-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Rochester
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
In that case, I am optimistic that they actually haven’t reviewed them all. To be on the safe side, I’m going to call the office tmw and will get back to this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 for the "App still under review" email. I was complete on 9/10. Not gonna look too much into it!
Just checked my portal and realized I failed to press submit on my secondary back in July- should I email admissions to let them know I'm very interested? Fee was paid and everything 🙁 Actually cannot believe I did that, Rochester is one of my top schools
D
deleted785419
Literallt same thing happened to me. I paid on July 13 but forgot to check the box to send my Casper so was complete August 28Just checked my portal and realized I failed to press submit on my secondary back in July- should I email admissions to let them know I'm very interested? Fee was paid and everything 🙁 Actually cannot believe I did that, Rochester is one of my top schools
I was complete first couple days of Sept and got the same email today. relieved to hear from them and not really going to read into it yet.
Did you let admissions know? I guess late August is much sooner than mid October tho.Literallt same thing happened to me. I paid on July 13 but forgot to check the box to send my Casper so was complete August 28
I have not received any sort of email, did my interview with them on 9/23. Is this email only for non-IIs? Does it have any information regarding a decision date? If I read correctly, last year's cycle got As around now, so hoping to hear back from them sooner than later. Rochester is one of my favorites!
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
We are in the clear! Email applies to both those not reviewed yet and those currently under review as of the weekend.
D
deleted785419
So If u didn’t get it you’re either getting an II or an R?We are in the clear! Email applies to both those not reviewed yet and those currently under review as of the weekend.
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
I am assuming yes?
Last edited:
D
deleted785419
I got the email - but wondering what my chances are cuz it seems a lot of ii have already gone out?
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
As of last week, interviews were scheduled to December so it’s not too bad
mrmystery112358
Full Member
Manifesting some As here today 🙂 I can feel it! Todays the day!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
So you spoke with the admissions committee and they said that the email they sent out yesterday is not a hold?As of last week, interviews were scheduled to December so it’s not too bad
CoolRanchDoritos
Full Member
Yup, I asked if they could elaborate on the email and they told me it was genuinely an email that hinted they have not got to those or that they are still under review. I'm a bit comforted but still neurotic nonetheless lol.
I did not receive that emailShould we be reading into the popup cafe email, or was it sent to all?
Perhaps sent to all who interviewed?I did not receive that email
doingmybest10
Full Member
i think sent to all who interviewed! I went to one last night and the students were explicit to mention they had no affiliation with admissions/ no admissions people were thereShould we be reading into the popup cafe email, or was it sent to all?
Last edited:
prototypeblitz
Full Member
I’m from CA and was interviewed! I don’t think that disqualifies us 🙂LM 76. I am the from the West Coast though so I strongly think they might be ready to send the R lol
prototypeblitz
Full Member
Adcoms in general or for this school specifically?I have never dissected an email to this extent but according to the interview tracker and the posts, adcoms are roughly around early-mid August now with some recent interviews still going out to late July. @Jetcat I’m now gonna agree with you
Did you interview already?Didn't receive the popup cafe email - is it a webinar / info session? Can someone share the link?
prototypeblitz
Full Member
Tomorrow is 6 weeks from the first interview date (I’m pretty sure?)!! I think this thread should be getting some news soon 🙂
Did you interview already?
oh is it specifically for post-II folks? hadn't realized - thanks!
For "Please describe what sets you apart from other applicants.", did people treat this as a diversity prompt/just slap on their diversity essay? Im kinda done with writing new essays at this point lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted785419
What????For "Please describe what sets you apart from other applicants.", did people treat this as a diversity prompt/just slap on their diversity essay? Im kinda done with writing new essays at this point lol
What????
It's just one of the questions they ask after II since they're closed file except for a set of questions
zelazowawola
New Member
Yeah, i'm modifying a diversity essay i wrote for another school 😀It's just one of the questions they ask after II since they're closed file except for a set of questions
For the 4 activities, do you think it's essential to include info about it that's on our AMCAS? i'm wondering about things like how long we did it for, hour hours, specific title, stuff like that?
Yeah, i'm modifying a diversity essay i wrote for another school 😀
For the 4 activities, do you think it's essential to include info about it that's on our AMCAS? i'm wondering about things like how long we did it for, hour hours, specific title, stuff like that?
Hi, so I am not a current interviewee but I do know from previous cycles that Rochester interviewers won't see your full file and only have access to the 4 activities you write about along with your short essays. Based off this, I think it'd be important to flesh out the activities even if it overlaps with your AMCAS. Can someone else who's interviewed corroborate this information?
mrmystery112358
Full Member
A!!!! Just now!!!!!!!
Formal email will come tomorrow, this was a phone call
(9/10 interview)
Formal email will come tomorrow, this was a phone call
(9/10 interview)
Last edited:
PoorProspects
Full Member
Just got the call as well! Interviewed 9/10
A!!!! Just now!!!!!!!
Formal email will come tomorrow, this was a phone call
(9/10 interview)
Congratulations. Looks like they are sticking to the lower end of the 6-8 weeks!Just got the call as well! Interviewed 9/10
A!!!! Just now!!!!!!!
Formal email will come tomorrow, this was a phone call
(9/10 interview)
Just got the call as well! Interviewed 9/10
Congrats to you both!!
Anyone from the second week of interviews hear anything?
A!!!! Just now!!!!!!!
Formal email will come tomorrow, this was a phone call
(9/10 interview)
Congrats! If I may ask, what’s the area code that they call from in Rochester?
Buschlite30
Full Member
That’s what I’m thinking too, not too thrilled. I really liked the school a lot!9/10 interviewer here, I'm assuming if I didn't get a call it's a WL/R 🙁
prototypeblitz
Full Member
9/10 interviewer here, I'm assuming if I didn't get a call it's a WL/R 🙁
same but 9/9 :,(That’s what I’m thinking too, not too thrilled. I really liked the school a lot!
any idea where they're at with II's/reviewing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
catthemedchristmassocks
New Member
I got an II last week and the available dates started mid-December. Complete 7/30any idea where they're at with II's/reviewing?
PoorProspects
Full Member
Status hasn't changed, but a new tab appeared on the side of the page side titled "Admission Decision"For those accepted yesterday, any changes on your portal?
Does status still say application is ready?
Last edited:
If you have a significant update, then please do send it to them.Any thoughts on sending an update letter post interview? I interviewed 9/10 but haven't heard back yet and Rochester is one of my if not my top choice.
prototypeblitz
Full Member
Would either starting a new MCAT tutoring gig/starting a full time job in a medical office count as “significant?” They se both just beginningIf you have a significant update, then please do send it to them.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 227K