2020-2021 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R as expected! Haha Complete late July. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
+1 Pre-II R, completed mid-July.

• Care
I also just got a pre-II R. Good luck to everyone interviewing!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R as well, complete 7/24. I enjoyed this quote from the rejection email "We trust that you will not be discouraged by our inability to offer you a position at this school"

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It’s been real, y’all. Sad because this was my dream school, but I will recover. Good luck to you all with the rest of the cycle ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
anyone in a september (or later) batch get a pre-II R? or are they going month by month

Pre-II R complete 7/22. Expected lol

• Care
completed 8/28 and no R either
im expecting an R anyways, but just thought I'd add this as a data point lol

Pre II R complete mid aug

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete July, nothing back yet

II! Received today (Tuesday) in the AM.
Complete early August. Still in a state of total shock O_O

Earliest slot is 1/7/21!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Got an interview this morning too! So excited! January 7th and 8th were available to click but there was no faculty interview time available on either of those days, so the only ones that were really available were January 14th and 15th.
Do you mind sharing when you were complete?

II earlier today. LM 80, OOS, ORM complete 8/12

Reactions: 7 users
If we're interviewing this late, are our chances of being accepted lower?
I think technically yes bc Hopkins does rolling admissions. They’ve already partially filled their class so those of us interviewing now are competing for fewer seats. But a chance is still a chance!

• Love
I have received no communication from this school after their secondary invite. I was complete in early September. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I just assume an R at this point?

I have received no communication from this school after their secondary invite. I was complete in early September. Is anyone else in the same boat? Should I just assume an R at this point?
It's not an R until it's an R. I know a lot of people that submitted after you (October) and have gotten pre-II R's....

It's not an R until it's an R. I know a lot of people that submitted after you (October) and have gotten pre-II R's....
A lot of people who submitted in October and received pre-II R’s from here, or are you speaking in general including other schools?

Submitted in July and still no pre-II R so don't give up hope yet!

II, complete late july. interview dates are now mid-late Jan.

• Love
It for sure isn't an R until it's an R! I submitted my secondary in late October (like 3 days before it was due 😬) and interviewed in late Jan. I was accepted without WL so please please don't give up hope! If you have any specific anxieties or questions I'm more than happy to answer PM's!

• Love
Sorry, this might be a dumb question, but is there a way to check your application status?

Not dumb at all!! I think they should give some sort of status to the application. It’s absurd for the cycle to be this long! I was complete in mid july and radio silence. Unfortunately they dont have any app status update :( sad

• Love
Not dumb at all!! I think they should give some sort of status to the application. It’s absurd for the cycle to be this long! I was complete in mid july and radio silence. Unfortunately they dont have any app status update :( sad
I emailed them before break and all they said is “your app is still under review” :/

I emailed them before break and all they said is “your app is still under review” :/

I feel you :/ it’s so frustrating to spend months without any update when we put so much work into these apps!

I applied to a Canadian school and loved their system: they tell you the day on which everyone is notified whether they get an II or not, then a day for all decisions!!!! It’s so much less anxiety-inducing, I don’t know why US schools don’t create a system like that to reduce the stress and confusion

I feel you :/ it’s so frustrating to spend months without any update when we put so much work into these apps!

I applied to a Canadian school and loved their system: they tell you the day on which everyone is notified whether they get an II or not, then a day for all decisions!!!! It’s so much less anxiety-inducing, I don’t know why US schools don’t create a system like that to reduce the stress and confusion
AND Canadian schools don’t do rolling admissions!!

To those who’ve interviewed already, what was the vibe of the meeting with the M4s on interview day? Was it fishbowl or have they scrapped that for virtual?

To those who’ve interviewed already, what was the vibe of the meeting with the M4s on interview day? Was it fishbowl or have they scrapped that for virtual?
It was pretty relaxed, at least on my day. The M4s were very cool and told us not to worry about the "fishbowl" reputation. I think everyone on my interview day asked one or two questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Are interviews still being sent out from here?

Reactions: 1 user