-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Emory
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
w the next round of acceptances coming out on Feb 15th, is submitting an LOI worth it?
I’m fairly certain their last interview date is within the next 2 weeksare they still sending out II? nov completion here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they sent their last IIs (at least the last ones reported on SDN) on 2/13, so here's hoping they aren't done quite yet. November completion here too.are they still sending out II? nov completion here
Yup asked my friend and they finish interviews before end of Feb so yall can def expect a couple more considering this year had covid delaysI’m fairly certain their last interview date is within the next 2 weeks
lunarwater
Full Member
II yesterday!
DorianDinosaur
Full Member
i just saw that the financial aid deadline is 2/15 - is that deadline of submission or deadline of when they receive it at their office? thanks!!
flightless_bird
Full Member
II yesterday. OOS ORM 4.0/525, complete late July
Wow - this late with those stats. Congrats anyways. Not sure if you will accept or decline based on your 4 As.II yesterday. OOS ORM 4.0/525, complete late July
Curious - why did you decide to do 38 apps with stellar stats?
flightless_bird
Full Member
Thanks, and I am definitely accepting the interview - I really like Emory!Wow - this late with those stats. Congrats anyways. Not sure if you will accept or decline based on your 4 As.
Curious - why did you decide to do 38 apps with stellar stats?
Truth be told I was paranoid lol, my ECs are cookie cutter and I don’t have a ton of clinical or service hours. My summer 2020 job hours were cut to part time so I was like “might as well apply very broadly...”
if you don't get the A on feb 15th, do you just not get an email/portal update? or do you receive an email that says you've been deferred to the next wave of decisions?
Emoryorbust
Full Member
Stats? Completetion date? OOS? Did you send an update letter? Please give me hope 😭II yesterday!
oh and congratulations by the way!! Happy for you 🙂
I second this !!!!I'm a Non-trad with thousands of pt contact hours as a 911 EMT, hundreds of volunteer and research hours with an NIH grant to boot. Asking someone if their URM is offensive. It suggests that their stats (personal accomplishments) aren't enough to have gotten their foot in the door without factoring in their skin color. So if you hadn't guessed I am URM and I do actually find that rude. A better question would have been "what are your extracurriculars?" ...but if you're upset you didn't get an interview and need to blame it on my skin color, that's fine too.
lunarwater
Full Member
Thanks! 519/3.9. OOS. I was complete back in July. I did not send an update letter and was totally not expecting this II, but I am thrilled to have the opportunity. 🙂Stats? Completetion date? OOS? Did you send an update letter? Please give me hope 😭
oh and congratulations by the way!! Happy for you 🙂
You dont get an email/portal update. Source: me #sadgeif you don't get the A on feb 15th, do you just not get an email/portal update? or do you receive an email that says you've been deferred to the next wave of decisions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gotcha. I hope you get the A on this next wave!!You dont get an email/portal update. Source: me #sadge
shawzam05
Full Member
Thanks, and I am definitely accepting the interview - I really like Emory!
Truth be told I was paranoid lol, my ECs are cookie cutter and I don’t have a ton of clinical or service hours. My summer 2020 job hours were cut to part time so I was like “might as well apply very broadly...”
I have similar stats and I have not received an II from Emory. Let this be a PSA that stats are not everything.Wow - this late with those stats. Congrats anyways. Not sure if you will accept or decline based on your 4 As.
Curious - why did you decide to do 38 apps with stellar stats?
depaysement
Full Member
Just accepted!! Got the multicultural affairs office email!
Congrats! I’m assuming you met with them on interview day?Just accepted!! Got the multicultural affairs office email!
depaysement
Full Member
Mid DecCongrats!! when did you interview if you don't mind sharing?
depaysement
Full Member
Yep!Congrats! I’m assuming you met with them on interview day?
Do they only email students who met with them on interview day?Congrats! I’m assuming you met with them on interview day?
I’m assuming so since that’s how they’d get your emailDo they only email students who met with them on interview day?
I am literally unable to do anything except check my email, portal, and this thread. help
Does it seem like there have been less reported A’s these last couple of months compared to earlier in the cycle?
Yes! It's hard to say if more people are just underreporting on SDN though. I know a few people who have received A's from Emory and they do not post on SDNDoes it seem like there have been less reported A’s these last couple of months compared to earlier in the cycle?
could not be more accurate. also, do 100% of the people who met with multicultural affairs with an A get an email from them? in other words, if I met with MCA on my interview day and have not gotten an email, there is no hope for this round?I am literally unable to do anything except check my email, portal, and this thread. help
Ive been wondering the same!could not be more accurate. also, do 100% of the people who met with multicultural affairs with an A get an email from them? in other words, if I met with MCA on my interview day and have not gotten an email, there is no hope for this round?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WhiteMage79
Full Member
I think they part want to just get to know who you are but I wouldn’t be surprised if it somehow slightly factored into admissions scores. Like people say - every interaction on Interview day is probably free game unless otherwise stated. But the people I met were super chill and I actually stepped out to answer the door at one point but everything ended up being okay!During my interview, some people were randomly sent back to talk individually with the admissions committee members. Does anyone know what that was about?
Is there a GroupMe or Facebook group for accepted students??
the same thing happened during my interview -- although I was not one of them. Did anyone get asked to speak to AdCom privately for 5-10 min?During my interview, some people were randomly sent back to talk individually with the admissions committee members. Does anyone know what that was about?
Greenerguns
Full Member
yeah I did but it was more of a 'do you have any other questions kind of thing.' it felt really routine and procedural, not at all like they were trying to get more info. I understand that can obviously be manufactured but it seemed like not a big deal at allthe same thing happened during my interview -- although I was not one of them. Did anyone get asked to speak to AdCom privately for 5-10 min?
I got the A in the mail today!!
that's awesome, congratulations!! mind sharing what month you interviewed and whether you live close to Atlanta (bc you already got the physical mail)?I got the A in the mail today!!
thanks!! i interviewed end of January and yes, I live in Atl!that's awesome, congratulations!! mind sharing what month you interviewed and whether you live close to Atlanta (bc you already got the physical mail)?
massive W getting the A 🙂 . Could you also let us know if you met with office of MCA the day of your interview // if you got an email from them prior to ur acceptance.thanks!! i interviewed end of January and yes, I live in Atl!
basically trying to figure out if we met with MCA and didnt get an email from them if that means no hope for this round.
hmm no I didn't meet with the office of MCAmassive W getting the A 🙂 . Could you also let us know if you met with office of MCA the day of your interview // if you got an email from them prior to ur acceptance.
basically trying to figure out if we met with MCA and didnt get an email from them if that means no hope for this round.
vampireprincess1012
New Member
Acceptance today!
anythingmatcha
Full Member
Did your portals update with the acceptance too?
depaysement
Full Member
Nope not yet!Did your portals update with the acceptance too?
anythingmatcha
Full Member
ok thanks for letting us know! i feel like the portal updates have been pretty inconsistentNope not yet!
depaysement
Full Member
It’s up now! Must have been updated right after I posted hahaok thanks for letting us know! i feel like the portal updates have been pretty inconsistent
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if there are any more interviews left?
abcdecepticon
Full Member
I spoke with admissions today.anyone know if there are any more interviews left?
Their last interview is Feb 26, and all their invitations for that date have been sent out.
She said that IIs will be sporadically sent out through that time, only if others are turning down or pulling out of their IIs.
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
omg noooo that's so sad 🙁 i really thought there was hopeI spoke with admissions today.
Their last interview is Feb 26, and all their invitations for that date have been sent out.
She said that IIs will be sporadically sent out through that time, only if others are turning down or pulling out of their IIs.
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Guess my alma mater doesn't love me after all 😢I spoke with admissions today.
Their last interview is Feb 26, and all their invitations for that date have been sent out.
She said that IIs will be sporadically sent out through that time, only if others are turning down or pulling out of their IIs.
the whole admissions offer tab on the portal is not binding right?