You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
TriWinning
Pierce the heavens!!
Does that mean they're done with earlier Completes?
Does that mean they're done with earlier Completes?
Yeah I’m wondering this too. I was complete mid July.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They weren't going in order earlier in the cycle so I'd guess they would continue to go in weird order. Also in previous cycles they didn't really strictly go in order of completes eitherYeah I’m wondering this too. I was complete mid July.
D
deleted1067657
Yes, within the next 1-40 business weeksComplete since 7/24 and no updates.... Does anyone know when the next wave of II or R coming in?

*as said by another, funnier SDNer
lessiknowthebetter
Full Member
I didn’t include my SAT or ACT scores ..... Idk why I thought it was optional. Am I screwed?
I didn’t include my SAT or ACT scores ..... Idk why I thought it was optional. Am I screwed?
It’s not optional? I took the SAT 15 years ago and definitely didn’t put anything. No clue what I got.
D
deleted1062113
def optionalIt’s not optional? I took the SAT 15 years ago and definitely didn’t put anything. No clue what I got.
theycallmerel
Full Member
Anyone know how “optional” the Tuesday night portion of interview is? I really don’t want to miss work. Alternatively: would it be inappropriate to join the meeting tonight in my scrubs from my office?
You could like throw on a nice jacket/throwover over your scrubs, but it also says informal so I really was planning on showing up in nice casualAnyone know how “optional” the Tuesday night portion of interview is? I really don’t want to miss work. Alternatively: would it be inappropriate to join the meeting tonight in my scrubs from my office?
theycallmerel
Full Member
You could like throw on a nice jacket/throwover over your scrubs, but it also says informal so I really was planning on showing up in nice casual
Thanks! I talked to my boss since posting and will just go in a little late following the meeting 🙂 See you there
Anyone know how “optional” the Tuesday night portion of interview is? I really don’t want to miss work. Alternatively: would it be inappropriate to join the meeting tonight in my scrubs from my office?
It's fine as long as the scrubs are Figs, and you also are wearing an embroidered Patagonia vest.
theycallmerel
Full Member
It's fine as long as the scrubs are Figs, and you also are wearing an embroidered Patagonia vest.
I will be going into work late following the meeting, at which I will be completely anonymous to you all in my business casual attire 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II yesterday, complete 7/16. I scrolled the calendar up to July but only saw 1 available interview spot in December though. Has it also been like this for anyone? Will they open up more spots everyday or in a few days?
Also, can anyone who had already interviewed please kindly provide some insights, especially now that interviews are conducted via Zoom?
Also, can anyone who had already interviewed please kindly provide some insights, especially now that interviews are conducted via Zoom?
Last edited:
philip675645
Full Member
Hey! I just got an II and the whole calendar is all gray even throughout the spring, is the system just down?II yesterday, complete 7/16. I scrolled the calendar up to July but only saw 1 available interview spot in December though. Has it also been like this for anyone? Will they open up more spots everyday or in a few days?
Also, can anyone who had already interviewed please kindly provide some insights, especially now that interviews are conducted via Zoom?
Tall_Premed23
Full Member
+1 I dont know what to do..Hey! I just got an II and the whole calendar is all gray even throughout the spring, is the system just down?
Tall_Premed23
Full Member
Just emailed admissions and was told to call Mr. Luel San Diego at: (215) 955-6389 to be assisted with scheduling an interview
D
deleted1038508
Just finished Jeff interviews. Interviewers were incredibly nice. It was just a very casual conversation about life and the different experiences we’ve had. Nothing unexpected or challenging/scary
Last edited by a moderator:
elrm257
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats and complete date?II yesterday, complete 7/16. I scrolled the calendar up to July but only saw 1 available interview spot in December though. Has it also been like this for anyone? Will they open up more spots everyday or in a few days?
Also, can anyone who had already interviewed please kindly provide some insights, especially now that interviews are conducted via Zoom?
D
deleted1038508
You get an email with all the zoom links you need and what times you need to go to them. It's very easy. Just keep yourself muted when you're in big groups of people. And try to look into your camera when you're speaking with someone so that they feel like you're looking at them. Everything else is pretty chill/normal. It's actually MUCHHHH easier than interviewing in person (which I did last year).II yesterday, complete 7/16. I scrolled the calendar up to July but only saw 1 available interview spot in December though. Has it also been like this for anyone? Will they open up more spots everyday or in a few days?
Also, can anyone who had already interviewed please kindly provide some insights, especially now that interviews are conducted via Zoom?
philip675645
Full Member
Same here, did u just end up getting a confirmation via email?Just emailed admissions and was told to call Mr. Luel San Diego at: (215) 955-6389 to be assisted with scheduling an interview
I checked the interview portal just now, some dates opened up in Jan/Feb and forward!Same here, did u just end up getting a confirmation via email?
Tall_Premed23
Full Member
Yea he personally sent me a confirmation email a few hours after the callSame here, did u just end up getting a confirmation via email?
Is it true that Jefferson posts pre-II R on the portal?
R
Removed 982794
Do they also run really early? I submitted late August and have not heard anything
i have 2 science professor lors and 2 physician lors. They told me that they require 2 science and 1 humanities lors. However i have had 2 gap years so I was hoping there would be an exemption since they are the two physicians i work with. They told me to add that to optional info on my secondary but I already submitted my secondary. What should i do?
plebienrebels
Full Member
II! Complete July 14th, earliest interview date was Jan 6.
D
deleted785419
Just came in?II! Complete July 14th, earliest interview date was Jan 6.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plebienrebels
Full Member
Like 2 hours ago.Just came in?
Congrats! But also wow already scheduling into jan damnII! Complete July 14th, earliest interview date was Jan 6.
Yeah I'm confused because people say the app process is pushed back by a month or so, but many schools are scheduling into winter, how does this make sense? But I suspect this probably happens every year and somehow there is still space for Oct/Nov IIsCongrats! But also wow already scheduling into jan damn
joshuamarcus
Full Member
Yeah I'm confused because people say the app process is pushed back by a month or so, but many schools are scheduling into winter, how does this make sense? But I suspect this probably happens every year and somehow there is still space for Oct/Nov IIs
Probably people canceling their interviews if they get into a better school
I think a lot of people still applied enough that the cycle did not get too affected as we expected. Many other schools are scheduling into feb/march right now which scares meYeah I'm confused because people say the app process is pushed back by a month or so, but many schools are scheduling into winter, how does this make sense? But I suspect this probably happens every year and somehow there is still space for Oct/Nov IIs
One that I can remember is geisinger commonwealth. They are scheduling march interviews right nowwhich schools besides tulane are scheduling that deep?
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Yes, this to me is admittedly a very concerning element of this cycle. Ordinarily all-star applicants who are receiving 8+ IIs will turn some of them down because they don't want to pay $$$ for flights and hotels at 10, 12, or more schools. But with things being virtual, I am concerned that won't happen this year. In fact there was just a residency PD who modeled the same scenario for the ERAS match and predicted that if residency applicants accept every one of their interviews, there will be many people who don't match. Obviously the residency match is different than the med school application process in many ways, but the larger principle applies. So I do hope that folks who receive lots of IIs consider canceling interviews at places they really have no intention of going to, even though they are virtual.Probably people canceling their interviews if they get into a better school
Last edited:
D
deleted1054719
Yes, this to me is admittedly a very concerning element of this cycle. Ordinarily all-start applicants who are receiving 8+ IIs will turn some of them down because they don't want to pay $$$ for flights and hotels at 10, 12, or more schools. But with things being virtual, I am concerned that won't happen this year. In fact there was just a residency PD who modeled the same scenario for the ERAS match and predicted that if residency applicants accept every one of their interviews, there will be many people who don't match. Obvious the residency match is different than the med school application process in many ways, but the larger principle applies. So I do hope that folks who receive lots of IIs consider canceling interviews at places they really have no intention of going to, even though they are virtual.
I imagine a lot of these cancellations will occur post-Oct 15th and that is when I would personally expect major II movement. I certainly intend to withdraw from some of mine at that time if one of my schools work out on that date.
I was wondering if schools are interviewing more people to account for lower yield because of this, but I haven't heard anything of itYes, this to me is admittedly a very concerning element of this cycle. Ordinarily all-start applicants who are receiving 8+ IIs will turn some of them down because they don't want to pay $$$ for flights and hotels at 10, 12, or more schools. But with things being virtual, I am concerned that won't happen this year. In fact there was just a residency PD who modeled the same scenario for the ERAS match and predicted that if residency applicants accept every one of their interviews, there will be many people who don't match. Obvious the residency match is different than the med school application process in many ways, but the larger principle applies. So I do hope that folks who receive lots of IIs consider canceling interviews at places they really have no intention of going to, even though they are virtual.
YoloSwagCats
Full Member
Yes, this to me is admittedly a very concerning element of this cycle. Ordinarily all-start applicants who are receiving 8+ IIs will turn some of them down because they don't want to pay $$$ for flights and hotels at 10, 12, or more schools. But with things being virtual, I am concerned that won't happen this year. In fact there was just a residency PD who modeled the same scenario for the ERAS match and predicted that if residency applicants accept every one of their interviews, there will be many people who don't match. Obvious the residency match is different than the med school application process in many ways, but the larger principle applies. So I do hope that folks who receive lots of IIs consider canceling interviews at places they really have no intention of going to, even though they are virtual.
My guess is that there will be a lot of waitlist movement this year in May.
Who do I contact for update letters? The FAQ says to contact the Dean of Admissions and their email is [email protected].
Is this correct? Just asking because most schools seem to have a dedicated office for this rather than an individual person's email. Don't want to come off as annoying by contacting the wrong person.
Is this correct? Just asking because most schools seem to have a dedicated office for this rather than an individual person's email. Don't want to come off as annoying by contacting the wrong person.
lethargicdaffodil
New Member
i have 2 science professor lors and 2 physician lors. They told me that they require 2 science and 1 humanities lors. However i have had 2 gap years so I was hoping there would be an exemption since they are the two physicians i work with. They told me to add that to optional info on my secondary but I already submitted my secondary. What should i do?
Hi I also had 2 science letters and 2 physician letters but received a II, I didn't know they required a humanities letter? I wouldn't worry about it.
R
Removed 982794
YesHas the under review status always been there underneath application complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glitterdemon
Full Member
anyone know if there's a way to know who your interviewers are pre-interview?? i know other schools put the assignments on the portals or in emails...
This person who interviewed already said that they met their interviewers for the first time on the day of the interviewanyone know if there's a way to know who your interviewers are pre-interview?? i know other schools put the assignments on the portals or in emails...
I asked LOL they said you cannot know names of your interviewers beforehandanyone know if there's a way to know who your interviewers are pre-interview?? i know other schools put the assignments on the portals or in emails...
Does anyone know their update policy, or if they even accept updates at all?
Does anyone know their update policy, or if they even accept updates at all?
They accept updates; email the dean of admissions (email on school website).
I think Jefferson is considered one of the “needy” med schools that like updates to see that applicants are still interested. Not 100% sure about that though