You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Emory
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The interviewer asks a question and we all take turns answering it. They switch up the order after each question so that someone else goes first each time. It’s was actually a great group interview experience! There wasn’t any back and forth in my experience, I just piggy backed off one other persons experience by starting with “that’s something I enjoy doing too”for the group interview - do you discuss questions with other applicants or you're each individually asked a question by the interviewer? is there any back-and-forth?
Everyone was just so nice and friendly, hands down one of my favorite interviews.
got a friday night pre-SECONDARY rejection from my public in-state school. i feel your painFeels to the max, my public undergrad hasn't even got back to me yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedddd999
Full Member
Does emory accept update letters?
Yes. You can submit a text update on your secondary portalDoes emory accept update letters?
WeagleWeagleWDE
Full Member
I'm a September completion and still nothing.Any November completions heard anything yet ? Good or bad ?
~* August ~*I'm a September completion and still nothing.
WeagleWeagleWDE
Full Member
Just living the groundhog day of waking up, checking emails, hoping for something, and then doing it all again the next day 🙂~* August ~*
What is the consensus on pre-II letters of interest for Emory? I don't have any updates in particular, but want to stay in the Atlanta area for family reasons (this wasn't mentioned elsewhere in my app).
premedddd999
Full Member
Thank you!Yes. You can submit a text update on your secondary portal
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
MSTP accepted just now! Interviewed on 1/14 just heard back this morning 🙂
Congrats! Did you interview with other MD applicants or was your interview MSTP specific?MSTP accepted just now! Interviewed on 1/14 just heard back this morning 🙂
Hopeful_MD_Cat_Mom
Full Member
MSTP specific!Congrats! Did you interview with other MD applicants or was your interview MSTP specific?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said they don’t really care for letters of intent/interest. They do accept text-box updates for new experiences thoughIs Emory done sending out II’s? Is it worth to send a letter of intent pre-II?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Kind of a Dumb question, but can they only see the updates when they reach the 1000 word max, or are they constantly updated if you even add like 5 words or something/modify text lol and submit the “change”?They said they don’t really care for letters of intent/interest. They do accept text-box updates for new experiences though
D
deleted1042080
Nothing yet :/manifesting portal update for today A wave. anyone see any changes?!!
unsuremedstudent1234
Full Member
just as an FYI, my portal changed on Wednesday at 10 am EST after the monday that letters went outmanifesting portal update for today A wave. anyone see any changes?!!
I don’t see a change in my portal status yet but I got an email notifying me of an acceptance! I still don’t feel like it’s real until I see that portal update though hahmanifesting portal update for today A wave. anyone see any changes?!!
That's hype congrats! When did you interview?I don’t see a change in my portal status yet but I got an email notifying me of an acceptance! I still don’t feel like it’s real until I see that portal update though hah
D
deleted1042080
That's awesome!!!! Congratulations!I don’t see a change in my portal status yet but I got an email notifying me of an acceptance! I still don’t feel like it’s real until I see that portal update though hah
Thank you haha! I interviewed 1/15! They have a pretty quick turn around!That's hype congrats! When did you interview?
Congrats! Was it an email from the admissions department or from financial aid?I don’t see a change in my portal status yet but I got an email notifying me of an acceptance! I still don’t feel like it’s real until I see that portal update though hah
It was an email from the admissions department 👍🏼Congrats! Was it an email from the admissions department or from financial aid?
Nah. Anything you input and submit will be updated and added to your fileKind of a Dumb question, but can they only see the updates when they reach the 1000 word max, or are they constantly updated if you even add like 5 words or something/modify text lol and submit the “change”?
depaysement
Full Member
Congratulations!! That’s interesting that they’re sending emails this time around! I wonder why they state on the site that they wouldn’t. Did anyone else get one?I don’t see a change in my portal status yet but I got an email notifying me of an acceptance! I still don’t feel like it’s real until I see that portal update though hah
It was from the admissions department via the office of multicultural affairs. I’m assuming they got word from the admissions committee and notified me along with some information about other multicultural programs they offer.Congratulations!! That’s interesting that they’re sending emails this time around! I wonder why they state on the site that they wouldn’t. Did anyone else get one?
depaysement
Full Member
Makes sense!It was from the admissions department via the office of multicultural affairs. I’m assuming they got word from the admissions committee and notified me along with some information about other multicultural programs they offer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sent you a specific email that said you were waitlisted? So weird, I thought decisions were sent exclusively by mail.Just got an email - waitlisted
highhighhopes
Full Member
Has anyone received an email from them stating financial aid application received, but no II yet? Is this just an automatic message that goes out to everyone that placed emory on their fafsa?
D
deleted1038508
I just got that too and am wondering the same thingHas anyone received an email from them stating financial aid application received, but no II yet? Is this just an automatic message that goes out to everyone that placed emory on their fafsa?
👀 what’s happening, admissions folks?I just got that too and am wondering the same thing
Just received that email too and have the A. However, it says receiving the email has no connection to your admission decision. I’m sure it went to everyone who submitted fafsa for them.
anyone hear back or do they usually come on portal wednesday?👀
chaibiscuit
Full Member
RIP nothing here :,DHas anyone's portal updated?
mindyproject98
Full Member
Interviewed 12/21, no portal update yet!
Hey, I would appreciate it if you could let us know if your portal updated today!It was from the admissions department via the office of multicultural affairs. I’m assuming they got word from the admissions committee and notified me along with some information about other multicultural programs they offer.
anythingmatcha
Full Member
nothing here either and I keep refreshing lol. 12/11 interview
Im hoping to god its delayed or something, 12/14 interviewnothing here either and I keep refreshing lol. 12/11 interview
chaibiscuit
Full Member
Same :,,,,,DIm hoping to god its delayed or something, 12/14 interview
RIP. Thanks for letting us know!I interviewed earlier this month & also received the email from the office of multicultural affairs on Sunday notifying me of an A. Yesterday I received the letter in the mail & I just checked my portal & it was updated to reflect that
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DorianDinosaur
Full Member
Did anyone only get a portal update of an A without an email from multicultural affairs?
It did!Hey, I would appreciate it if you could let us know if your portal updated today!
Got the A as well!
Got it in the post and portal updated.
Btw acceptance notification on the portal won't be on the Status tab but a new Admissions Offer tab opens up.
Got it in the post and portal updated.Btw acceptance notification on the portal won't be on the Status tab but a new Admissions Offer tab opens up.
how long are the group and 1:1 interviews?
Has anyone sent in more than 1 update? My 1st update is submitted but the text is still in the text box, so I'm wondering if I should delete the text and add in my 2nd update to the box?