2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R received just now, good luck everyone! Complete early September.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, complete in late September. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Complete 8/5 and nothing. So happy to see that I’m not the only one with radio silence

Complete 8/5 and nothing. So happy to see that I’m not the only one with radio silence
Really makes me wonder how exactly they read/filter applications as the cycle continues. I doubt all 5 of us have a last name that starts with Z.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 8/1 and also nothing

What's the probability that we got through the first filter but need reassessment for an interview or we haven't even been assessed at all.
Hope its the former lol cuz they seem ruthless with Rs.

Reactions: 1 users
What's the probability that we got through the first filter but need reassessment for an interview or we haven't even been assessed at all.
Hope its the former lol cuz they seem ruthless with Rs.
They are probably trying to stretch things out because they have so few spots to fill. On the bright side, I have heard from current students that there is a lot of movement off the waitlist.

II !!!! complete in late August!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II, complete late Oct, ~LM 77! Hang in there my comrades!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an acceptance email at noon! Interviewed 1/21. All the best to everyone still in the running!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats!!!! Considering you got your A quite soon after your interview, can I ask if you thought the interview went exceptionally well lol?
Just got an acceptance email at noon! Interviewed 1/21. All the best to everyone still in the running!

Congrats!!!! Considering you got your A quite soon after your interview, can I ask if you thought the interview went exceptionally well lol?
I can tell you that people are often times poor judges of their interview performances. I thought I did fantastic on Dartmouth's interview and haven't received an A. But another school I also thought I did super well gave me an A soon after. So idk....

Thank you! I felt like the interview went really well, but I definitely could have done better for the group session. I had a lot in common with one of my interviewers, so conversation happened pretty naturally.

Did admissions say when most people would hear back? Interviewed November and heard nothin since...

Did admissions say when most people would hear back? Interviewed November and heard nothin since...

Yeah they said most people would hear back in March or April. I'm gonna assume the majority of the people who interviewed a while back and will hear in March/April will be waitlisted though.

Yeah they said most people would hear back in March or April. I'm gonna assume the majority of the people who interviewed a while back and will hear in March/April will be waitlisted though.
Why do you think those who will hear back in March/April will be waitlisted?

Why do you think those who will hear back in March/April will be waitlisted?

Just a trend I've been seeing with different schools. Usually people who get accepted are accepted earlier, and those that don't receive any news until later are usually waitlisted or rejected.

Obviously this is school-dependent, but it's been true at most of the schools I know of. Could be different here though, who knows.

Just a trend I've been seeing with different schools. Usually people who get accepted are accepted earlier, and those that don't receive any news until later are usually waitlisted or rejected.

Obviously this is school-dependent, but it's been true at most of the schools I know of. Could be different here though, who knows.
Yeah that makes sense. From what I’ve read on this thread and the previous year’s thread for Geisel, students are given a numerical score after their interviews, and if anyone is above that numerical score they are accepted immediately, and then that numerical score threshold is lowered later on. But does this mean that most students are accepted to Geisel prior to March, or they most students are accepted to Geisel during and after March?

During my interview day, they straight up said that most people will start receiving acceptances in March. So I do not think you should use the amount of time since your interview day as a measure of your likelihood of acceptance. As with other schools, they probably give an early acceptance to those that really stand out, but the bulk of acceptances should be in March

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted here yesterday around 11 AM EST! Interviewed 1/7 and was not expecting to hear back so quickly!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I don't know why I have this weird feeling that my II is on its way. Super weird. I have not had this feeling with any other school.... Posting it here, so I can look back and see if the gods of my intuition were correct! :love:
II just now!!!! Oh my god . . . ! ! ! Freaking out. . .

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
congrats! when were you complete?
THANK YOU!!! Complete date: 09/01/2020, update sent on 1/08/2021. Hang in there and good luck!!!

• Love
Thank you! I thought it went very well, probably one of my strongest ones this cycle
That is so amazing, I am so happy for you! If I may ask, and only if you are comfortable answering, what do you think went well in the interview? And were they any aspects of the interview you wish had gone better?

That is so amazing, I am so happy for you! If I may ask, and only if you are comfortable answering, what do you think went well in the interview? And were they any aspects of the interview you wish had gone better?
I think there is something to be said about simply "feeling good" at the end of an interview, and feeling that you "fit" well with a school! I mostly just remember feeling happy with my experience and interview day overall

Has anyone heard anything regarding an accepted students group?

Reactions: 4 users
Got the Pre-II R yesterday, complete 10/15

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R today. Complete 9/15

• Care
Anyone know if there is a Facebook/Discord/Slack channel for accepted students?