2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think if you are in the alternate pool and you've already sent in your letter with the statement of interest and updates then you should send an LOI in about a month from now as they start to look at waitlists again in April. Do people agree with me?
That's the timeline I was thinking too. I haven't gotten a decision yet (just interviewed 4 weeks ago) and I think Letters of Intent are most helpful when they're looking at the waitlist after kids pull out in April.

Members don't see this ad.

It is just my opinion--- I would send one ASAP. If this is the school you definitely want to attend, send a letter of intent with a brief update. I have a master's degree and needed to send my transcript in. It took about three weeks before it was added to my file. Luckily, I had already been accepted, even though my transcript had not been added. My point is that I am not sure how long it takes them to add things to a file so you might want to do it sooner rather than later.
Just to confirm, did you submit your transcript via your portal? I thought we only received the confirmation email right after submitting a document on our portal and that was it. Nothing after 2-3 weeks telling me that they actually added to my file

Members don't see this ad :)
It is just my opinion--- I would send one ASAP. If this is the school you definitely want to attend, send a letter of intent with a brief update. I have a master's degree and needed to send my transcript in. It took about three weeks before it was added to my file. Luckily, I had already been accepted, even though my transcript had not been added. My point is that I am not sure how long it takes them to add things to a file so you might want to do it sooner rather than later.
Hi. Are people on the alternate list required to send their transcripts? The email only said to send a statement of interest by 03/15.

Hi. Are people on the alternate list required to send their transcripts? The email only said to send a statement of interest by 03/15.
I also would like to know! Although I already submitted my statement of interest due 3/15, so I would have to send an additional update.

My alternate email did not say to submit statement of interest by 3/15. Did anyone else' also not say to submit it?

Were there different alternate emails sent out that said different things?

My alternate email did not say to submit statement of interest by 3/15. Did anyone else' also not say to submit it?

Mine didn’t say that either! I was wondering about that

It was sent in a follow up email. I got it either later in the day or the next day

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also would like to know! Although I already submitted my statement of interest due 3/15, so I would have to send an additional update.

The transcript was a requirement for graduate classes/degrees.
I'm in graduate school and the only requirement I know of is a letter of good standing from program director or registrar. Thank you for the information.

Hey guys, can I get your opinion on something? So I was placed as an alternate this past week and have already submitted my letter they had requested that includes my statement of interest and any updates. However, I didn't realize that I could also update them on new semester grades. Do you guys think that I should send a follow up email to them with my transcript included? I don't want to seem desperate and I don't want to pester them. I will also be sending a letter of intent in April so I really don't want to seem like I'm spamming their email haha. Please let me know your opinions! Thank you!

Hey guys, can I get your opinion on something? So I was placed as an alternate this past week and have already submitted my letter they had requested that includes my statement of interest and any updates. However, I didn't realize that I could also update them on new semester grades. Do you guys think that I should send a follow up email to them with my transcript included? I don't want to seem desperate and I don't want to pester them. I will also be sending a letter of intent in April so I really don't want to seem like I'm spamming their email haha. Please let me know your opinions! Thank you!
as long as you are not actually emailing them but posting necessary documents on your portal, you are not "spamming them". just don't bother them via email whenever you submit something and you will be fine (The dean said something similar during the webinar)

as long as you are not actually emailing them but posting necessary documents on your portal, you are not "spamming them". just don't bother them via email whenever you submit something and you will be fine (The dean said something similar during the webinar)
Thank you! I appreciate your help!

Also does anyone know if they will be having another alternate pool webinar? I wasn't placed as an alternate yet when they had the webinar so I didn't know anything about it.

Also does anyone know if they will be having another alternate pool webinar? I wasn't placed as an alternate yet when they had the webinar so I didn't know anything about it.
uhh depends. I dont think anyone knows as of now, the school said they were planning to email a summary of the webinar, which has not happened yet. They may do another one but they may not. I'd just wait, but someone did post a good summary when the webinar happened, so scroll up!

Hello! You know how people are haring back in waves about being placed on the alternate list... Will the same thing happen with acceptances... will there be a late acceptance wave?

Anyone else’s portal still have them on pre-II hold? Isn’t GW done interviewing?

Reactions: 1 users
sorry if this has been asked already but when's the earliest we can get accepted from the alternate pool?

sorry if this has been asked already but when's the earliest we can get accepted from the alternate pool?
Beginning of April. They start alternate pool review today/this week though.

Beginning of April. They start alternate pool review today/this week though.
oh i see, thank you! also do you possibly know approximately how many people are placed on the alternate list? :/ like over 100+ or ..?

Likely will be tomorrow or Wednesday. They do one a week at least between Monday and Wednesday
True - I thought it would be today given it is the deadline to give out as many acceptances as seats. I guess that means they already reached that benchmark .. spooky

True - I thought it would be today given it is the deadline to give out as many acceptances as seats. I guess that means they already reached that benchmark .. spooky
Where did you hear this from? Does this mean that everyone who hasn't heard back is waitlisted/rejected?

Where did you hear this from? Does this mean that everyone who hasn't heard back is waitlisted/rejected?
Its a policy somewhere on the AMCAS website for all schools - I think it speaks more so for the pace that schools accept/WL/reject versus the actual number.

Hey alternates, did everyone else get this recap of February Alternate Webinar email? In the email they're saying how even if we weren't able to attend they won't hold it against us. But like... I wasn't even placed as an alternate until March. I didn't even know that there was a webinar in the first place. It's like they're addressing us March alternates as if we had a choice to attend or not...

Hey alternates, did everyone else get this recap of February Alternate Webinar email? In the email they're saying how even if we weren't able to attend they won't hold it against us. But like... I wasn't even placed as an alternate until March. I didn't even know that there was a webinar in the first place. It's like they're addressing us March alternates as if we had a choice to attend or not...
I would not worry too much about it. Obviously they know this

Hey guys! Random question, but did anyone have a faculty interview with Anne Linton by any chance?

I'm still feeling concerned and confused about this comment. I interviewed 2/4 and have yet to hear. Does anyone have advice or more information?

I'm still feeling concerned and confused about this comment. I interviewed 2/4 and have yet to hear. Does anyone have advice or more information?

Most schools have hit this benchmark by December. With schools like GW, especially with its unusually high cost of attendance, most of those acceptees will decline the acceptances. I think GW accepts close to 300 people for that reason. I say all that to say, don’t worry about that deadlines, you still have a chance :)

Reactions: 5 users
Who else hasn't heard back post-interview? I interviewed 1/29

Reactions: 1 users
What's the waitlist acceptance rate at this school usually run around?

Reactions: 2 users