You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Kentucky
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tequillamockingbird
Full Member
While I have some ties to Kentucky, none were very explicit in my primary other than I also live/grew up in the bordering city of Cincy, so I think you have a good shot at receiving one!Okay cool I work in northern KY although I currently live in cincy. I’ve been working there for 2 years and will be my whole gap year so I’m hopeful they’ll send me a secondary. I also have family living in eastern KY
While I have some ties to Kentucky, none were very explicit in my primary other than I also live/grew up in the bordering city of Cincy, so I think you have a good shot at receiving one!
Okay cool thanks! And hello fellow Cincinnatian 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS. Received secondary 7/21, submitted secondary 7/28, Interview Invite 8/18, Interview scheduled for 9/9.
Last edited:
OOS. Received secondary 7/21, submitted secondary 7/28, Interview Invite 8/18, Interview scheduled for 9/30.
Which campus?
Bowling Green, which is my top choice. My desire to get my MPH at the same time limited my initial interest to Lexington or Bowling Green, and between those two, my wife and I prefer to live in (and future practice to be in) a smaller city setting, which eliminated Lexington for us between the two. Obviously would be fine with Lexington, but if given the option, prefer Bowling Green. Additionally, that campus would keep us closer to both of our families and we have some family friends who live right outside of BG.Which campus?
OOS; primary verified today (08/18) and secondary also received today!!
Are you ED? They said any spots before 9/16 were for ED and the earliest spot they had for me was 11/10. Also OOS and received II 8/19.OOS. Received secondary 7/21, submitted secondary 7/28, Interview Invite 8/18, Interview scheduled for 9/9.
I am not ED. I was originally scheduled for 9/30, but upon emailing the Bowling Green Campus coordinator to just get a little information about the structure of the interview, she offered my the earlier date.Are you ED? They said any spots before 9/16 were for ED and the earliest spot they had for me was 11/10. Also OOS and received II 8/19.
I appears as though you are applying for the Lexington Campus. That is why we have a difference in interview options. Each campus has a completely separate interview process and structure.Are you ED? They said any spots before 9/16 were for ED and the earliest spot they had for me was 11/10. Also OOS and received II 8/19.
Has anyone received an II to the Northern Kentucky campus? It’s my first choice and I am about to submit the secondary 🙂
OOS people - how did you answer these two questions differently? They feel very similar to me
“Please elaborate on persona characteristics and any accomplishments and experiences that you feel help to demonstrate your potential to contribute to the college and profession of medicine”
“Please share unique, personally important, and/or challenging facts in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or life/work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.”
I’m ORM and didn’t necessarily have any difficulties growing up. They both almost seem like diversity essays to me
“Please elaborate on persona characteristics and any accomplishments and experiences that you feel help to demonstrate your potential to contribute to the college and profession of medicine”
“Please share unique, personally important, and/or challenging facts in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or life/work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.”
I’m ORM and didn’t necessarily have any difficulties growing up. They both almost seem like diversity essays to me
OOS people - how did you answer these two questions differently? They feel very similar to me
“Please elaborate on persona characteristics and any accomplishments and experiences that you feel help to demonstrate your potential to contribute to the college and profession of medicine”
“Please share unique, personally important, and/or challenging facts in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or life/work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.”
I’m ORM and didn’t necessarily have any difficulties growing up. They both almost seem like diversity essays to me
OK, I'm struggling on the same thing right now. I'm being more specific with the first one and more general with the second.
OK, I'm struggling on the same thing right now. I'm being more specific with the first one and more general with the second.
That’s what I ended up doing too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received an II to the Northern Kentucky campus? It’s my first choice and I am about to submit the secondary 🙂
I’m interviewing at nky next week
II!!!! Northern Kentucky campus.
Complete 08/21 LM 67
Complete 08/21 LM 67
Stats if you don’t mind?II!!!! Northern Kentucky campus.
Complete 08/21 LM 67
Stats if you don’t mind?
MCAT: 505 cGPA: 3.83 sGPA: 3.6
psychneuro33
Full Member
II just now! I'm crying and feel like I'm being punked.... complete 08/31 and interview is scheduled for 10/01
OOS but strong ties
OOS but strong ties
tequillamockingbird
Full Member
congrats! which campus?II just now! I'm crying and feel like I'm being punked.... complete 08/31 and interview is scheduled for 10/01
OOS but strong ties
II today for Morehead campus! Complete 8/28, OOS.
psychneuro33
Full Member
NKY!congrats! which campus?
Stats if you don’t mind?II just now! I'm crying and feel like I'm being punked.... complete 08/31 and interview is scheduled for 10/01
OOS but strong ties
Stats if you don’t mind?II today for Morehead campus! Complete 8/28, OOS.
Stats if you don’t mind?
cGPA 3.54 sGPA 3.17 MCAT 513
psychneuro33
Full Member
3.5 cGPA, sGPA 3.2, MCAT low 500'sStats if you don’t mind?
ties to the state?
I used to work in EKY
I am OOS with no ties and LizzyM of 66. I received an II so it's definitely possible for youAny OOS with interviews without strong ties? I live in OH, about 2 hours from Lexington, so it would be an ideal location for me to go. But I have no formal ties to the state. Should I add UK or nah?
When were you complete? Thanks in advanceI am OOS with no ties and LizzyM of 66. I received an II so it's definitely possible for you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't remember exactly, but towards the of July. Maybe 28 or 27.When were you complete? Thanks in advance
I was an OOS OH applicant with absolutely no ties, took the chance and now a UKCOM M1 about to take my second anatomy test! Please take the chance and add UK!!!Any OOS with interviews without strong ties? I live in OH, about 2 hours from Lexington, so it would be an ideal location for me to go. But I have no formal ties to the state. Should I add UK or nah?
Which campus are you interviewing at?I am OOS with no ties and LizzyM of 66. I received an II so it's definitely possible for you
Lexington in mid-NovemberWhich campus are you interviewing at?
tequillamockingbird
Full Member
Did anybody else wait over 2 weeks (the time frame given in their email) to hear about a possible interview? or am I being ghosted lol
Accepted last week!
interviewed 8/13
primary application sent in 5/28
verified 5/28 lol same day i know i must have gotten lucky in the queue
Secondary received and completed 7/23
accepted 08/27
Love this school and cant wait to attend!!! The people at the school are some of the best individuals ive ever met!
interviewed 8/13
primary application sent in 5/28
verified 5/28 lol same day i know i must have gotten lucky in the queue
Secondary received and completed 7/23
accepted 08/27
Love this school and cant wait to attend!!! The people at the school are some of the best individuals ive ever met!
Accepted last week!
interviewed 8/13
primary application sent in 5/28
verified 5/28 lol same day i know i must have gotten lucky in the queue
Secondary received and completed 7/23
accepted 08/27
Love this school and cant wait to attend!!! The people at the school are some of the best individuals ive ever met!
Congrats!! Which campus are you attending and are you early decision?
Is there any current M1s lurking the Thread Specifically the Lexington Campus? I am currently at Willy T and Wanted to ask some questions regarding M1 year and the school. Will provide Food/Coffee/Beverage of choice lol
I am a clinical researcher for UK and Was Accepted into the College of Medicine Lexington Campus Last Week lol
also if there are no lexington M1 peeps anyone a M1 at the other campus i can talk to?
Thank you so much!
I love this School For real
I am a clinical researcher for UK and Was Accepted into the College of Medicine Lexington Campus Last Week lol
also if there are no lexington M1 peeps anyone a M1 at the other campus i can talk to?
Thank you so much!
I love this School For real
Hi there, thank you for being willing to share insight! I am wondering about student orgs and groups- do all the campuses have the same groups? I'm particularly interested in the Lexington campus, and looking through the different groups/orgs, I'm not sure if they are all offered at all campuses. Also, how is UKCOM in terms of student wellness programs? Thank you!Hello all, I'm an M1 at the University of Kentucky Northern Kentucky Campus. If you have any questions about UKCOM or the Northern Kentucky Campus, let me know! We just finished our first anatomy exam🙂
Lexington Campus and yes was EDCongrats!! Which campus are you attending and are you early decision?
I sent a primary to Kentucky in the beginning of sept but still haven’t received a secondary. Should I be concerned?
Stats?I sent a primary to Kentucky in the beginning of sept but still haven’t received a secondary. Should I be concerned?
3.8/510. OOS with no ties 🙁
[/QUOTE
They’re interviewing now so maybe give it some more time. Great stats.
Thank you! I’ll keep waiting. Good luck to you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the late response, we just took our second anatomy exam! So the answer is kind of yes and no. There are interest groups for each specially. So there is a pediatric interest group, OB/GYN, surgery and so on. Any campus member can join these groups and they are a very helpful way to learn more about different specialities. There are also several student organizations that have representatives from all of the campuses. For instance, you mention student wellness programs. At UKCOM, we have Resilient. Resilient is made up of representatives from every class at every campus. Resilient puts on events to promote student health. In order to be the doctors of tomorrow, we have to make sure that we take care of ourselves. Resilient also has a 24 hour phone line that you can call if you just need someone to talk to. AMA or the American Medical Association is also offered at every campus. On the other hand, there are some opportunities that are campus specific. At Lexington, there is the Salvation Army Clinic and VA Hospital where you can volunteer you time and really gain some valuable experience. At Northern, we have HealthPoint, a covington based clinic. Overall, UKCOM understands the struggles that a medical student can face and greatly stresses student wellness. Professors will always meet with you( face to face or zoom) if you are struggling. I'm so happy with my choice and would make it again!Hi there, thank you for being willing to share insight! I am wondering about student orgs and groups- do all the campuses have the same groups? I'm particularly interested in the Lexington campus, and looking through the different groups/orgs, I'm not sure if they are all offered at all campuses. Also, how is UKCOM in terms of student wellness programs? Thank you!
Thank you for taking the time to reply!
Sorry for the late response, we just took our second anatomy exam! So the answer is kind of yes and no. There are interest groups for each specially. So there is a pediatric interest group, OB/GYN, surgery and so on. Any campus member can join these groups and they are a very helpful way to learn more about different specialities. There are also several student organizations that have representatives from all of the campuses. For instance, you mention student wellness programs. At UKCOM, we have Resilient. Resilient is made up of representatives from every class at every campus. Resilient puts on events to promote student health. In order to be the doctors of tomorrow, we have to make sure that we take care of ourselves. Resilient also has a 24 hour phone line that you can call if you just need someone to talk to. AMA or the American Medical Association is also offered at every campus. On the other hand, there are some opportunities that are campus specific. At Lexington, there is the Salvation Army Clinic and VA Hospital where you can volunteer you time and really gain some valuable experience. At Northern, we have HealthPoint, a covington based clinic. Overall, UKCOM understands the struggles that a medical student can face and greatly stresses student wellness. Professors will always meet with you( face to face or zoom) if you are struggling. I'm so happy with my choice and would make it again!
Did anybody else wait over 2 weeks (the time frame given in their email) to hear about a possible interview? or am I being ghosted lol
I was panicking because it had been over two weeks but I received an II yesterday!
tttttttms
Full Member
If you don't mind me asking, what are your ties? Also, are you a resident of a nearby state?II just now! I'm crying and feel like I'm being punked.... complete 08/31 and interview is scheduled for 10/01
OOS but strong ties
tttttttms
Full Member
Did you get an email after your primary submission asking you to expand on your ties to the state? Are you from a nearby state?I am OOS with no ties and LizzyM of 66. I received an II so it's definitely possible for you