2020-2021 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just love listening to the administration speak. They seem like such a nice group of people! The answer to "what are we looking for in an applicant" was the perfect response. Seems like Noorda is also already establishing a good relationship with hospitals and doctors in the area.
Also I know it wasnt mentioned today, but have they mentioned when interviews would start going out?
In the secondary it says we should get a decision in 2-3 weeks I believe. So hopefully pretty soon!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I just love listening to the administration speak. They seem like such a nice group of people! The answer to "what are we looking for in an applicant" was the perfect response. Seems like Noorda is also already establishing a good relationship with hospitals and doctors in the area.
Also I know it wasnt mentioned today, but have they mentioned when interviews would start going out?

I completely, emphatically agree with the bolded part above. Not only was it the perfect response, but it was delivered with authenticity.

Once again, I can't reiterate how impressed I am with the leadership and faculty at this school so far. I started looking into this school with EXTREME trepidation and skepticism considering what I have heard about what has happened at other new DO schools, and they have shown themselves to have been very thoughtful, strategic, and inventive on top of being seemingly really really good people.

I know encouraging other people to apply may lower my chances of being accepted, but I honestly can't help myself . . . *blush*

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Are there any recordings of the Faculty Friday videos? I would love to know their answers to questions like "what are we looking for in an applicant" etc!
Good morning! All of our recorded videos are on our Facebook page. Yesterday's recording started just a couple of minutes late, but the majority of the content was captured.
Dean Himmelsbach

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have suggestions for what video editing platform to use for the secondary in order to add pictures and edit clips.

Does anyone have suggestions for what video editing platform to use for the secondary in order to add pictures and edit clips.

If you have an apple product, iMovie is free and easy to use. That is what I used.

There is a video describing how to use a microsoft product I think in the secondary example videos somewhere.

Reactions: 2 users
To those who have gotten 2ndaries, how long after your primary did you get teh invite?

I submitted October 19th. trying to get a timeline.

To those who have gotten 2ndaries, how long after your primary did you get teh invite?

Wondering this as well. I submitted October 20th.

I submitted 1st week of September and got the secondary this past Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
UPDATE: Got the secondary! What a lucky strike!

Submitted my secondary last night. So excited and hopeful for an II

I've submitted my video ~2 weeks ago. In the email they said 3-4 weeks until we find out for interviews. So I am praying to God that by Nov 26th I sort of have an idea. The sooner, the more relief for sure though.

What do you think?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've submitted my video ~2 weeks ago. In the email they said 3-4 weeks until we find out for interviews. So I am praying to God that by Nov 26th I sort of have an idea. The sooner, the more relief for sure though.

What do you think?

Yep I saw the 3-4 week note too. I’m really hoping they are flying through them haha but that seems unlikely since most programs are behind. And no biggie, just super excited

What do you think?
Submitted my secondary last week. Getting a II before thanksgiving would make the holiday amazing :love:

Can’t wait to see when the first ii comes out

II received tonight, OOS applicant, turn around time from secondary to II was very quick, I genuinely like this school already!

Ditto, II! For reference, I submitted my secondary 11/2. OOS applicant. Super excited about this one!

Ditto, II! For reference, I submitted my secondary 11/2. OOS applicant. Super excited about this one!
Congrats!:soexcited:
I submitted the same day. I hope I’m still in the running! I wonder if they give post secondary Rs immediately or until the end of the cycle

Reactions: 3 users
What are the dates offered for those who received their II tonight?

None in November by the time I looked (50 mins after receiving the invite). Many dates throughout middle of December. I didn't look further than December.

I am very excited as well!

• Love
None in November by the time I looked (50 mins after receiving the invite). Many dates throughout middle of December. I didn't look further than December.

I am very excited as well!

Congrats!

I’m hoping to snag a II for this school as well. The multi-media curriculum seems interesting overall, especially with VR.

Congrats to those who got IIs! Very exciting, indeed! So it sounds like the turnaround after a 2ndary is about 9 days? Does that sound right?
When did those of you who got Interviews submit the secondary?

I got my secondary invite yesterday and I sent my video today. Hoping to hear back soon!

Got my II today! I actually love this school and what they stand for. I'm pretty blown away with NOORDA already

Congrats to those who got IIs! Very exciting, indeed! So it sounds like the turnaround after a 2ndary is about 9 days? Does that sound right?
When did those of you who got Interviews submit the secondary?

I got my secondary invite yesterday and I sent my video today. Hoping to hear back soon!
It took about 2.5 weeks for me since I submitted my secondary on the 24th of October

Congrats to everyone that got an interview! Can those that get a II post when they submitted their secondary’s? Thank you.

Submitted my secondary on October 28th so I hope next week is my week as this is my top choice :(

• Care
Congrats to all the II so far! :) I just submitted my secondary yesterday! I'm really excited about Noorda, so hopefully, I'll get some good news in the next month or so. Looks like some quick turnarounds. Good luck to all those still waiting!

Oh! If this isn’t personal, when did you first receive the app to submit a secondary? I received mine very late October - the 27th, I recall.

I don’t think that was the first secondary wave.

One of our most requested Faculty Friday sessions is up next - Research!
Tomorrow, Friday 11/13 at 2:00 pm MT.
Dr. Kyle Bills and Dr. Kota Ramana will be answering questions about the planned research activities at Noorda-COM through all four years of curriculum.
Register here or catch us live on Facebook: Welcome! You are invited to join a webinar: Faculty Fridays: Research Programs. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.
Hope to see you tomorrow!
Associate Dean Himmelsbach

Reactions: 6 users
Oh! If this isn’t personal, when did you first receive the app to submit a secondary? I received mine very late October - the 27th, I recall.

I don’t think that was the first secondary wave.
October 20th :) I'm sure you'll hear great news soon

Any ideas on how long it takes to hear back about secondaries after submitting the primary app?

Is there anyway I could watch the faculty Friday from a few weeks ago discussing the curriculum?

Secondary today. Submitted primary on 10/30 low stats, but Masters degree and a lot of healthcare hours. Glad I applied here, seems like its going to be a great school.

I know, right? Are you a nerd like me, and look forward to it all week?

Hahah definitely a nerd who looks forward. I am never let down after a Q&A. I’m left with more amazement and admiration for this school.

Secondary today. Submitted primary on 10/30 low stats, but Masters degree and a lot of healthcare hours. Glad I applied here, seems like its going to be a great school.

Submitted my primary a few days before you; nothing yet. Kind of hoping I don’t get pre-secondary rejection.

Hello everyone! I'm new to SDN and was looking for some guidance from others who have already submitted their secondary application video for Noorda! I watched the sample videos they uploaded but am still quite nervous. Is there anyone who would be willing to share some details about their video - i.e., Did you dress in a suit? Did you cut and edit your video? Does your video have graphics? Did you change locations in your video? How long is your video in length? I know this is personal and I may be asking too much, but anything you are open to sharing, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance & good luck to all!

I personally just wore a shirt and tie. My video was edited, with one take for each question. Mine didn't have graphics and I didn't switch locations. And it was 14:30, but even if you go lower than that, as long as you think you answered the questions the best way you could, I wouldn't worry about length as long as it's under 15 mins. From what I got the faculty really just wants you to be authentic and true to yourself. It was hard to come across for me as I just seem nervous on camera in general, but I did my best. Good luck!

• Care
Hello everyone! I'm new to SDN and was looking for some guidance from others who have already submitted their secondary application video for Noorda! I watched the sample videos they uploaded but am still quite nervous. Is there anyone who would be willing to share some details about their video - i.e., Did you dress in a suit? Did you cut and edit your video? Does your video have graphics? Did you change locations in your video? How long is your video in length? I know this is personal and I may be asking too much, but anything you are open to sharing, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance & good luck to all!

I dressed business casual. I stayed in one location. I did a few takes of some of the questions and one take for the rest, then put them together in iMovie. No graphics or anything special. I just focused on being authentic. This is what I said to someone in an IM about it:

"I think about it like how I try to think about a lot of things in life; if I approached the secondary from the most authentic angle possible, then there is nothing to regret because it came from a true, real, beautiful place. If you do that and get an interview invite, then you know it is highly more likely that it is a good fit for you. If not, then it is likely not a good fit. Win-win!"

n=1, I got an interview invite, but this mindset has paid dividends throughout my adulthood.

Good luck to you!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users

I dressed casual - I did my hair and makeup in a simple style and wore a nice sweater top. I changed location within my house for each topic (two of them I used the green screen effect because I was able to tie the background purposefully toward the topic at hand.) I was just under 15 mins.

• Care