You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone applied to/interview for/or in the PSAP program? I'd love to chat via DM!
Pandaland
Full Member
II just now! Complete 10/14 so that was a crazy fast turnaround
congrats! may I ask what did you use the essay for "additional information" to talk about?
Not sure what kind of info to put there myself
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Philly145
Full Member
To those that got interviews and/or acceptances, what did you use your "additional information" essay to talk about? I'm not sure what to use the space for - a covid impact essay, overcoming a challenge, or a "why us" essay
Thanks and congrats!
I did a Why Us .. was accepted this week.
I wrote a very detailed "why us," and my interviewer mentioned that he was very impressed by it! It guided part of our conversation and seemed to be really positive to include. Accepted Oct 15.To those that got interviews and/or acceptances, what did you use your "additional information" essay to talk about? I'm not sure what to use the space for - a covid impact essay, overcoming a challenge, or a "why us" essay
Thanks and congrats!
i wrote about a challenge that I am overcoming, discussed what I learned through the struggles and transitioned to a "why Jefferson" paragraph. Also, there is a separate secondary question about covid impact, aside from the "additional information" question, so maybe you can save that topic for that question. II 9/29To those that got interviews and/or acceptances, what did you use your "additional information" essay to talk about? I'm not sure what to use the space for - a covid impact essay, overcoming a challenge, or a "why us" essay
Thanks and congrats!
To those that got interviews and/or acceptances, what did you use your "additional information" essay to talk about? I'm not sure what to use the space for - a covid impact essay, overcoming a challenge, or a "why us" essay
Thanks and congrats!
I talked about what I'm doing during my gap year, no mention of why us, was accepted on Thursday
congrats! may I ask what did you use the essay for "additional information" to talk about?
Not sure what kind of info to put there myself
I did Diversity + why us!
theycallmerel
Full Member
To those that got interviews and/or acceptances, what did you use your "additional information" essay to talk about? I'm not sure what to use the space for - a covid impact essay, overcoming a challenge, or a "why us" essay
Thanks and congrats!
I did a fairly brief Why Us and got in!
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Anyone else complete late September and have not heard anything?
Anyone else complete late September and have not heard anything?
fwiw they told us at the interview that they received around 11,000 applications this cycle (more than normal), so there could definitely be delays with them trying to figure out how to process so many apps
poptarts5921
Full Member
I was complete in mid August and haven’t heard anything. Kind of a bummer to watch people get accepted when I don’t know if they’ve looked at my ap. Maybe I’ll send an update?Anyone else complete late September and have not heard anything?
That said, congrats everybody!!
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Totally feeling the same way. Wish you the best!I was complete in mid August and haven’t heard anything. Kind of a bummer to watch people get accepted when I don’t know if they’ve looked at my ap. Maybe I’ll send an update?
That said, congrats everybody!!
poptarts5921
Full Member
You too!Totally feeling the same way. Wish you the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoctor2750
Full Member
Complete 8/16 and been under review for a month, no news....anyone else had this experience?
Complete 8/16 and been under review for a month, no news....anyone else had this experience?
Complete July 12th. Still nothing..
+1Complete July 12th. Still nothing..
any MD PHD applicants get a response? I was complete early sept and still no reply
theycallmerel
Full Member
There’s a tab on the portal for it! Something along the lines of “Admissions Decision”Has anyone paid the $100 deposit yet? How do we do it?
There’s a tab on the portal for it! Something along the lines of “Admissions Decision”
This is all I see in that tab. No place to pay the deposit, although I did confirm my seat. Did you do something else where you actually put in your credit card info?
I applied for the PSAP program this cycle!Anyone applied to/interview for/or in the PSAP program? I'd love to chat via DM!
+1Complete 8/16 and been under review for a month, no news....anyone else had this experience?
theycallmerel
Full Member
Ok so I couldn’t remember if I was living in a simulation and actually paid or not. I think you’ve confirmed that I probably didn’t either. But it’s not due before Apr 30th anyways, which is when you have to decide on one final schoolThis is all I see in that tab. No place to pay the deposit, although I did confirm my seat. Did you do something else where you actually put in your credit card info?
View attachment 321002
are you by any chance URM? I submitted exactly a month ago and really thought I'd get some love, especially since they're lacking in the URM departmentII just now! Complete 10/14 so that was a crazy fast turnaround
are you by any chance URM? I submitted exactly a month ago and really thought I'd get some love, especially since they're lacking in the URM department
OOS ORM, no ties
Anyone else complete late September and have not heard anything?
Same 🙁 trying to stay ~positive~
Buddy, I was complete early september and still radio silence lolSame 🙁 trying to stay ~positive~
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
houseplantaficionado
Full Member
I've been complete here since July and it is my #1 choice, so it's not just you.Buddy, I was complete early september and still radio silence lol
regular md or md phd?I've been complete here since July and it is my #1 choice, so it's not just you.
houseplantaficionado
Full Member
regular MD and I like to think I'm an exact match for their school, but apparently not! I'll have to wait and see.regular md or md phd?
good luck to us then! any news from other schools?regular MD and I like to think I'm an exact match for their school, but apparently not! I'll have to wait and see.
floridaheatkills
Full Member
anyone going to the info session tomorrow? this school actually seems to put in effort for those sessions, and i'm looking forward to it!
can you link me to the info session? Or is it just for those invited for interview?anyone going to the info session tomorrow? this school actually seems to put in effort for those sessions, and i'm looking forward to it!
tunaktunak
Full Member
Have they stopped sending II's or something? I've been complete since mid July
floridaheatkills
Full Member
like the person below you said, it's full... i signed up like a month ago, sorry!can you link me to the info session? Or is it just for those invited for interview?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
This school averages MCATs if you've taken it multiple times... this is news to me
ouch. this explains a lot. RIP, y'all.This school averages MCATs if you've taken it multiple times... this is news to me
moonbeam28
Full Member
I’m a student here at SKMC happy to answer any questions over DM 🙂
What is LM 76 means ?LM 76, scheduled for earliest date available which was mid-Dec
ouch. this explains a lot. RIP, y'all.
Big time ouch for me!
D
deleted1075607
h
how good is fin aidI’m a student here at SKMC happy to answer any questions over DM 🙂
Lizzy M score. GPA x 10 + MCAT on old scale. You can Google it for origin.What is LM 76 means ?
Example: 3.9 and 513 would be LM = 39 + 32 = 71.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Philly145
Full Member
This is all I see in that tab. No place to pay the deposit, although I did confirm my seat. Did you do something else where you actually put in your credit card info?
View attachment 321002
Did you end up being able to pay the 100$? There's nothing I can find in my portal to be able to pay it.
Should be an email incoming with more details soon, according to their office.Did you end up being able to pay the 100$? There's nothing I can find in my portal to be able to pay it.
moonbeam28
Full Member
h
how good is fin aid
im sorry i cant speak personally from any experience with financial aid, but i have heard good things and that they are highly responsive and communicative 🙂