2020-2021 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed them and they said yes but no ones heard back in the New Year afaik
Thank you for emailing them and sharing their feedback! Let’s continue hoping, then

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What is the latest interview date we think may be included in the late-January decision date?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any II's lately?
II today!! Oh my goodness, I was so surprised. This was my dream school and I gave up hope after seeing things wind down on this thread. I'm so so so so so thankful. Hope others got II's today too!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
II today!! Oh my goodness, I was so surprised. This was my dream school and I gave up hope after seeing things wind down on this thread. I'm so so so so so thankful. Hope others got II's today too!
Congratulations! What’s the latest interview date available?

did anyone in a september or later "complete email" batch hear back about II?

Has anyone complete since mid-October received an interview yet?

• Hmm
also got an II today!! Super surprised and excited! I was complete in September. Last dates available were last week of January.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think that sending a post-interview letter of interest could sway the scale? I had a couple updates on my application so I sent them a one page PDF, and on that document I included one paragraph about how much I liked the school etc etc. But now I'm reading last year's forum and seeing all those post-II R's and it made me nervous lol! So Idk if I should send a second e-mail that's purely a LOI, or if that would be too neurotic!

Do we think that sending a post-interview letter of interest could sway the scale? I had a couple updates on my application so I sent them a one page PDF, and on that document I included one paragraph about how much I liked the school etc etc. But now I'm reading last year's forum and seeing all those post-II R's and it made me nervous lol! So Idk if I should send a second e-mail that's purely a LOI, or if that would be too neurotic!
I was watching an interview with Paul White and he was saying not to send Letters of Intent. He said significant updates are fine, but he definitely was discouraging letters of intent: (time 29:26)

• Love
I was watching an interview with Paul White and he was saying not to send Letters of Intent. He said significant updates are fine, but he definitely was discouraging letters of intent: (time 29:26)

Awesome, thank you so much!

• Care
For those who interviewed in late December, do you know when we will likely hear back for final decisions?

Hi! Does anyone know how we should send thank you letters if we can't find our interviewer's email address online? Also, I think if you interviewed in late December you will hear back at the end of this month. If you interviewed this past week or later, decisions will be out in March. Thanks!
I think you can send it directly to Valerie

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone interviewing tomorrow (especially for the MSTP Program), have you received your schedules or links yet? For people that interviewed previously, when did you get your schedules?

For anyone interviewing tomorrow (especially for the MSTP Program), have you received your schedules or links yet? For people that interviewed previously, when did you get your schedules?
Oh so it's not just me. MSTP applicant, I am also anxiously awaiting..... I gotta study up on these PIs!!

I feel so out of my element and nervous for this interview, y'all. Feelin' like this is my first time or something. :rofl: Do people who have already interviewed have any advice? Should I calm my nerves or will I need them to stay quick on my feet? Should I expect to be grilled with tough/confusing/tricky/unexpected questions?

I feel so out of my element and nervous for this interview, y'all. Feelin' like this is my first time or something. :rofl: Do people who have already interviewed have any advice? Should I calm my nerves or will I need them to stay quick on my feet? Should I expect to be grilled with tough/confusing/tricky/unexpected questions?

These were some of the most conversational interviews I had, and everyone was so kind and down-to-earth! Just be yourself, I really just got the sense that they just want to get to know you. :)

• Care
Is it always best practice to pick the earliest interview date? I'm wondering if scheduling a date for next week vs. the week after will make much of a difference. Thank you for any advice/thoughts in advance!

Is it always best practice to pick the earliest interview date? I'm wondering if scheduling a date for next week vs. the week after will make much of a difference. Thank you for any advice/thoughts in advance!

I think the difference of a week will be insignificant

Unless they have monthly acceptance releases it shouldn't matter.

For me the last day to register was January 29th, so I guess they're slowly opening more timeslots?

Anyone from the mid-December interview cohort hear back yet? I was told late Jan/early Feb during my interview, but I'm sure the date range was left intentionally vague.

Anyone from the mid-December interview cohort hear back yet? I was told late Jan/early Feb during my interview, but I'm sure the date range was left intentionally vague.
Dec. 4th interviewer - I was told we'd hear back last week of January, with the latest date of February 1st.

Can you provide stats? Any hope for II moving forward? When do they send it their Rs? Thanks

Can you provide stats? Any hope for II moving forward? When do they send it their Rs? Thanks
522, 3.93. LM and WARS in sig. I honestly have no clue whether they're doing more/when they will be. When I was invited, 1/29 was the last date available to sign up. Check back on this thread, there may be other posters who have more recent info.

II Just now!, complete in early August. Last date available was 2/5.

Also received an II, complete late July, LM 77. Last date available was feb 5th

just got an interview!!!! Complete sometime in mid Aug.

Last edited:
Just got an II too! the last date open was 02/05. but all of the faculty interview slots have been filled while all of the student interview slots are open. Thus, I can't sign up. I'm both delirious and afraid they sent it to me by mistake! Anyone in similar boat? Any advice?

II! Last date available 2/5, but there are no faculty interviews available, so not sure what's up with that. I'll call tomorrow and ask.

II! Last date available 2/5, but there are no faculty interviews available, so not sure what's up with that. I'll call tomorrow and ask.
I got the exact same problem! Planning to email them first thing tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous.

A question for those who have interviewed, what does the schedule of the day look like? Does it start with the noon-1 PM orientation and then the 2 1-hour interviews? Is that it or do we have something else before noon? Also, do the interviews take the whole hour?