2020-2021 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got waitlisted, welp! Invite 12/10, interview 2/9. LizzyM 66ish.

Members don't see this ad.

I also was just waitlisted. interviewed 2/4. Very very sad..... but I guess this is how it goes

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup just got WL’d too, interviewed 1/29
It issss what it issssss🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user
Also waitlisted, interviewed 3/9. While I’m definitely grateful that I didn’t have to endure the long post-interview wait many of you have had to go through, for which I absolutely sympathize, I’m a little worried about what this quick turnaround time means. Was my inability to be accepted so clear that I didn’t require thorough review, or am I totally reading too much into this? I was planning on sending my letter of intent to GW but now am questioning if it would make a difference and if I should send it to another one of my top choices where I am waitlisted.
I really feel this is the blind leading the blind on here... or rather, the stressed leading the stressed... But here is my two cents: a quick turnaround for a later interview is inevitable because apparently GW starts reviewing the alternate list this week... I bet that has to happen when most, if not all interview decisions are made.

I really feel this is the blind leading the blind on here... or rather, the stressed leading the stressed... But here is my two cents: a quick turnaround for a later interview is inevitable because apparently GW starts reviewing the alternate list this week... I bet that has to happen when most, if not all interview decisions are made.
Haha absolutely, that definitely makes sense. Thank you for your input!

Do they really start going over the alternate list this week? I havent heard back post interview yet and I am dreading what seems like an inevitable wait list GWIHFSJOWE THE STRESS

Do they really start going over the alternate list this week? I havent heard back post interview yet and I am dreading what seems like an inevitable wait list GWIHFSJOWE THE STRESS
Re: "Do they really start going over the alternate list this week?" ... not sure! that is just what someone wrote earlier.
But high hopes for you!! At least you missed this wave of WL :)

• Care
Anybody have any strong feelings on addressing LOI to the director of admissions vs to the dean?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone received a financial aid package yet? and if so, do we know when they send out scholarships or if they've already been awarded etc.

I usually go based on who official emails are signed off from !
I agree! But both of them have sent official emails. The director, however, is the only person who has also sent personal emails (responding from medadmit). It's such a formal thing, though, so I don't really know which is better.

I agree! But both of them have sent official emails. The director, however, is the only person who has also sent personal emails (responding from medadmit). It's such a formal thing, though, so I don't really know which is better.
I addressed mine to “admissions committee”

has anyone received a financial aid package yet? and if so, do we know when they send out scholarships or if they've already been awarded etc.
I received a financial aid package which only had loans! I have no clue if things have been awarded otherwise though.

I received a financial aid package which only had loans! I have no clue if things have been awarded otherwise though.
Ditto. There still is an opportunity for a merit scholarship but I have no idea what the amount could be. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 users
Received my A at 4:08 PM ! Interviewed 02/09. Sent my letter of intent within a week of my interview.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hey guys, just got accepted today! Is there an accepted students groupme/FB page or something like that?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who has gotten post-II news!! Does it mean anything that people that have interviewed after you have gotten accepted/WL? I interviewed almost 2 months ago at the end of January and have heard nothing. I don't understand this process at all.

Reactions: 2 users
I usually go based on who official emails are signed off from !
I have received emails from both the dean and the director of admissions, so I'm still uncertain. But thank you for your input!

Does anyone else know who we should address the LOIs to though?

Personally, I am addressing them to the director of admissions, I think either dean or director are appropriate.

I have received emails from both the dean and the director of admissions, so I'm still uncertain. But thank you for your input!

Does anyone else know who we should address the LOIs to though?
If you are concerned you can also do Dear Dean _____, Dr. _____, and Admissions Committee, a little excessive but you'd def have all of your bases covered

If you are concerned you can also do Dear Dean _____, Dr. _____, and Admissions Committee, a little excessive but you'd def have all of your bases covered
Not to pick on details but I actually think the director is a Mr. am I correct? I think he is Mr. Nies

Anyone still on hold for interview? At this point I just need that rejection email for some closure 😅

Reactions: 2 users
Not to pick on details but I actually think the director is a Mr. am I correct? I think he is Mr. Nies
The director is indeed a Mr. rather than Dean/Dr., but in an attempt to calm some nerves, let me reassure you that the way you address the letter is not going to make or break your application. You are all wonderful applicants and GW (and hopefully every school) is giving your application a full review and excited to see who you are and all you've accomplished. It's important to keep things professional in communication, but also remember to take a deep breath and remember the big picture. You have already achieved so much to make it where you are now! I totally understand wanting to get everything right (I was there too and was so stressed about every little detail), but you've got this! Keep your head up and remember that there are so many people rooting for you, and even if this cycle doesn't work out the way you want it to, this doesn't have to be the end of the road. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 6 users
The director is indeed a Mr. rather than Dean/Dr., but in an attempt to calm some nerves, let me reassure you that the way you address the letter is not going to make or break your application. You are all wonderful applicants and GW (and hopefully every school) is giving your application a full review and excited to see who you are and all you've accomplished. It's important to keep things professional in communication, but also remember to take a deep breath and remember the big picture. You have already achieved so much to make it where you are now! I totally understand wanting to get everything right (I was there too and was so stressed about every little detail), but you've got this! Keep your head up and remember that there are so many people rooting for you, and even if this cycle doesn't work out the way you want it to, this doesn't have to be the end of the road. Good luck to all of you!
I needed this, thank you.

Does anyone know if GW is done interviewing?? I haven't heard anything since I was put on hold in August lol so I'm assuming its an R but ?? any advice? should I send them anything?

The interview season for this cycle has officially ended yesterday. The turnaround time is pretty fast now, so I'd suggest those who want to send in an update or LOI definitely do it now.
(March 11th)
Does anyone know if GW is done interviewing?? I haven't heard anything since I was put on hold in August lol so I'm assuming its an R but ?? any advice? should I send them anything?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you -- multiple users have stated on here that GW is done interviewing

Hey guys I received the email that they wanted a letter of interest by the March 25th but since this school is my top choice should I skip right ahead to a Letter of Intent?

Hey guys I received the email that they wanted a letter of interest by the March 25th but since this school is my top choice should I skip right ahead to a Letter of Intent?
I would! Definitely since it's your top choice.

So I actually sent them that letter of interest in response to being put on the alternate pool, but im also writing a letter of intent as well because my letter of interest was due by March 15th so a bit of time has past since they have heard from me. Anyone else in the same boat

So I actually sent them that letter of interest in response to being put on the alternate pool, but im also writing a letter of intent as well because my letter of interest was due by March 15th so a bit of time has past since they have heard from me. Anyone else in the same boat
I sent a letter of intent instead after I got the WL mail. I expressed my interest and intent in there.

Rejected just now. Congrats everyone who got accepted and interviewed!

• Care
Here for my weekly check in to let you know that I am still screaming into the void waiting to hear back... two months of silence.. going insane

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
anybody hear back who was waitlisted after submitting an update before March 19 (info from the email they sent)? I am just seeing this deadline now and don't know if that means it's over or if I should still fill out the FAFSA and send the update?

anybody hear back who was waitlisted after submitting an update before March 19 (info from the email they sent)? I am just seeing this deadline now and don't know if that means it's over or if I should still fill out the FAFSA and send the update?
did you submit your update/LOI before 3/19? Then you are good. nobody on the waitlist heard back yet! If you did not submit by 3/19, i believe they automatically remove you from the waitlist