You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R, complete in late September. Good luck to everyone still in the running!
anyone else complete early august and still no II or R??
D
deleted1075526
Complete 07/30 and nothing yet. Not even sure if I should be hopeful at this point.anyone else complete early august and still no II or R??
Complete 07/30 and nothing yet. Not even sure if I should be hopeful at this point.
8/11... same feelings here.
same...anyone else complete early august and still no II or R??
Last edited:
Froggmanns
Full Member
Complete 8/5 and nothing. So happy to see that I’m not the only one with radio silence
Really makes me wonder how exactly they read/filter applications as the cycle continues. I doubt all 5 of us have a last name that starts with Z.Complete 8/5 and nothing. So happy to see that I’m not the only one with radio silence
Complete 09/09 and nothing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are probably trying to stretch things out because they have so few spots to fill. On the bright side, I have heard from current students that there is a lot of movement off the waitlist.What's the probability that we got through the first filter but need reassessment for an interview or we haven't even been assessed at all.
Hope its the former lol cuz they seem ruthless with Rs.
orangutan16
New Member
Just got an acceptance email at noon! Interviewed 1/21. All the best to everyone still in the running!
Congrats!!!! Considering you got your A quite soon after your interview, can I ask if you thought the interview went exceptionally well lol?
Just got an acceptance email at noon! Interviewed 1/21. All the best to everyone still in the running!
D
deleted1053887
I can tell you that people are often times poor judges of their interview performances. I thought I did fantastic on Dartmouth's interview and haven't received an A. But another school I also thought I did super well gave me an A soon after. So idk....Congrats!!!! Considering you got your A quite soon after your interview, can I ask if you thought the interview went exceptionally well lol?
orangutan16
New Member
Thank you! I felt like the interview went really well, but I definitely could have done better for the group session. I had a lot in common with one of my interviewers, so conversation happened pretty naturally.Congrats!!!! Considering you got your A quite soon after your interview, can I ask if you thought the interview went exceptionally well lol?
Did admissions say when most people would hear back? Interviewed November and heard nothin since...
Did admissions say when most people would hear back? Interviewed November and heard nothin since...
Yeah they said most people would hear back in March or April. I'm gonna assume the majority of the people who interviewed a while back and will hear in March/April will be waitlisted though.
Why do you think those who will hear back in March/April will be waitlisted?Yeah they said most people would hear back in March or April. I'm gonna assume the majority of the people who interviewed a while back and will hear in March/April will be waitlisted though.
Why do you think those who will hear back in March/April will be waitlisted?
Just a trend I've been seeing with different schools. Usually people who get accepted are accepted earlier, and those that don't receive any news until later are usually waitlisted or rejected.
Obviously this is school-dependent, but it's been true at most of the schools I know of. Could be different here though, who knows.
Yeah that makes sense. From what I’ve read on this thread and the previous year’s thread for Geisel, students are given a numerical score after their interviews, and if anyone is above that numerical score they are accepted immediately, and then that numerical score threshold is lowered later on. But does this mean that most students are accepted to Geisel prior to March, or they most students are accepted to Geisel during and after March?Just a trend I've been seeing with different schools. Usually people who get accepted are accepted earlier, and those that don't receive any news until later are usually waitlisted or rejected.
Obviously this is school-dependent, but it's been true at most of the schools I know of. Could be different here though, who knows.
Fingers crossed haha.Yeah they said most people would hear back in March or April. I'm gonna assume the majority of the people who interviewed a while back and will hear in March/April will be waitlisted though.
DougtheDog
Full Member
During my interview day, they straight up said that most people will start receiving acceptances in March. So I do not think you should use the amount of time since your interview day as a measure of your likelihood of acceptance. As with other schools, they probably give an early acceptance to those that really stand out, but the bulk of acceptances should be in March
Accepted here yesterday around 11 AM EST! Interviewed 1/7 and was not expecting to hear back so quickly!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! 🎉🎉 can I ask how you thought the interview went??Accepted here yesterday around 11 AM EST! Interviewed 1/7 and was not expecting to hear back so quickly!
II just now!!!! Oh my god . . . ! ! ! Freaking out. . .I don't know why I have this weird feeling that my II is on its way. Super weird. I have not had this feeling with any other school.... Posting it here, so I can look back and see if the gods of my intuition were correct! 😍
THANK YOU!!! Complete date: 09/01/2020, update sent on 1/08/2021. Hang in there and good luck!!!congrats! when were you complete?
Thank you! I thought it went very well, probably one of my strongest ones this cycleCongrats!! 🎉🎉 can I ask how you thought the interview went??
That is so amazing, I am so happy for you! If I may ask, and only if you are comfortable answering, what do you think went well in the interview? And were they any aspects of the interview you wish had gone better?Thank you! I thought it went very well, probably one of my strongest ones this cycle
Got my ion you
New Member
Pre II R. Complete early Oct.
Best of luck!
Best of luck!
I think there is something to be said about simply "feeling good" at the end of an interview, and feeling that you "fit" well with a school! I mostly just remember feeling happy with my experience and interview day overallThat is so amazing, I am so happy for you! If I may ask, and only if you are comfortable answering, what do you think went well in the interview? And were they any aspects of the interview you wish had gone better?
MechanicToMed
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything regarding an accepted students group?
Has anyone heard anything regarding an accepted students group?
Got the Pre-II R yesterday, complete 10/15
Anyone know if there is a Facebook/Discord/Slack channel for accepted students?
Someone quoted the fb group like 3 posts above you.Anyone know if there is a Facebook/Discord/Slack channel for accepted students?
Are you expecting decisions soon lol?Going to pour me some milk and cereal while we wait for decisions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed 1/28 heard back yet?
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
no but i'm thinking some of us will hear back tomorrow since that seems like the trend! best of luck to everyone!!Anyone who interviewed 1/28 heard back yet?
How long do you think they'll hand out II for?
Found someone who interviewed todayAre you expecting decisions soon lol?
Their interview days are on Thursdays only I think
It's Thursday today my dude 😆