You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Quinnipiac (Netter)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just a fellow applicant, so I don't know for sure, but I think the 2 weeks timeline is just highly recommended. And you can still submit even when you get past that (I did!). So I say go for it.If I already missed the two week timeline for submitting a secondary, is it too late to submit one anyway? Would they just not read mine since it's past the two week mark?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, thanks. I'm planning on submitting it tomorrow which would be 4 days past the 2 wk mark so I'm hoping they don't think that I'm not interested enough or something.Just a fellow applicant, so I don't know for sure, but I think the 2 weeks timeline is just highly recommended. And you can still submit even when you get past that (I did!). So I say go for it.
That sounds good to me!!! Good luck 🙂Ok, thanks. I'm planning on submitting it tomorrow which would be 4 days past the 2 wk mark so I'm hoping they don't think that I'm not interested enough or something.
Has anyone interviewed here yet? I'm looking at the agenda for the day and it says there are two interviews. The only other school I've interviewed at already was an MMI style, so is it normal for traditional interview styles to include multiple interviews or is this also an MMI format just less? sorry if this is a dumb question lmao
It’s traditional, two 1-on-1 interviewsHas anyone interviewed here yet? I'm looking at the agenda for the day and it says there are two interviews. The only other school I've interviewed at already was an MMI style, so is it normal for traditional interview styles to include multiple interviews or is this also an MMI format just less? sorry if this is a dumb question lmao
jkdenton16
Full Member
This is a dumb question, but does it matter which coursework we enter on the application as satisfying the pre-requisite requirements? Let's say I'm a chemistry major, so I took a bunch of chem classes, with a bunch of different grades recieved. I'm guessing it doesn't matter if I entered the courses that I received an A vs a C in, because they will see my transcript anyway
I can't say I know the answer, but I definitely did this with my courses when I had a choice. I think some places compile pre-req GPA stats so picking the best grades would be beneficial.
How was the day? Was there anything besides an interview?Interviewed here today, pretty great job by the admissions staff.
II! OOS, complete 8/15 😊
stats?II! OOS, complete 8/15 😊
There was a presentation, student panel, 2 one-on-one interviews and a video tour.How was the day? Was there anything besides an interview?
spiritcat13
Full Member
Still no secondary here. Anyone else in the same boat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
confusedandtired
Full Member
II yesterday! So excited for this amazing opportunity! OOS, LM 69, complete 8/15
II yesterday LM 75 OOS
anyone have experience contacting admissions about pre-requisite substitutions/exceptions?
my undergrad only offered one gen chem lab. apparently you need two. but they only require one ochem lab, and i took 3 ochem labs. so hoping I can maybe substitute a gen chem lab with one of my unused ochem labs? anyone in a similar circumstance?
i emailed them but have not heard back
my undergrad only offered one gen chem lab. apparently you need two. but they only require one ochem lab, and i took 3 ochem labs. so hoping I can maybe substitute a gen chem lab with one of my unused ochem labs? anyone in a similar circumstance?
i emailed them but have not heard back
anyone have experience contacting admissions about pre-requisite substitutions/exceptions?
my undergrad only offered one gen chem lab. apparently you need two. but they only require one ochem lab, and i took 3 ochem labs. so hoping I can maybe substitute a gen chem lab with one of my unused ochem labs? anyone in a similar circumstance?
i emailed them but have not heard back
Where did you see that they require 2 gen chem labs? I only took 1
their language is "General Chemistry- 2 Semesters (with labs)"Where did you see that they require 2 gen chem labs? I only took 1
i couldn't fill out the pre-requisites page on the secondary because it said i was missing 1 class. and i had everything, except for that one final gen chem lab
their language is "General Chemistry- 2 Semesters (with labs)"
i couldn't fill out the pre-requisites page on the secondary because it said i was missing 1 class. and i had everything, except for that one final gen chem lab
Weird - I interpreted it as 2 semesters + lab, but when I inputted mine in (two quarters of lecture + 1 quarter of lab) it was fine
that is so weird. you're positive you only added one course labeled as inorganic chem lab? ughh it won't let me advance. i really wanted to submit before the weekendWeird - I interpreted it as 2 semesters + lab, but when I inputted mine in (two quarters of lecture + 1 quarter of lab) it was fine
that is so weird. you're positive you only added one course labeled as inorganic chem lab? ughh it won't let me advance. i really wanted to submit before the weekend
Yeah, it definitely took me a while and I had to double-check through all my courses that I inputted but I was finally able to submit it like that!
Crestacean
Full Member
By any chance have you divided your bio and gen chem labs into two courses by splitting the units in half? Not sure why, but the instructions say to do that if the lab covers the two courses.that is so weird. you're positive you only added one course labeled as inorganic chem lab? ughh it won't let me advance. i really wanted to submit before the weekend
Yeah, it definitely took me a while and I had to double-check through all my courses that I inputted but I was finally able to submit it like that!
i ended up doing this for my gen chem lab. i mean, if my school only offers one lab, then it must cover the material from both gen chem I & IIBy any chance have you divided your bio and gen chem labs into two courses by splitting the units in half? Not sure why, but the instructions say to do that if the lab covers the two courses.
R
Removed 982794
did they ever submit complete emaisl? if we have the green checkmarks we are complete right?
yea just the "App complete" checkmark, I never got an emaildid they ever submit complete emaisl? if we have the green checkmarks we are complete right?
for those who got II's, mind sharing what dates they are booking?
for those who got II's, mind sharing what dates they are booking?
Hi! There were a couple of dates in October available when I scheduled.
D
deleted992680
AHHH I'm IN STATE and REALLY WOULD LIKE TO GO HERE; haven't heard back yet tho :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applicant20
Full Member
I submitted my secondary in August and I got the check that my app was complete. But just went on the portal and it says my letters were receieved 10/1. does this mean they were downloaded 10/1 and theyre just looking at my app...?
did you resubmit your AMCAS app by adding more schools? that could be one reason the letter upload refreshed
on the schedule it says "associate dean for admissions meeting" ....is that just another presentation?There was a presentation, student panel, 2 one-on-one interviews and a video tour.
belugaful30
Full Member
II today, booked for October 21st. OOS, nontrad, complete 8/31/20
So excited!
So excited!
confusedandtired
Full Member
For those who have interviewed, did you get a schedule for interview day? Will the interviews happen early or later in the day?
which spreadsheet. can you link ?Is the post II acceptance rate really that high? On the spreadsheet it looks like it’s almost 90%
I don’t think they interview that many people, MSAR says less than 350. And we were only 7 or 8 at my interview.Is the post II acceptance rate really that high? On the spreadsheet it looks like it’s almost 90%
huh? The number of II on the spreadsheet and MSAR are the same (343), unless I'm missing something.I don’t think they interview that many people, MSAR says less than 350. And we were only 7 or 8 at my interview.
I also was surprised by the post-acceptance rate. If true, it makes me more hopeful for an interview here.
Well yeah, 343 is less than 350 lolhuh? The number of II on the spreadsheet and MSAR are the same (343), unless I'm missing something.
I also was surprised by the post-acceptance rate. If true, it makes me more hopeful for an interview here.
Lol I guess I'm not following how that would affect the post-II acceptance rate? They are other programs with the same amount of II or less without a post-II acceptance rate as high as Quinnipiac's. But I think I see what you meant now.Well yeah, 343 is less than 350 lol
From the spreadsheet, they accept 296 and only enroll 84 -that's 3.5 times more acceptances that enrollments, a very high ratio compared to most programs (2X to 3X). My guess is many accepted students prefer more established schools.Lol I guess I'm not following how that would affect the post-II acceptance rate? They are other programs with the same amount of II or less without a post-II acceptance rate as high as Quinnipiac's. But I think I see what you meant now.
R
Removed 982794
Wait they’re done sending out interview invites?
jkdenton16
Full Member
Wait they’re done sending out interview invites?
They're just talking about the stats from last year on the II reddit tracker vs. last year's MSAR stats. They still have a ways to go with interviews, as far as I'm aware.
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Doubt they are done sending out IIs. Last year they sent IIs all the way to late Jan to early Feb.Wait they’re done sending out interview invites?
veraofficii
Full Member
I got an interview invite today. They are still sending them out!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nontraddddds
Full Member
complete date?I got an interview invite today. They are still sending them out!
i dont think they send an email. just check your app portal to see if you have a green checkmark next to the "app complete"I just realized that I haven't received an application complete from them. Submitted 9/12, received email saying application submitted, but no complete email since. What should I do? Anyone else in the same boat?
futurephysician74!
Full Member
I never got the complete email either (I don’t think they send the complete email). You can always check the status in the secondary application portal. If you’ve everything checked green and says “Your application is ready!” than consider your application to be complete. Hope this helps.I just realized that I haven't received an application complete from them. Submitted 9/12, received email saying application submitted, but no complete email since. What should I do? Anyone else in the same boat?
juliaannact19
Full Member
I got my first II from Netter on Monday this week! It is my top choice so I am really excited. For reference, I submitted my secondary on 7/21 and I have a connection to the school. Also a non-trad. applicant and IS!