after waitlist movement right? I think its possible there are maybe 100-150 students who have not joined yet/not admitted yet, and another 50-100 who will come off the waitlist. Perhaps wishful thinking for my WL self 🙃

Reactions: 1 users
Jan 19, 2021
Thanks for the data! I think the 500+ number also corresponds to total admitted after waitlist movement right? I think its possible there are maybe 100-150 students who have not joined yet/not admitted yet, and another 50-100 who will come off the waitlist. Perhaps wishful thinking for my WL self 🙃
You're right, it includes waitlist. If you look at all of the facebook groups, the numbers change somewhat, but generally 600 or so. I was also thinking that this year is unlike any other. Compound that with the fact that Christian said that they are being conservative this cycle, and you might get significantly less people being accepted (which to me seems counterintuitive). That said, I doubt that the delta is going to be hundreds of acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Apr 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anyone know if CWRU generally acknowledges receipt of a letter of continued interest? I sent one to the admissions email after being notified that I was on the alt list, but since I didn't get a reply I'm not sure if it's been added to my file or something like that yet. Thanks in advance!

Jan 14, 2021
Does anyone know if CWRU generally acknowledges receipt of a letter of continued interest? I sent one to the admissions email after being notified that I was on the alt list, but since I didn't get a reply I'm not sure if it's been added to my file or something like that yet. Thanks in advance!
any sort of communication I sent was always reflected in the portal!

Apr 24, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
any sort of communication I sent was always reflected in the portal!
Hm I just checked the portal (the Communication Status page) and don't see anything. I sent the letter early last week to the admissions email, do you think it's worth uploading it again through the document upload on iApply or is it possible that they simply just haven't gotten to it yet? Thank you again!

Fawna

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hm I just checked the portal (the Communication Status page) and don't see anything. I sent the letter early last week to the admissions email, do you think it's worth uploading it again through the document upload on iApply or is it possible that they simply just haven't gotten to it yet? Thank you again!
I think it’s possible they may not have had a chance to upload your document. But you could upload it too.

Alt list to receive an interview?

Feb 16, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
When I sent a letter to that email I got a response indicating it had been received.

Nov 6, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I did. Email is very cryptic. It could be anything. Doesn't sound to me like it's an acceptance zoom meeting.
similarly worded "updates" emails in the past meant acceptances i think. at least based on the speculation in this thread (see end of january and november decision dates)

Yes I was very confused by email's tone but fingers crossed. Dont want to get any hopes up though, it seemed like it could mean anything...

About the Ads

fliflopmaestro

2+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Got the email as well. Trust, but verify...so I guess we'll find out what it's about on Thursday. Did anyone notice that the zoom meeting is set to occur at 11pm?

About the Ads
Sep 28, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'd say maybe a third to half are already attending Case. They put in a ton of current students so you can reach out and ask questions

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
Feb 16, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Alt list just now interviewed 2/8, not surprised at all given the zoom thing. Wondering if this school is especially receptive to LoIs
I sent one following my interview (fell head over heals for Case) and was just placed on the alt list. I wouldn't let their estimated receptiveness factor in too much; if you like them I'd say let them know. That was my approach, at least.

CWRU.Sman

2+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Anyone receive any financial aid/scholarships yet?
Our plan is to begin sending out financial aid packages next week. Unfortunately, we've had to wait to get info from other departments (fees, health insurance costs, etc.). Then all of that has to be entered by our university's central financial aid office and tested on the platform to make sure everything will calculate correctly before we can start sending packages out. It's a pretty involved process so we need to make sure everything checks out because we only want to package everyone once! This is a high priority and we'll start getting them out ASAP.

Reactions: 6 users
Oct 18, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Our plan is to begin sending out financial aid packages next week. Unfortunately, we've had to wait to get info from other departments (fees, health insurance costs, etc.). Then all of that has to be entered by our university's central financial aid office and tested on the platform to make sure everything will calculate correctly before we can start sending packages out. It's a pretty involved process so we need to make sure everything checks out because we only want to package everyone once! This is a high priority and we'll start getting them out ASAP.
Thanks for the reply Christian!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads