2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just checked my portal and realized I failed to press submit on my secondary back in July- should I email admissions to let them know I'm very interested? Fee was paid and everything 🙁 Actually cannot believe I did that, Rochester is one of my top schools
Literallt same thing happened to me. I paid on July 13 but forgot to check the box to send my Casper so was complete August 28
 
I was complete first couple days of Sept and got the same email today. relieved to hear from them and not really going to read into it yet.
 
I got the email - but wondering what my chances are cuz it seems a lot of ii have already gone out?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup, I asked if they could elaborate on the email and they told me it was genuinely an email that hinted they have not got to those or that they are still under review. I'm a bit comforted but still neurotic nonetheless lol.
 
Didn't receive the popup cafe email - is it a webinar / info session? Can someone share the link?
 
For "Please describe what sets you apart from other applicants.", did people treat this as a diversity prompt/just slap on their diversity essay? Im kinda done with writing new essays at this point lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's just one of the questions they ask after II since they're closed file except for a set of questions
Yeah, i'm modifying a diversity essay i wrote for another school 😀
For the 4 activities, do you think it's essential to include info about it that's on our AMCAS? i'm wondering about things like how long we did it for, hour hours, specific title, stuff like that?
 
Yeah, i'm modifying a diversity essay i wrote for another school 😀
For the 4 activities, do you think it's essential to include info about it that's on our AMCAS? i'm wondering about things like how long we did it for, hour hours, specific title, stuff like that?

Hi, so I am not a current interviewee but I do know from previous cycles that Rochester interviewers won't see your full file and only have access to the 4 activities you write about along with your short essays. Based off this, I think it'd be important to flesh out the activities even if it overlaps with your AMCAS. Can someone else who's interviewed corroborate this information?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad