2020-2021 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R yup. Bring on the others, end it swiftly once and for all. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R this AM, Complete Mid July. Ouchies
loop GIF

at least this is all of our moods rn in this R storm

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone still here and shocked to still be alive rn

Reactions: 7 users
If we hear nothing today though we should assume an R since it’s probably the last day of IIs?

Pre II R today
LM 72, complete 7/22
In Spain without the S, this was my dream school and they strung us along for several months. Surprised I didn’t hear back with good mission fit and similar stats. Heck, I would’ve just appreciated an R earlier in the cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
yes michigan, give us....nothing....

they're really dragging it out today huh
can't tell if it's a good sign that they're taking their time with the last Michigan Monday or what

I’m guessing their social media person was out of office today. 😅
If they are done with IIs today, I’d hope they have the curtesy to mass-reject everyone immediately instead of this slow-drip of Rs.

Reactions: 1 users
Very annoyed they wouldn’t reject us earlier. But whatever, on to other opportunities!
im wondering if they even had a chance to read through all the apps tbh... especially since they received 10k this cycle. so anyone left till the end may not have been reviewed in the first place to be given that R sooner ??

im wondering if they even had a chance to read through all the apps tbh... especially since they received 10k this cycle. so anyone left till the end may not have been reviewed in the first place to be given that R sooner ??
I’d be surprised since I submitted mine almost immediately in July but who knows! I think they’re not completely rejecting until they know if every will accept the II.

Very annoyed they wouldn’t reject us earlier. But whatever, on to other opportunities!

I'm confused, don't some schools wait until the very end to give the R (most of the ivies), and all other schools lightly send out R's? Michigan's been rejecting people frequently, if you weren't in those waves that means you were probably still being considered. Yes, on hindsight looking at the R now, it'd be nice to get that earlier, so I understand the feeling. But it's not like the school knows they'll reject you and strings you along (all except the non-rolling admissions schools, of course).

Reactions: 1 users
I'm confused, don't some schools wait until the very end to give the R (most of the ivies), and all other schools lightly send out R's? Michigan's been rejecting people frequently, if you weren't in those waves that means you were probably still being considered. Yes, on hindsight looking at the R now, it'd be nice to get that earlier, so I understand the feeling. But it's not like the school knows they'll reject you and strings you along (all except the non-rolling admissions schools, of course).
I mean that they’ve said they’re done sending interviews and still haven’t sent many of us R’s. So kind of frustrating for a lot of people especially when you consider that they definitely didn’t decide who was getting II just now for today. We could’ve been included in the R wave earlier. I’d like to at least get a rejection email instead of just assuming now by following Twitter all day lol. I think many of us also thought there was a reason to be hopeful today if we didn’t get the R today.

I mean that they’ve said they’re done sending interviews and still haven’t sent many of us R’s. So kind of frustrating for a lot of people especially when you consider that they definitely didn’t decide who was getting II just now for today. We could’ve been included in the R wave earlier. I’d like to at least get a rejection email instead of just assuming now by following Twitter all day lol.

Well if you read the tweet, they said most likely done with interviews. My guess is that they're not sending them all out on the off chance that this cycle is weird and they'll have to interview more people. I think every school needs to consider this, this year is very weird and I don't know why some schools are not extending more IIs.

I mean that they’ve said they’re done sending interviews and still haven’t sent many of us R’s. So kind of frustrating for a lot of people especially when you consider that they definitely didn’t decide who was getting II just now for today. We could’ve been included in the R wave earlier. I’d like to at least get a rejection email instead of just assuming now by following Twitter all day lol. I think many of us also thought there was a reason to be hopeful today if we didn’t get the R today.
Instead of mourning the death of the IIs, let's celebrate the life of our applications. Looking at it positively, we made it alive till the last day. Not of any use to us, but still!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So if the application tracker on the website is currently correct (which it may not be updated) than Michigan has scheduled only 449 interviews which is down about 45 from their 5 year average. If they end up requiring around 380 offers to fill the class, that would give Michigan an 85% post II acceptance rate for this cycle. Again, assuming the tracker is up to date, it is crazy that a higher yield of applications of 3000 more led to about 45 less interviews.

So if the application tracker on the website is currently correct (which it may not be updated) than Michigan has scheduled only 449 interviews which is down about 45 from their 5 year average. If they end up requiring around 380 offers to fill the class, that would give Michigan an 85% post II acceptance rate for this cycle. Again, assuming the tracker is up to date, it is crazy that a higher yield of applications of 3000 more led to about 45 less interviews.
everyone is affected by covid, not just applicants. Interviews are resource intensive and this season may have put a larger strain on adcom members who also usually have other responsibilities outside of admissions that may be demanding more of them. Who knows... just something that came to mind.

Will be interesting to see the final numbers as well as yield / WL movement. This year is likely to be crazier than others!

Pre-II R, 5 minutes before logging on to an interview ouch

Also caught the R (finally lol - complete on literaly day one, 7/10). Nice knowing y'all!